PriDa OS **Soul mates- A Reunion**

...Maham... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
Back with an OS.. so whoever hates me for abandoning the fan fiction can stop glaring and put those tomatoes and dandas down ( unless you feel the need to pick them up again after reading this horde of rambles.. 🀣) well i dont think the ending is totally perfect.. but i didnt have time to change it... hope you like it.. and those who are wondering why am ibusy writing when i have my exams going on.. (read: Mru specifivally) i wrote this a while back.. but kept procrastinationg.... wasnt thinking of posting it... but well doing it anyway.... thanks alot Shazia and Achu for your approval and appreciation!  πŸ€— here we go then.....

*Soul mates- a Reunion*

Prithvi Saxena's fingers curled tightly around the stem of his wine glass, he saw a ring sliding in her finger'' a sensation of pain flooded in his chest and he felt as though someone had driven a knife in his heart. There was a small crack and the stem broke under his fingers. He cursed under his breath as the glass stabbed at his finger, driving in a little more deeply then he had anticipated drawing out blood. Cursing again he looked up to find her eyes on him. Her brows were knit together in worry as she observed his bloodied hand. He stared back at her and she like always felt captivated under his gaze. They were surrounded by a room full of people yet she still felt drawn to him alone. And as she looked across the room her eyes still locked with hers, the room and the people in it somehow ceased to exist. Her eyes strayed towards his hand and she felt pained again, reflexively she took a step forward, wanting to reach out to him and take care of his hand... but something held her back and as she turned her head, angry at the interruption she saw someone's hand holding hers. Slowly she blinked and the world around her came rushing back with blinding clarity. It was her engagement. She was getting engaged. "What happened Damini?" the man in front of her asked, she gulped as she tried to regain her composure. "Nothing Inder'" she said finally. Her fianc smiled at her and nodded. She turned to look in his direction again but he was gone. Feeling a crushing sense of loss she concentrated upon the event before her, wondering for the umpteenth time why she was going through with it at all when she was so obviously in love with another man entirely. But did he love her? She wasn't sure of it. She never had been. He had never said it to her'. yet when she had looked into his eyes tonight she had felt the same pain, the same loss that she used to feel every time he invaded her mind and heart

Closing her eyes in an attempt to push away her thoughts she smiled at Inder before slipping a ring in his finger. As soon as the ceremony was done, she excused herself from everyone and decided to go out to the terrace hoping that a spot of fresh air would help her frayed nerves.

Prithvi looked up, towards the heavens silently questioning himself for the umpteenth time. Wondering, mulling over the fact whether he was doing the right thing in letting her go ahead with her relationship with Inder. Frowning he rubbed his forehead, his head pounding slightly as he remembered'

Damini paced in a slightly agitated manner as she checked the wall clock across the room for the 5th time in the past hour. Where was he? She thought her anger and irritation accelerating skyward with every passing minute. She was just about to place a call to Inder when the door bell rang. Frowning in a deadly manner towards the door she rubbed her forehead,  Then taking a deep breath in an attempt to control her temper she stalked towards the door and flung it open with a fierce tug, However the man at the doorway was not the one she had expected to see. Prithvi Saxena looked up to meet her eyes, his eyes carrying strangely comforting warmth as he smiled at her. Her words died in her throat instantly and for a second she was at a complete loss as to what to say. "May I come in?" he said politely. "Yes... yes of course..." she murmured feeling strangely unsettled by his very presence. She turned around to gather herself up a little and walked inside. He followed closing the door behind him. She still had her back to him yet he could sense by her tense posture that she was angry. Very angry as a matter of fact. Feeling slightly irritated at Inder for doing this to her he cleared his throat. She turned around at once to smile politely at him and he winced inwardly. He hated it when she smiled in that fake manner. She had such a beautiful smile otherwise. Suddenly realizing the direction of his thoughts he shook his head slightly to clear it of such notions. "What are you doing here?" she asked trying not to sound too mordant. "I... uh' Inder couldn't come'." He began but she cut him sharply "so he sent you. Right." She said her anger accelerating again. She couldn't believe Inder sometimes. He changed colors like a chameleon, sometimes being endearingly sweet and charming when he wanted to be and then suddenly too busy to give her the time of the day. She turned on her heel and made to leave when his voice halted her in her tracks. "Please. Don't go." He said quietly. He did not know why he had done it. Stopped her like that. For some reason he didn't like the thought of her feeling hurt and forlorn. She turned around to look at him. "If you would like it, I would be highly obliged to take you out to dinner." He said looking at her. Damini blinked slightly. "You don't have to destroy your evening because of me Prithvi." She said. Prithvi shook his head. "I would be more then delighted to have your company. You can complain about Inder and his ways through out the course of the dinner. I shan't mind.' he said smiling at her. Damini couldn't help but feel her anger drain away slightly as she acknowledged his smile. There was something warm and friendly about it. Somehow the idea of spending the evening with him didn't seem so bad after all. Kind of delightful as he had put it. She found her nodding to his request. His face brightened up even more. "Wonderful, I will make sure you have a good time. Shall we leave then?" he asked, and she nodded again.

