Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
Nah.  I never get confused between Yudhishthir and Arjun of BRC MB.  I don't like the actor who played Yudhishthir but I am afraid it's more to do with me not liking Yudhisthir's character than the actor himself.

Bhishm Pitameh, Duryodhan and Karan are very well casted too.  So is Dhritrashtra and Shakuni.  Just like you said, both RS' Ramayan and BRC's MB did a pretty darn good of casting.

Kunti's "puteron" instead of "Putron" bugs me a lot.  They should have worked on her hindi diction. 

They will show Draupadi's cheer haran this Saturday. 
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Yup, totally agree! Arun and Nitish are THE Ram and Krishna for me, as well as Deepika (Sita), Sunil (Lakshman), and Dara Singh (Hanuman). Arvind Trivedi was also perfect as Lankapati Ravan and Roopa as Draupadi. I also loved Arjun as Arjun.

Yes, it's that Swapnil. Here are some pics of my heart throb Krishna.😳

Arjun was perfect as Arjun, but what the hell happen to his career after?... he started playing all sorts of weird roles
Edited by Emptiness - 14 years ago
my_view thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Whatever flaws the serials may have had, the casting was perfect. But is it just me or do any of you ever get confused between the Yudhisthir and Arjun actors in MB? They look so alike!

The actor who portrayed Arjun was nondescipt and didn't leave a mark on me. They could have done much better casting another personality actor.. In fact his face doesn't even come to mind when I think of Arjun.
Yudhistir was ok but not great either.
Originally posted by: lola610

- Shakuni's main beef was against Bhishma, as he was the one who arranged Gandhari's marriage... same with Amba, went from a her to a he because of the love she lost when Bhishma kidnapped her for his brother... in both of these cases, do you guys think Bhishma's behavior justifiable because it fit with the politics of the time (which he had to subscribe to because of his devotion to Hastinapur), or was taking control of these girls' future just plain wrong?

Place saver.  I'll be addressing this post tomorrow.
Anyone seen Peter Brook's Mahabharata?, apparently it's really good.
Originally posted by: Emptiness

Arjun was perfect as Arjun, but what the hell happen to his career after?... he started playing all sorts of weird roles

Some of them would not suit the mainstream roles.  They looked good on the get up they put on for these epic serials.

Deepika also did some c-grade movies just to break the Seeta-image after Ramayan was over.  Arun Govil's career pretty much ended when Ramayan ended.  Looks like they suited their characters a bit too much😆

Draupadi - Rupa Ganguly - is working as Thakurain in one of the serials these days - Agle Janam Mohey Bitiya Hee Keejo.  She aged gracefully and looks very elegant.  She also suits the submissive thakurain role a lot.  But see how many years it took for her to break the Draupadi image!
my_view thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Swapnil looks good although like a neighborhood kid playing young Krishna.

Oh my.. the actor playing Radha looks like his Amma...!

[QUOTE=_LalithaJanaki

[/QUOTE]
Originally posted by: my_view

The actor who portrayed Arjun was nondescipt and didn't leave a mark on me. They could have done much better casting another personality actor.. In fact his face doesn't even come to mind when I think of Arjun.

Feroz "Arjun" Khan. He even changed his name to Arjun.

I liked his acting a lot. To me, he was very good. Especially towards the end.

The actor who played Yudhishtir has avery short neck.  Doesn't look Royal at all.  But then, I don't like Yudhishthir's character anyways so may be my perception is a bit tainted here.

The actor who played Arjun suited his role.  Just like Nakul & Sahdev.  But yes, when I looks back, I rememberd the actor who played Karna vividly but Arjun, Nakul & Sehdev faded away.  Wonder what's up with that!

Swapnil looks good although like a neighborhood kid playing young Krishna.

Oh my.. the actor playing Radha looks like his Amma...!

Radha is supposed to be older than Krishna...