9/3 - Sid-Riddz: Of cockroaches, hugs and mothers!

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

First , a mourners' line - Nahiin! Nahiin! Nahiin! I can't believe that soon i will make paper-rockets out of this gorgeous , gorgeous Sid-Riddz story instead of writing essays here.😆😆😆😆😆😆😆....chalo, chalo, let's get back to the post....

It is late in the night and in the moonlit room, Riddhima slowly wakes up from her sleep and sees where Siddhanth is. And then, she sees him. He has fallen asleep at her feet on the bed , gingerly resting his handsome head on his arm and swaying to and fro in his baby sleep. Riddhima looks at him and slowly , the softness that comes from your maternal instincts upon seeing a baby sleep creeps over her face. She stares at him with the most affectionate smile and slowly , unconsciously her hand goes to his head and she strokes his hair as he moves and fumbles like a child in his disturbed sleep. She keeps looking at him in is innocence best - a welcome change - when he is not roaring at her like a wounded tiger, when he is not accusing her, when he is not calling her a walkie-talkie home theatre system ......This is the Sid that Riddhima wants to see - calm and peaceful. But then, the trance breaks. ALARM BELLS ! ALARM BELLS! ALARM BELLS!.....What am i doing? What the freaks in the world am i doing? She withdraws her hand from Sid's head and runs out of the room , leaving Sid sleeping peacefully who is totally unaware of the rising change in his unloving hostile wife. 

Shocked at this transition of feeling - a rather 'leap of faith' kind of change and  realization towards what she is beginning to feel for Siddhanth - you feel that Riddhima would scream out in shock at her own behaviour and her growing consciousness of her pull towards Sid. The frantic hand movements , the worried vague walk, the breathless fumbling - they indicate how stunned a person can be when changes occur without his/her permission and the person has no idea what to do and how to deal with the change.... Riddhima never planned falling for Sid.... Riddhima never felt anything beyond fond gratitude affection towards Sid..... but it is changing now and it is unsettling Riddhima to no end.

What am I doing! What was I doing inside the bedroom! Gazing at Siddhanth? Feeling a pull towards him on the lines of attraction? No! No! No!.... this is insanity. This cannot be... this is IMPOSSIBLE! .....how can i feel that way for Sid? That too in an attraction sort of a way? Relax, Riddhima... this is just... just.... oh! what is it! I think it is just my platonic affection towards Sid because he has been my Man Friday... i mean , i am bound to feel affectionate towards him because he is my support system ...and now, he is my husband. Flustered and still reeling under shock of her fleeting moment of attraction towards Sid , she collapses on a swing.... and then, it strikes here....Sid coming close to her during Holi , trying or rather testing to kiss her during the famous seduction test... and bells ring in Riddhima's head....No, it is not platonic affection......It really isn't. I am behaving like a cuckoo because i am bending towards him in a woman-to-man way! ... I am not seeing him as my punching bag -cum-problem-solver anymore.... I am seeing him as a man I am married to......Sid's closure , Sid's proximity , the feeling of having him around has touched me as a man touches a woman....I am changing. And i cannot deal with this.... wasn't that emotional pull enough that i have to deal with an attraction bent as well? An emotionally wrought Riddhima does not go back into her room.... fighting her feelings , and fighting herself, she spends the night out in the lawn .......

Riddhima cannot handle this change and that it has struck her , she wants to go in hiding where Sid's eyes don't follow her and where she doesn't feel the urge to stroke his head lovingly while he sleeps unaware.

Perera uncle comes early morning and delivers her a message of life - What is stopping you, Riddhima? It is a new day , a new life . Don't be afraid of holding a new hand and walking ahead, sweet one.