The drive to the restaurant was quiet one yet distracting for both of them. Every time Prithvi looked at her from the corner of his eye he couldn't help but marvel upon her beauty again and again, really she looked wonderful tonight and he spent half the drive contemplating upon whether to compliment her upon it or not. In the end he decided against it telling himself that it wasn't proper. Little did he know that Damini found his presence as unsettling as he found hers'?

As Damini settled her comfortably in the seat she couldn't help but re evaluate her opinions about Prithvi Saxena which she admitted had been anything but kind when she had first met him. The man was full of surprises. The last thing she had expected of him was to show up on behalf of his best friend and then even ask her out to dinner just to make sure she didn't spoil her mood over Inder. The man didn't show it but he certainly had a heart. And a very soft one too at that. As she threw a furtive look at him she couldn't help but notice the way his shirt stretched against his arms outlining the strength of the muscles enclosed underneath. His car smelled nice as well, she decided. It was extremely clean from the inside, a trademark found rarely amongst others of his kind. As she glanced at him again she caught sight of his lips. They were thin yet there was something in the way he held his mouth that they had a seductive way about them. As she realized the direction of her thoughts she started a little. Had she just admitted that she liked his mouth? What in the world was wrong with her? the man had been kind enough to take her out to dinner and here she was observing his musculature and the way his lips had that firmness about them'' Stop it Damini. She scolded herself firmly trying to push the strange, unreal temptations out of her head. To make sure her thoughts didn't wander again she concentrated on looking out of the window, although her treacherous heart couldn't help but reflect wistfully upon the fact that he had certainly been a more tempting subject for the eyes''

The dinner that followed the drive turned out to be a pleasant one. they ate and drank and talked about completely random things from the weather to the way the waitress kept up her outrageous attempts at flirting with Prithvi throughout the course of the dinner all of which he ignored, much to her sheer disappointment. For some reason Damini felt at a strange sort of ease with him something she had yet to experience with Inder. although they were soon to be engaged yet she still used to feel slightly awkward around him something she used to ignore giving herself the reason that it would go away with time as theirs was going to be an arranged marriage yet here she was, making comfortable conversation with a man she had met mere days ago. she could talk to him about everything she realized from her job to her personal life, her passions, her dreams and even her fears something she found the most surprising of all because she never admitted her weaknesses to anyone not even to her own mother.

Prithvi couldn't help but feel a slight envy for his best friend by the time the dinner was over. The fact that he did not appreciate this gem of a woman enough infuriated him slightly. Really he had to have a talk with Inder about his ways. It was okay to be hard working and feel passionate about your business but when it came to this woman he decided that business really ought to take a back seat. But no, this was the fifth time this week he had failed to show up for their date claiming that the work at the office was simply too much and he couldn't take time for such matters. Such matters. Really he treated his relationship with her so lightly. Prithvi thought running his hand through his hair. For some reason that he decided was best left un pondered upon he felt the need to take care of this woman. Felt the need to make her smile, make her laugh. He found it soothing, he realized. Almost healing to his soul.

