Dev Anand Sahab's Anand Studios is being renovated

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Anand ki asha

Though Dev Anand is functioning out of a cubbyhole while Anand Studios is being renovated, he remains high-spirited

The evergreen Dev Anand is also indefatigable. Anand Studios is being renovated, but that doesn't dampen the sprightly filmmaker's spirits. Even though he is confined to a tiny 15 X 10 space, he hasn't lost his zest for life and continues to work on his forthcoming film Chargesheet with the same enthusiasm.
Earlier, Dev Anand worked in a sprawling studio, and had the whole Anand studios building at his disposal. The tiny area in Siddhi building on 15th Road, Khar functions as his temporary headquarters, while he travels a lot for shooting, dubbing and mixing for Chargesheet, which is in post-production.

Even in confinement, the 86-year old actor-producer-director still smiles radiantly when he meets us. He says, "Yes, it's tough for me. Also, I have to depend on other studios when they are free. But I am doing it. I never give up."
Of course, Dev misses Anand Studios very much. As things stand today, it will be rebuilt in about a year's time. "It will be ready in ten months. The thing that I miss the most after shifting here is that, unlike old times, when I drove into my compound, I immediately saw my own people (staff), here I get down outside the building and…," he shrugs.

Dev Anand has always seen the silver lining, and says that the extra travel because of the shift gives him the opportunity to meet more people. "Isn't that a nice thing? I love to interact with people," he concludes with a smile.

Meanwhile…

Dev Anand would surely like to see Shah Rukh Khan quit smoking. The story goes that Dev Anand and Shah Rukh met at a party hosted by Anil Ambani recently. Shah Rukh was sitting a few seats away from Dev Anand. When their eyes met, Shah Rukh acknowledged the veteran and when he approached him, Dev Anand told him that he should kick the butt. "Tum yeh chhodoge nahin?" Dev Anand asked him. "Shah Rukh took it in the right spirit and laughed," says Dev Anand.

Link http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2010032020100320023747662d81c80e4/Anand-ki-asha.html