Later , in the morning, Riddhima comes to the room for something and Sid is not there. Still, going cuckoo over her new discovery of  a turn in feelings , she bumps into Sid who is just coming out of the bathroom and they find themselves in physical proximity - Sid -Riddz look at each-other caught in each-other's arms and the shy discomfort comes through. Especially for Riddz who now wants to keep Sid at an arm's distance because she cannot handle the way he is making her feel. Sid steps away , again looking like a hybrid piece of cactus and goes towards the mirror to admire his own good looks and spray out Riddhima in the whiffs of a body spray.... Riddhima doesn't run out . She quietly looks at Sid , the new consciousness tugging at her heartstrings and hammering in her mind .... she walks near the bed so that she can see Sid and talk to him as well.... but what is she going to talk? She is becoming tongue-tied in front of Sid and then... then, she spots one of Cupid's many downmarket but effective weapons - a cockroach and the staid serene woman turns into a squealing schoolgirl and hops to the bed screaming.... Sid turns instantly, worried - what happened, Riddhima?  Riddhima again screams cockroach and there you go....

Husband -wife have one meeting ground - They both are terrified of cockroaches!😆😆😆😆😆😆

So, Sid runs up to the bed and joins his wife in hopping mad and terrified on the bed and screaming at the least-bit-concerned-cockroach ..... and they look adorable - hugging each-other and thrown into a capsule of innocence away from their wobbly marriage and bruised feelings. The proximity strikes them again - they are actually that close - Sid on his keep distance mode and Riddhima on her how to handle the distance mode look at each-other ..... Sid releases her from his embrace and Riddhima runs out of the room with a pounding heart - no, no, no, this cannot be happening, i will decide what my heart will do.

Sid, stupefied at Riddhima's strange behaviour tries to stop her but she is gone. Still, trying to figure out Riddhima's changed behaviour , his cellphone rings and he is rather unsettled to see Paddy Aunty's number flashing..... nevertheless , he takes the call and weaves fantastic tale of what a great honeymoon holiday it is. But how can you deal with Moms? They have seen more world than you have... she wants to see honeymoon pictures of her darling daughter and her super darling damaad ......Sid is check mate.

Later , as they are leaving , Perera Uncle is taking pictures of Siddhanth and Riddhima who are standing like peace representatives of India and China. Kya karein... musibat hai....Mummyji wants to make photoframes , photos to khinchwaani padengi.....The scene , straight out of 'Hum Dil Chuke Sanam' is cute , hilarious and high on emotion as far as Riddzie is concerned.

Sid is forced to pull Riddhima closer , slide her arm around her waist , engulf her in his arms to say 'cheese' in front of the camera and in all poses  while Sid is cool, Riddhima is super conscious because his touch puts her into a flashback of the last night and the transition she is going through..... and in every picture , she is looking at Sid with a feeling and an expression she doesn't want to deal with and she storms off . She cannot handle this - she is reacting to Sid physically which in turn is propelled by her change of feelings. Sid is flustered at her behaviour.... alright , i know you are a cuckoo, but why in the world are you behaving like a certified cuckoo?

Later, as they enter the house, Sid is already losing his marbles over Riddhima's changed behaviour and then, we meet Sid's mommy and the second you look at her , you know from where Sid's temper genes have come.... ah, well. Tomorrow is going to be explosive.... Sid's impulsive intro of Riddz to his warrior mother as a friend's wife is going to get him whacked with two pairs of classy heels - one of his Mom and another of Riddhima. He has said it on impulse of the shocking moment but Riddhima is not going to be happy about it.... It is good in it's own way.

So, Riddhima is falling for Sid- she cannot deal with it - Sid doesn't know of it - hmmm... did anyone just hear the explosions?

Goodness, kindness , compassion moves mountains and just as small flowers find way within cracks of cemented walls.... love can come softly again. If mountains and walls can crumble, Riddhima is only human.....And Sid is a balm.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
I was about to go to sleep but now will finish reading this and then leave.

Edited

Ridz wakes up to see Sid fallen asleep at the feet of the bed. She looks at Sid who is calmly sleeping and smiles. She touches his head affectionately and then suddenly realizes what is she doing. She withdraws her hand and runs out.

Ridz come to terrace and questions herself. What is happening to me, why am I behaving like this. I and Siddhant can never be together. Does him coming near to me is making me feel something. No it can't. I can't.