Damini glanced at Prithvi to find him frowning at something. "What is it?" she asked slightly cautiously. Prithvi looked at her brooding over whether to tell her about the source of his frustration or not. "I'm sorry' for inder's behavior..." he said in rushed tone. Damini looked at him, trying to analyze whether he had just said it out of sympathy for her. Yet as she looked into his eyes she saw a flash of anger in them. And she realized that he was actually feeling angry at Inder for ditching her. "Oh' it's okay... I'm used to it..." she said after a slight pause. "You shouldn't be." Prithvi muttered before he could stop himself. Damini looked up at him feeling surprised by the extent of his infuriation. She found it slightly comforting in a way, as she realized that maybe she wasn't making a mountain out a mole hill after all, like Inder always used to claim, something which used to make her feel like a petulant child ultimately forcing her to drop the subject in front of him. "Is it his work again?" she asked softly. "Yes. He has a big project coming up." He said trying to keep the bitterness out of his voice. "Yes so big... that I no longer matter." she said the hurt clearly reflecting in her tone. Prithvi stared at her as he felt her pain affecting him like his own. The image of wringing Inder's neck flashed across his mind. Somehow he actually liked the idea. "I really am sorry... I don't know what's wrong with him... I'll talk some sense in to him. He needs it." his voice sounding much too acerbic towards the end. "He needs to realize just how'" he began again but stopped himself just in time. Damini looked at him, a hint of curiosity in her eyes, as she wondered what he had been about to say and why had he stopped so abruptly.  He rubbed his temples as he tried to make up for the damage. "Inder is not a bad guy... really' it's just that when it comes to his work... well it's almost an obsession for him. He forgets everything else when it comes to his business. But I'll talk to him. I'm sure he will come around when I do." He said trying to comfort her somehow. Damini nodded and looked away a strange lump rising in her throat as a hint of tears appeared in her eyes. Prithvi couldn't help but gasp inwardly as he felt a tearing pain in his chest as he caught sight of her moistened eyes. Almost reflexively he reached out and wiped them away. Damini started a little as he reached out to wipe her tears. She looked away awkwardly. What in the world was wrong with her? Why was she tearing up in front of him? She thought searching for an answer in her mind but unable to find one. Probably because it lay somewhere within the folds of her heart. "Please don't cry'. I... I don't like it when you cry'" he whispered quietly looking down at the table. Damini looked at him, her face an epitome of surprise, yet she couldn't help but feel more then just a little touched at his compassion and the ring of truth behind his words.

They hadn't been able to strike much of a conversation after that. He had paid for the dinner and they had left. The drive home was as quiet as the previous one however the silence this time was perhaps even more strained, the air seemingly thick with electricity. However when she had bid him good night at the door step and thanked him for the evening the gratitude behind those words had made him want to smile again and he couldn't help but feel as though he had achieved something of utmost importance in his life. Her happiness. He had talked to Inder but unfortunately he had only managed to pay heed to his words for a week after he had gone back to his previous behavior.

Prithvi frowned again slamming his injured hand against the wall wondering why he simply didn't go to Damini and tell her the truth about Inder. That he did not love her. Did not deserve her. But what if she loved him? Try as he might he could not break her heart like that. And he couldn't betray Inder as well. Despite his many faults Inder still was a good man. But Prithvi had to admit that Damini definitely deserved someone more worthy of her love. So lost was he in thought that he did not hear the footsteps as she entered the terrace

As Damini entered she saw the achingly familiar silhouette of a man standing there. And she felt her self being transported to the occasion where she had come across him for the first time''

