Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Rinky- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
ok this is a very interesting topic indeed... I will go with the lack of fragrance concept and the beauty of the genda phool is best when all petals seen together concept..otherwise i dont know why else genda phool i chosen to describe the sasural...
DiscoDhokla thumbnail
hey thnx a ton... 😊
evn i was wondering y is sasural is being referred as genda phhol...
Bul3 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thnx for the enlightenment!!:D
kchaims thumbnail
nice question anu dii.lol am week in hindi and i thought genda ment caught LOL
and i thought  suhana's freedom wil b taken and al in her sasural she is compared to b a gendaa hua phool 😎🤣
123mom thumbnail
this is right merigold is a compound flower where each petal is a complete flower in itself and cluster of many flowers means each member has its own identity and together they make a complete joint family
and another meaning could be as though genda phool is not very beautiful looking flower and has no fragrance of its own but it is considered a pious flower that is why it is always offered to god during prayers andit always leaves color on light colored clothes could be significance of each family member leaves its own impression.......
Manasi_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: shounak-rijul1

Actually,marigold i.e genda phool is a very diff flower......it is actually a cluster of flowers that means each petal is a flower by itself ..but the beauty of a marigold lies when u see all the petals together collectively..like a sasural where different members are a complete individual but when they come together they are collectively called SASURAL depicting the joint family system.the song is a actually a folk song from chattisgarh where a married woman describes her sasural..that is why the show is called Sasural genda Phool.

source:-had read earlier during the release of delhi 6 in some blog,so thought of sharing the info 

I think this is what it refers to...that the 'Sasural' is as variant & yet close-knit as a 'genda phool' I think the conceptualization is really good! I mean...poets think so deeply na...I would never have imagined this metaphor😆 But is is so apt & true...esp in the serial! Evey single person is so different from the other...but they still live for ezch other
SomerholicGirl thumbnail

And  IMO, to say as Rijul said Genda phool is a flower called mari gold.... It looks beautiful when u see the whole flower....And Actually Mari gold is like a sensitive flower in which, if u remove one petal of the flower, the other petals too start coming out...(I have tried this guys)...And thus the flower will lose all its petals and only the sepal remain... It looks odd to see that.... In the same way Sasural is too like a mari gold flower which shatters or separates what ever it may be... if there is a small mis understanding in them...Those small misunderstandings lead to hatred between the people as in yesterdays episode of SGP where Disha and Rajni feel bad for treating Suhana in another manner and all.... If we adjust to the conditions, its alright but if these misunderstanding leads to much hatred and fights, the sasural collapses like mari gold flower which loses its petals.. and it will be awkward to look....

So the comparison of sasural to a genda phool IMO is totally apt...
Hope I make sense...

Love,
Harika
jaya_1234 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shounak-rijul1

Actually,marigold i.e genda phool is a very diff flower......it is actually a cluster of flowers that means each petal is a flower by itself ..but the beauty of a marigold lies when u see all the petals together collectively..like a sasural where different members are a complete individual but when they come together they are collectively called SASURAL depicting the joint family system.the song is a actually a folk song from chattisgarh where a married woman describes her sasural..that is why the show is called Sasural genda Phool.

source:-had read earlier during the release of delhi 6 in some blog,so thought of sharing the info 

Really a good and apt explaination😊😊😊
MeeraXD thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
thenks for the reasoning... me too was confused why is it "Sasural Genda Phool"
-Veena- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

My two cents...😃

The term 'genda phool' is a metaphor. The literal meaning is a 'Marigold Flower', and the metaphor here is that the in-law family is full of different kinds of people and various little activities that define them, just like the 'Marigold Flower' is of different varieties and different colors.so comparison is in between different member's behaviors to different color of 'Genda" (marigold)

This makes sense!!

Me and a friend were talking about it the other day and the explanation that i had was:

whenever Sasural is talked about it is about - btchy mother in law who can't let go of her son... overbearing sister in law.. bother in laws and their wifes.. and their kids.. all the cheee.. chooo.. and the noise and the crazyness....

So that is how Sasural is .. like genda phool.. plain, dry, non fragent..where the flower is common.... and nobody is excited about that flower .. like there is an exotic kinda feeling when we say..Rose or Lotus..

Yaa..why don't we call Sasural gulab phool.... 😆because our vision of gulab is more beautiful.. fragrant and it makes us happy..

This is totally how i perceived it...
does anyone else felt like i did!?