Ridz can't understand what her changing feelings for Sid. She knows they would go separate ways tomorrow after they tell Shashank everything once he is ready to face the truth about her marriage with Sid and there can be nothing b/w them.

Mr.Parera tells Ridz meaning of sun rise is a new day a new beginning. Leave the bitter memories of past behind and walk ahead. Don't run from life face it.

Ridz bump into Sid when he comes out of washroom. They have an eyelock. Sid goes to the dressing table while Ridz stand at the place when her eyes fall on cockroach she yells and jumps on bed. Sid who is unable to understand and when Ridz points her fingers and says cockroach. Sid joins Ridz in yelling and jumping on bed😆😆

They have another eye lock. Sid releases Ridz from his embrace who leaves the room. Sid is not able to understand Ridz behaviour. Padma calls and says how excited she is to see their honeymoon pictures. Now Sid-Ridz have to click pictures to show Shashank-Padma how nice their trip was so that they are not hurt and to keep them happy.

Sid-Ridz are standing at two ends while posing for pictures when they are reminded by Mr.Parera that they are husband wife. Sid is forced to pull Ridz closer. Throughout the session Sid is calm but we can see the uneasiness b/w Sid-Ridz. Ridz is looking at Sid it took her back to last night when she was touching Sid's head affectionately watching him sleeping peacefully. She can't take it anymore and leaves. Sid is not able to understand why is Ridz behaving like this.

Sid-Ridz reach the house to find another shock waiting for them back home Sid's mom has arrived. She questions Sid about Ridz and he replies back she is his friend's wife. There are many questions Ridz would be wanting to ask from Sid after this statement for his. What effect does Sid's mom's entry brings in SR life only time will say.

In the end I would say:

Life is simple, its just not easy.
One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.  ~Hans Christian Anderson
Edited by *Shruti* - 14 years ago
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Lovely post

We definately saw a shift of feelings from Ridz, and how she withdraw her hand and how she was at standing near him and her running out and then the pictures

She is so scared and conscious of what Sid's touches are doing to her, and Sid cant understand what is wrong with her lol

Edited by Lennie - 14 years ago
-Fatima- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
lovely post
aww ridz feelings shifting for sidd
-RACHNA- thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

ho ho ho i love the way uve written this epi 👏👍🏼uve made me smile all the way thru pocahantas.

now gettin back to the story

finally the realiation is hitting n flowing thru her veins that she likes n sees sid as her hubby

oooooo cant wait 4 2 moro 😃

p.s when is armaan comin back?
DMG fan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
story going "Yes Boss" way!?
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lennie

Lovely post

We definately saw a shift of feelings from Ridz, and how she withdraw her hand and how she was at standing near him and her running out and then the pictures

She is so scared and conscious of what Sid's touches are doing to her, and Sid cant understand what is wrong with her lol

Hey Lennzie!🤗

I think it was rather cute. Riddhima was literally running scared of Sid.😆😆😆😆😆😆.... and Sid is wondering why is she behaving more cuckoo than usual? Happens... as you have often said... love comes slowly and softly...

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Pocahontas

Hey Lennzie!🤗

I think it was rather cute. Riddhima was literally running scared of Sid.😆😆😆😆😆😆.... and Sid is wondering why is she behaving more cuckoo than usual? Happens... as you have often said... love comes slowly and softly...

Exactly, this sort of love and in this kind of situation - Love Comes Softly and Slowly😳 Edited by Lennie - 14 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RACHNA-

ho ho ho i love the way uve written this epi 👏👍🏼uve made me smile all the way thru pocahantas.

now gettin back to the story

finally the realiation is hitting n flowing thru her veins that she likes n sees sid as her hubby

oooooo cant wait 4 2 moro 😃

p.s when is armaan comin back?

Thanks for replying, Rachna.🤗

I am glad that you liked what i wrote. Riddz-Sid were super cute today and tomorrow Sid is getting one slap i think for fumbling in front of his mother. 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆....

Armaan could be back by Friday , i think.

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Edited my previous post and shared my thoughts :)