"Come on Damini... I want you to introduce you to someone" Inder said in an excited manner as he dragged Damini towards the terrace. Damini wondered who in the world it could be that had Inder so excited. Shaking her head slightly in amusement she let him pull her forward. As she entered the terrace she saw the profile of a man standing with his back to them. He was looking upwards as though examining the heavens. "Prithvi..." Inder said. The man in question turned around his hands dropping to his side. "Damini you remember Prithvi? My best friend from university?" Inder said casting a good natured smile in his direction. Damini nodded. "Prithvi this is Damini, my girlfriend and the girl I hope to marry one day..." Inder said in a flamboyant tone. The man's lips quirked up in a slightly amused smile at his friends over enthusiasm before he turned to look at her. He was handsome. Deadly so., she found her self admitting. As she observed his nonchalant stance and impassive face she couldn't help but feel slightly drawn to him. There was something in his eyes, as if he knew something she didn't. As if he had some deep dark secret. They were slightly cold but she had seen traces of warmth in them when he had regarded Inder. Apparently this man held a great deference for him. "Miss Gujral." He said quietly nodding his head in acknowledgement as she smiled back politely. Inder's cell phone rang and he picked it up excusing himself as he left the terrace in order to receive the call leaving the two of them alone. For some reason she couldn't help but feel much too aware of his presence. Nervously she tucked a tendril of hair behind her ear.

Once in your lifetime there comes a moment so sharp and so fast that after its occurrence your life somehow never remains the same. For Prithvi Saxena that moment came when he first laid his eyes upon Damini Gujral. As soon as his face found hers he felt himself being swept away by a force so strong that it was a wonder he remained standing. Unfortunately in that meeting she was playing the role of the soon to be fianc of his best friend. As his eyes found hers he felt a strange pull at his heart. As though his heart had felt the echo of some long lost relation. As if he almost knew her. He was a cynic, karma and mysticism meant of no consequence to him so he couldn't help but feel slightly astounded by the very direction of his thoughts. There had been plenty of women in his life. They had come and gone; and he didn't have the faintest inkling about their current whereabouts. Yet there was something about the beauty in front of him that had captured his heart and fascinated his soul like no other. As he looked at her, memorizing the details of her face almost hungrily he heard her speak in musically cultured voice. "So tell me Mr. Saxena what brings you here..? As Inder has told me you are quite a bit of a traveler'" she said decided to break the silence surrounding them. "My best friend is about to get engaged so my presence here should hardly occur as a surprise..." he said. "Oh' forgive me... but I have heard that you are quite heartless and such matters are rarely of any consequence to you'" she said, wondering why in the world she had been so blunt regarding his reputation. Prithvi tilted his head. Her honesty struck him as strange. Almost unnatural. It had been quite a while since he had come across an honest opinion, and he realized that he liked it. A little too much maybe. "Maybe so... But Inder is a friend whom I really do treasure... what ever you may have heard of me may be true' I don't know what vile rumors they have spread behind my back but yes Inder is someone who matters to me. And I do have some affection for him." he said. "So you say that whatever it is they  say ... it is un true... a product of thought and assumption put forward by people who are much too bored with their own lives?" she said her tone challenging. The last bit made him chuckle. Really her thoughts were very alike his own. "Hardly, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they have actually managed to get some of it right... I have had my share of pleasure... I donot deny it." He said. Damini couldn't help but feel slightly stunned at his outright admission to his not so dignified deeds, she had come across men who denied the truth even when nobody believed them and there were those too who told tales of their so called chances at doing things Mr. Prithvi Saxena admitted to. He had not even said it in a proud manner rather in an offhand manner as though it did not matter to him. Never before had she met a man who was so brutally frank and honest about his actions. "Well... you must be a very happy man... the life that you are known to live'" she said in spite of herself. A strange look passed through his eyes as he stared at her' "I'm afraid Miss Gujral I would not agree with you over there... Pleasure does not always become a source of your happiness'" he said his voice trailing off meaningfully... Damini looked at him, wondering what to make of the statement. The man lived a life of extreme luxury he could get any thing he wanted and yet he did not agree to the fact that he might be happy in his lifestyle... "They are wrong... the lot of them..."she whispered finally after a moment's rumination. Prithvi looked up "I beg your pardon?" he asked politely. "I think they are wrong... you do have a heart..." she said meeting his eyes. "Well everybody does have one... its highly uncommon to be without the possession of the organ that beats in your chest... its one of the key necessities to even having a chance at survival... "He remarked dryly. His sarcasm struck her as unusually funny and she couldn't help but laugh. As he saw the woman before burst into mirths of laughter, the sound seeming almost musical to his ears he gazed at her captivated by the way her eyes lit as her facial expressions changed from a somber to that of juvenile behavior. Somehow it warmed his heart. Really she was right... he thought suddenly. Maybe he did have one after all'.

