"Ratings don't guide my performance"Sakshi

muaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

"Ratings don't guide my performance" - Sakshi Tanwar

Now that Sakhshi Tanwar is back on TV-circuit she is all set to break her Bhabhi image. These days she is not at all touching upon any thing, which is even remotely close to Bhabhigiri. Apart from hosting Crime Patrol, she was also seen lately in a small but substantial cameo of a Rajasthani-woman. She is yet again in light to have entered as a Rajasthani woman in Colors's popular show Balika Vadhu. In an interview, the excited actress candidly spoke of her entry in BV and the journey so far.

Shed some light on your entry in Balika Vadhu?
I play the role of Teepri who in her childhood used to play with Bhairon and Basant, and was Maa sa's favourite. After many years, circumstances make Maa sa bring her back to their house and in their lives too. What follows thereof is what the story entails. More than me my parents are happy about my entry in Balika Vadhu as it is one of their favorite shows. My niece and Mom are going to love it the most.

After a Rajasthani cameo in Do Saheliyaan and then Balika Vadhu which is again a Rajasthani cameo, what are you heading to?
I would call it a mere coincidence that after the cameo in Do Saheliyan, I am offered the role of Teepri in Balika Vadhu, which also has Rajasthan as the backdrop. As far as cameo is concerned for me whether it's a cameo or full-fledged role, a role is a role. I am game for challenging roles.

Why would you opt for a show that's already been running for a year and a half?
I had been waiting for something different and challenging. The character of Teepri is beautifully penned by Purnendu ji (writer of the show) so when I was offered I took up.

Do you feel your entry will help the ratings shoot up?
As an actor my job is to portray the character I am given, with full conviction and sincerity. The rest is for the audience to judge. Ratings don't guide my performance.

Is your exit from the show is pre-decided or will depend on the ratings?
I have just begun and I hope that by the end of my journey in Balika, however long it is, people say "Just so long!"

What kind of offers you are turning down at this stage of your career?
What really matters is what roles I am doing presently.

Do you think the swarming new comers have left little scope for seasoned actor?
Even seasoned actors were newcomers once. But like my dear friend Achint says, "In every lot of newcomers, there are few actors who make their mark and are here to stay."

Had the journey been satisfactory so far?
As an actor, one is never satisfied with what one has done. There is always room for improvement. I personally feel that television is a writer's medium and I was very lucky to have got good author backed central roles to portray whether it was Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii or Devi.

http://movies.indiainfo.com/article/ratings-dont-guide-my-performance---sakshi-tanwar/994224.html

Edited by muaaz - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luv_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...SAKSHI ROCKS!!...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...Absolutely Love reading her interviews...their always so genuine & straight from the heart!πŸ€—...Its Fantastic to see Sakshi back on Television once again playing challenging & newer roles!!πŸ₯³...Television just wasn't the same without her!...i'm glad seasoned actors like her are always cherished & given wider prospects to potray roles in!πŸ‘πŸΌ...n Sakshi doesn't need TRPs to guide her.....She's a Magician n the audience just loves it when she comes over n does what she does best!πŸ€—...Love You Loads Sakshi!!😍..We've missed you around & we're Lucky to be able to watch you in action on the small screen again!☺️...Best Wishes!!

Cheers