Poll Choice
Login To Vote
risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Shankar Mahadevan

Song:
Taare Zameen Par
https://sound6.mp3pk.com/indian/taare_zameen_par/taarezameenpar01%28www.songs.pk%29.mp3

Please rate his performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

• 10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
  • You are NOT rating the song
  • You are NOT rating how much you like Shankar
  • You are NOT rating how much you like his singing in general
  • You ARE rating how well he sang in this song in particular
  • Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there
  • Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1348110

Feel free to discuss his rating for this performance!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
One of my most favourite tracks!
Full of innocent sentiments.. and lovely lyrics..👏
The starting is absolutely fantastic, keeping intact the slow rhythm, the singing goes with the flow steadily. good job by the chorus at the back.
High-notes are pleasantly sung totally clean and flawless, the main thing about this song is the heart-felt emotion which makes it so re-memorable and gives goose-bumps. the lower-notes are difficult to sing and Shankar ji has been able to retain the sur and charm there as well, it is not easy to sing in a low-key.
The central alaap of Shankar ji adds beauty, and the ending background singing is just awesome.
it involves the listener to come up close and listen to what the lyrics have to say.

This song definitely motivates me to give it a 10, also because Shankar ji has given a new dimension to his style here, usually he sings fast and high-pitched songs, but here he is soft, mellow and low-key - and still manages to give flawless singing.

brahmabul thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Well a very touchy song filled with emotions. But somewhere I feel it is not as difficult as 'Tera Jaado Chal Gaya' or 'Ajj Din Chadeya'.

8/10
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Once again, great composition by the ever so talented Shankar Mahadevan!

Another song that required you to have a lot of feel in your singing and express a lot through your words. Which Shankar does very well. There were some high pitches he handeled really well, while throughout the song he had softness in his voice that was well executed. I agree it's not as difficult as the other songs. Though he finished very strong near the end, which made up for some of the lack of difficulty.

Rating: 9/10

xobile thumbnail
God bless all involved in making this song: Shankar, Ehsaan, Loy, Prasoon Joshi and Aamir Khan!

Wah wah wah! Just perfect in every way and it's not an easy song at all.

The problem with giving tens is that you don't even have to justify the score - the singing is just so awesome!

TEN ON TEN!

And going with the children theme, I'll play Uditji's great father-son song 'Akele Hum Akele Tum' (movie of the same name). Music by Anu Malik. And Uditji actual son, Aditya, sang this with him!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfBidjlJqNE[/YOUTUBE]

Ek taraf Shankar, ek taraf Narayan - hum taaron mein hi honge!
p@ras thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
this song doesnt deserve anything less than 10..I dont even have to tblink my eyes to decide...it has me in tears everytime I listen so the credit goes to the singer...if the emotions are not there then its not easy to make the listener cry and I have many friends who say the same thing abt the song every time u listen to it u cry and if u see the video alos dont even have to ask anyone will cry
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

9/10. such songs are quite suitable for Shankarji.

risingabove thumbnail
Round 4 ends later today (or tomorrow)!!!

14 hours left to vote!!!!

saq123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Well sung by Shankarji, but i liked Rahat Sahab and Sonuji's performances more. Also, he mispronounced Raunaq as Raunak, plus did not like the portion with the chorus. So, 9.
Here is KK singing for Shankarji in the recent film KCK
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAclSiu9VwA[/YOUTUBE]

risingabove thumbnail
Polls are closed!

Audience Avg: 9.0
Judges Avg: 9.5

Final Avg: 9.2