Damini closed her eyes and shook her head slightly as the reminiscence ended... she caught sight of his hand with which he was leaning against the side wall. On closer inspection she realized the hand was bleeding, he was pressing his injured hand against the wall. Feeling a sudden burst of anger at him and at everything else happening around her she walked up to him and turned him around roughly so that he staggered slightly caught off balance. "What in the blazes are you doing!" she screamed. His look of confusion infuriated her further and she grabbed hold of his injured hand by the wrist. "When you get a cut, you have it looked at... you don't press it against the wall... an action which would only increase your pain...!" she ranted on. Prithvi looked at the angry temptress in front of him barely listening to whatever she was saying as he couldn't help but remark simply how beautiful she looked. "I'm talking to you! Are you even listening?" she said her voice breaking into his thoughts. Head slightly reeling at the direction of his thoughts he simply said a little quietly "Nothing." Damini frowned at his utter lack of response but put the matter out of her mind as she caught sight of his bleeding hand again. "Come, I had better have a look at it... because I know that you won't bother to do the job yourself." She said as she turned around indicating that he followed, despite the melancholy which had been surrounding him earlier, his lips quirked up in a smile, for some reason it bought him great joy that this woman, the only one he had ever coveted and probably the only one he ever would knew him so well. He followed her out of the terrace as she led him away from the guests towards her bedroom' as he entered he felt a sense of dj vu settle around him as he remembered the last time he had come here'

"Illa Ji' Do you know where Damini is, Inder couldn't come so I'm supposed to take her shopping." He said addressing Damini's mother as she came up to greet him. "Hmm... its Sunday... she usually sleeps late... I think she must be in her room only... why don't you go and check'?" Illa answered. A shadow crossed his face at the prospect of going in to her room and possibly waking her up, yet the shutters fell in place the next moment and he nodded. "I can do that." he said with a slight nod. Illa smiled then turned around heading towards her own room. Sucking in his lips slightly he took a deep breath as he climbed up the steps. He reached her room, to find the door closed. He breathed again to calm his slightly frayed nerves. Cursing himself slightly then at his puerile nervousness he rapped sharply against the door. There was no response so he knocked again. After three unsuccessful attempts he let his hand fall away in slight agitation. Where was she? He wondered. Was she still asleep? As soon as the thought crossed his mind his treacherous heart hammered wild ly against his chest and he wondered slightly wistfully just how beautiful she would look sleeping. Feeling slightly heady as a mad urge to see her took control he tried the door knob. It was open. Gritting his teeth slightly he entered subtly in the room casting a quick look around. The huddle on the bed outlined a sleeping form which confirmed his theory. She was asleep. Slowly and hesitantly he moved towards her bed, his mind firing questions regarding the morality of his actions. He ignored every notion of leaving the room right there and then and simply moved forwards, knowing he could not go back... as he reached her bed side he saw her head peeking out of the blankets. The sunlight filtering through the window spread across her beautiful features enlightening them softly making her almost glow. He bent slowly in a bewitched his hand arched forward as his fingers reached out to touch her, to feel her. He ran one calloused finger tip across the length of her face, as it soaked her warmth in. A lock of hair teased across her cheek and he reached out to tuck it behind her ear. His eyes wandered to her slightly parted lips and he closed his eyes at once trying to ignore the growing temptation inside him. She murmured slightly and his eyes snapped open wondering if she had awakened, but she was still fast asleep. As he gazed wonderingly at the goddess in front of him he realized that he had never actually known the full extent of her beauty. She had never appeared as beautiful to him as she did now. An aura of simplicity surrounded her yet her face managed to give off a strange type of a glow. He wondered what he could have possibly done to have earned this opportunity of basking in her beauty.

She murmured again and her eyes opened a fraction. The blurred image of Prithvi Saxena came before her eyes and a smile reached her lips at the welcoming visual. "Good morning" she murmured softly the image smiled back at her, there was something in its eyes, something she had never really seen before. Fascination. Enchantment. And they were directed at her. Strange. Never before in her dreams had she imagined Prithvi don a look like that. It had always been one of love. Not worship. "Sorry" the image whispered. Now he was apologizing? This dream seemed to be getting more bizarre by the second she thought with a slight frown. Prithvi saw the lines appear across her forehead and all he wanted to do was kiss them away. Cursing himself for angering her and entering her room he made to turn. "I'll wait outside." He muttered. Damini saw him walk away and a sharp pain pierced at her heart. He couldn't leave her. Not in her dreams too. She thought and called out to him a note of desperation in her voice. "Don't go." She said. Prithvi's back stiffened as he heard the plea and turned around. "Sorry?" he asked slightly confused at the sudden turn of events. Damini shook her head again wondering if it was time to wake up. Yet the image did not change. Because it was real she thought with a dawning sense of realization. Prithvi was here. In her room. Prithvi saw her eyes widen slightly and frowned wondering why she was looking at him as though acknowledging the fact for the first time that he was in her room. "Nothing." Damini muttered looking away hastily as she covered herself up with the blankets nervously. Prithvi merely nodded and turned to leave. As soon as he was gone Damini breathed in sharply. He had actually entered her room while she had been asleep. She touched her hair absentmindedly wondering what he was doing in the house in the first place. Not that she minded. Not in the least her heart thought in a treacherous manner. Scolding herself she got up from the bed. As she made her way to the bathroom she recalled the look in his eyes she had seen. That look of utter veneration and she couldn't help but shiver slightly. No matter how many times she had imagined him cast a loving glance at her apparently Prithvi Saxena did it better. Much better. She washed and cleaned up and after putting on a fresh pair of clothes she emerged from her room to find him standing with his back to her. As he heard the door open he turned around his eyes slightly lowered... "I apologize for what happened earlier... I did not intend to offend'" he began but Damini cut him off with a sentence of her own. "You will have to do much better then that to offend Me." she whispered. He looked up to meet her eyes as he stepped closer "well then I humbly avow to re double my efforts." He whispered. Damini stared at him, her mind mulling over his answer in a haphazard manner wondering, contemplating what he could have possibly meant. The look in his eyes sent shivers down her frame and she looked away hastily. "You should go and have some breakfast' we can leave in half an hour" he said as he turned his back on her and made his way to the lounge below.

They stared at each other slightly awkwardly and Prithvi knew that she too was thinking about that brief encounter. Damini looked away then made her way to towards her wardrobe while instructing Prithvi to sit down on the bed. She returned to his side 5 minutes later holding a first aid box. "Really Damini' there's no need..." he began but she cut him off instantly. "Keep quiet." She instructed firmly and the look in her eyes told her that she was not to be deterred. Warmth spread inside him as he observed her concern and concentration with which she held his hand gently in hers, applied the disinfectant and then bandaged it. She could feel his gaze on her all the while she tended to his hand and she wished that he would look somewhere else. It was wicked, his gaze. It made her feel nervous and shivery and she used to feel drawn to it almost magnetically. As she looked up finally he looked away at once whispering a soft thank you to her. She nodded and made to get up. "Well that's done. We should probably be getting back or else they will miss us. Please be careful with your hand or else you will worsen the cut. Try not to use it excessively." She instructed. He did not respond but simply tilted his head slightly as he simply looked at her. Getting the feeling that he wasn't listening to a word that she was saying she asked him "what are you staring at?" trying not to sound too acerbic.

"You. You look beautiful tonight." he whispered quietly. Caught off guard by his statement Damini blinked, inwardly wondering whether she had just imagined it all. "Black suits you... it accentuates your eyes..." he whispered. "Oh you finally noticed'" Damini said her tone slightly snappish, wondering inwardly why in the world she was feeling a slight irritation at his compliment. Was it because of the fact that he had taken this long? That he had conveniently picked the night of her engagement to tell her that he actually found her beautiful. Really this man was all things hopeless when it came to relationships. Prithvi chuckled... "I have always noticed Damini' always'." He whispered pulling her forward slightly so that there faces were inches apart. Slowly he reached out and tucked a tendril of hair behind her ear, caressing her cheek softly. "Why does it matter to you so much?" He whispered huskily." What does?" she said her voice barely above her whisper as her breath caught in her throat at his sudden nearness. "My getting hurt. I have been hurt before too Damini'" he said. "It has always mattered Prithvi' you have no idea just how much actually" she whispered. He looked into her eyes then feeling the love inside her... love which was meant for him... and him alone' not the man outside. A strange feeling rose in his chest then. It was warm, and it made him feel ecstatic. It was a new feeling... and he felt like he was coming across it for the first time... maybe because he had been surrounded by his melancholy so much that it had grown foreign towards him and his heart. It was happiness'.  He realized. He was happy. Very happy. And it was all due to the woman in his arms. Slowly leaning forward he pressed her lips to her as he felt the mad desire to share that happiness with her... share that love'. Damini closed her eyes as his lips met hers. He kissed her gently at first, his lips moving across hers lightly' leisurely' teasing and enticing as her body lit up slowly'. Her palms moved across his chest and linked around his neck of their own accord as his arms circled around her waist and pulled her closer, his kiss turning deep as he recognized her response'. He moved his hand restlessly across her back pulling her even more closer unable to get enough of her his lips hot against hers as he buried his hand in her hair. A while later they broke apart feeling slightly out of breath. He trailed his trembling hands up the length of her arms before placing his fingers around her face as he placed his forehead on top of hers. "Be mine'" he whispered raggedly. "Why?" She asked as she placed her hands on his. Prithvi blinked as he suddenly realized the enormity of his admission, he untangled his hands from underneath his and stepped backwards at once his mind still going over the horror of his actions. He had kissed her. After all his attempts of hiding the fact that he loved her he had gone ahead and kissed her. What had he been thinking how could he possibly do this to his own best friend and that too on the very night of his engagement. He turned around abruptly to impose a face of indifference across his features. "I have to leave." He muttered as he turned around Damini winced slightly as she saw the shutters firmly in place. As he made towards the door she grabbed hold of his arm. "Why? Why are you doing this to me? Why do you always run away? If you don't feel anything, if you don't care then why don't you just leave me alone? You think Inder is perfect for me right? Then why are you still here? Why did you kiss me?" she said placing both of her hands on his arms as she shook him with all her strength. "Don't you see... how much it hurts me' how much you are hurting me?"  She said as tears ran down her face. Prithvi felt that blinding pain again as he looked at the tears in her eyes. Why did it hurt so much? He cursed as he tried to abstain himself desperately from the notion of gathering her up in his arms and comforting her. "I don't know what you are talking about..." he began but Damini slapped him across the cheek. "You know perfectly well what I am talking about? You and I both know that Inder is not the man for me. Then why do you still insist that I go with him? Do you not care about my happiness at all? Or even his? You know we won't be happy together." She said. When he made no response she pushed him away as anger replaced the hurt inside her. "Go away! Just leave. What ever they have said about you is right! You don't have a heart inside you after all. Forgive me for taking so much of your precious time. You can back to your whores and mistresses. You will be much happier with them." She said astringently as she made to go past him. However he grabbed her waist and pulled her in his arms his control finally snapping. "I don't have a heart? Then what is this organ beating inside me, which pumps out the blood carrying the love I feel for you'. you are taking up my time? Do you know that I was given the chance I would spend the rest of my life simply looking at you? And what was that in the end? Oh yes my whores and mistresses? That was before I laid my eyes upon a certain Miss Gujral. I told you didn't I. there is a difference between happiness and pleasure... you... you are my happiness and my pleasure'" he said as he cupped her face in his hands. "Why am I your happiness Prithvi? Why would you rather spend your life staring at me then doing anything else and why does your heart beat for mine alone?" she asked as she for the second time in that hour placed her hands on top of his.    "Because I love you' I have always loved you'so... so much..." he whispered fiercely as a lump rose in his throat. Damini gripped his hands tightly his voice sounding like a musical symphony to her ears. "Say it again." She whispered a strange urgency in her voice. And he did' as he whispered those words again she buried her head in his chest hugging him tightly' "I love you too'" she whispered as tears filled her eyes, and she felt a wild kind of joy erupt in her chest, as her heart celebrated. She was his''.. Finally she was his'. She was ''home. 

===============*===============*================

Well thats it... waiting for the brick bats and the tomatoes...

EDIT- have been forgetting to add this.. the first meeting is inspired from the love story towards the end of the film Dorian Gray.. so im not taking the full credit for it.. =)

Love,
Maham
Edited by rankanrock - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jakhushi thumbnail
Maham,

What have you done baby? I am seriously speechless....it was so beautiful...each and every word.  I am not even going to try and use any other adjective. Because my vocabulary is inadequate for this peice.
It transported me to their world. I loved it & am dazzled by your talent. A sincere thanks for sharing this. again...beautiful.

The way you captured their dilema, their initial reluctance to acknowledge the love...Perfect and very very life like.

Ok....now the fun parts ..(you know meπŸ˜›)...so now tell me Maham dahling....she noticed his lips huhπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰????? accha bachuuu   🀣...I had this silly silly smile when I was reading that part....

I have loads more to discuss on the entire idea of this OS......so let me know when you are on chat sometimeπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰. Totally imagined GauCha through the peice😳

& now young lady...😳 ( in my stern mode)....why are you up posting this? Dont make me take out my danda too Maham...while I hate saying this...I wil wait for the part of sharing-the-news-with-Inder till exams are over. You know that its killing me to say it...🀒...but please focus on exams. Waise hi mujhe patta tumhara dimag most of the time kiss haath pe rahetha hai 🀣 πŸ€£πŸ€£.

Fell in love with this OS. You made me remember why I fell in love with PriDa & GauCha in the first place.😍

Loads of hugs for this amazing giftπŸ€—

Khushi.

yaaayyyy....first to comment. Just my lucky lucky day...what a way to begin the weekend ❀️. Off to read this again at 4:15 am in the morning.

Edited by jakhushi - 14 years ago
snehakapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hey maham........wht can i sa abt this........u hve amazing story writing skills and a an amazingly brilliant imagination........i could imaine all that happenning ...........thta is truely prida.......loved it..........it was jst simply brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!
hapinezz13 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Amazing Maham!!!

what a read!! n wow PriDa were something else in this!!!

I esp liked the part how memories were interspersed with the present!!!

It took Prithvi so long to admit his love.....poor soul was fighting between right and wrong !!

Fantastic!1
Mru_bee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Maham.. πŸ€—

When I saw the OS post.. I did wonder .. if I needed to send you a stern PM to concentrate on studies ...
But Now since you say that it was written b4, I will hold on to that PM..

Maham.. U are the QUEEN of PriDa angst .. πŸ‘

Loved it ..πŸ‘
πŸ‘
But This better be the last .. now you can write only after ur board exams..πŸ˜ƒ

-- Mru

shalini_s thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Maham.. what a OS... speechless.. just one thing to say... πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
-Sid- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

am not good enuf to be able to comment on such an OS.

coz words and emotions both fail me when i come to read some this out of the way
Sia889 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Reserved
will comment later
Maz. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Maham babes...this was all things beautiful..WOW...just wow...loved everything just everything...you have a way with words girl...amazing..loved how they confessed...loved how you mixed the present n the past scenes....

the part were he says 'Be mine'...ohhh tht was something❀️...

PriDa..GauCha..you captured the emotions so so so well... brilliant piece!...and her checking him out during the drive..ehehe nice one πŸ˜‰

keep it up Maham!..will look forward to more from you after your exams πŸ˜ƒ
Ann_92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Oh WOW.....maham u r jus a fantabulous writer..............i have no words aftr reading dis OS
u've mads me speechless
fantastic workπŸ‘
n now gud luck 4 ur xams