19/2 - Sid-Riddz: I refuse you, Dr. Riddhima Gupta

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

A dazed , suicidal , on the brink of losing her life Riddhima. Dolled up as a beautiful bride stood on the terrace waiting both for Siddhanth to say what he wanted to say and her impending death - a death that would release her, her parents and Sid . Well, at least that is what she thought in her state of impulsive depression.

Sid entered - taking steady steps towards her. He was calm and he knew what he wanted to ask and what he wanted to tell Riddhima. He thanked her that she agreed to see him before the wedding but Riddhima did not look at him - she was looking towards the death that was walking towards her with quick steps. An emotionally wrought but cool, calm and composed Sid tells Riddhima that why is she getting into this marriage if the very thought of marrying him is distressing her so much ? Fine , you are doing this for your parents and their honour but what about you? And me? Is it even registering in your head that what you are doing to me? If all this makes you so unhappy , you shouldn't have said yes. Riddhima has no firm-feet answers and finally, Sid tells her earnestly and genuinely that he wants this marriage to work - he is least bit interested in exercising his role as her husband but he will forever be her friend...... He will wait for her. The journey , the distance is for her to cover . Riddhima was listening to him but her reflexes were beginning to fail her .... the poison was catching up.....she would collapse any moment now. Sid saw those tears in her eyes and they caught him. Why are you crying? Please don't. I will do what you want.... Riddhima finally turns towards him , her feet giving away and tears rolling down her cheeks. She looks at a distressed Sid and then..... seeing that the end is near.... she lifts her hand and with all the platonic affection , regard and fondness that she holds for Sid , she affectionately touches his cheek and tells him that he is a wonderful man .... but it is too late... it is over....

As a puzzled Sid looked at her  in shock ,she collapsed , having done her share of apologizing to Sid and finally letting him know that he is important and she thinks and wishes well for him. A stunned Sid ran to her aid , only to be slapped by the shock of seeing a poison bottle roll out of her hands....

It was a tough time for Sid. Riddhima had consumed poison and he had to not only recover her but keep the folks out of it. If anybody finds out , all hell will break loose and all the efforts they are doing to restore the honour of Guptas will go for a toss. I guess being a doctor , Sid  believed that he could handle it. That is something I have always liked about this man - since his bratty days. He doesn't lose sight of reason and sense even in crisis.

As the whole family and friends go round in circles wondering where Sid-Riddz are , Sid took Riddhima to a room. He was panicking but he held to his senses - I can handle this. You will be alright Riddhima. He injected her, brought her to semi-consciousness , made her vomit the poison. All the while handling the family and folks who were playing KBC  regarding what the two of them were doing inside the room right before their wedding?

Riddhima recovered and Sid's panic and concern was instinctively replaced by fury, angst and emotional outburst. Riddhima returns from the washroom , holding tightly to her and Armaan's picture - she totters and Sid supports her - making her sit comfortably but no affection showing.

He starts off with cold subtle fury - Why did you do this? ..... Riddhima , still dizzy and quite ashamed doesn't look up at Sid and Sid blasts her right-left-centre.... finally , unleashing what HE feels , instead of acting and reacting to what Riddhima feels....

Is it my mistake that Armaan left you? What was the need for this whole facade of a marriage if this is what you were going to do at the end of the day? You became so selfish in your misery that you didn't even once think of your parents? What do you think your Dad would have told the world? Have you any idea what misery and humiliation you were about to plunge your Mom-Dad into? .....I am not going to be a part of this, Riddhima! I refuse you... I refuse you, Dr. Riddhima. I cannot take this pain anymore . You must release me.

Riddhima , realizing the weight and sensibility of Sid's words burst into tears - her tears did not stop.She had no answer to any of Sid's questions or accusations - because they were true.When Sid says he will go and tell everything to Shankypanks, Riddhima begs him not to do so but Sid's mind is set - this marriage is not happening. Riddhima says she has no idea what she has done and why she has done - and you actually realize how badly this girl needs to be emotionally woven together all over again - how essential it is to bring her back to the state of normalcy both at a psychological and emotional level.

And as Sid opens the door of the room - he finds an earnest worried father looking at him with a million questions in his eyes.......

Hmmm.... so as expected out of Sid , he is all set to call off the wedding but him and Riddhima have to be thrown together in wedlock and in all probability , they will be.

Today , for the first time, we saw what is happening inside Sid and how he feels as an individual about Riddhima and being her pet punching bag. All his pent up emotions came gushing out and Riddhima said nothing. Not because he is right - because Riddhima knows he is right. She was distressed , ashamed and could hardly utter a sentence beyond Siddhanth's name.

Now, as Sid-Riddz enter into a marriage , Sid will not forget that Riddhima has no trust in him and she tried to take her life because of him - he may even distance himself from her. And Riddhima will not know how to deal with Sid and how to erase the 'poison' . Armaan in her heart and Sid in her life , the journey is tougher for Riddhima from all sides.

Edited by Pocahontas - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Do I have to say Anything Poco !! Your post is amazing!!! 
As Always I am Speechless...!!!👏

Wonderful post once again !!

Even I refuse you Riddhima Gupta!!! Haha.....That was the line of the day !!  😉

Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Armaan in her heart and Sid in her life , the
journey is tougher for Riddhima from all sides.

amazing line, and i loved your post, you summed it all very well.
Thanks.  
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful Pocu 👏

Playing KBC 😆#

I am glad this was tackled by SR alone, this was needed to done by two ppl who fate have brought them together even since they met

I agree about Sid's anger and fury, which was needed and RIdz to hear and also we saw Ridz knew he was right

I agree that Sid will be distant, i dont think erasing the posion issue is gonna be easy

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: princess1

Do I have to say Anything Poco !! Your post is amazing!!! 

As Always I am Speechless...!!!👏

Wonderful post once again !!

Even I refuse you Riddhima Gupta!!! Haha.....That was the line of the day !!  😉

Thanks Pinnchu. 🤗

I loved the entire Sid-Riddz interaction today. Sid controlling the situation and then, finally scolding Riddhima and making her realize that so many lives are attached to her. I knew Sid would refuse to marry her and he did. But I don't think he can break Shanky's heart since Shanky sees all the hope for Riddhima in him.

Love and luck always,

God bless you.

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: arss

Armaan in her heart and Sid in her life , the

journey is tougher for Riddhima from all sides.

amazing line, and i loved your post, you summed it all very well.
Thanks.  

Thank you so much, sweetie. I am glad you liked what i wrote.

Love and luck always,😳

God bless you.

Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@Poca

can i use that as my siggly line please? i really love it.
maryumtalks thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Brilliantly written!! Loved todays epi!!
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lennie

Wonderful Pocu 👏

Playing KBC 😆#

I am glad this was tackled by SR alone, this was needed to done by two ppl who fate have brought them together even since they met

Same here. It was strictly between Sid-Riddz like it has always been. The pain , the angst , the bitterness , the injury and the healing - they are meant to tackle it all alone and the trend continues.

I agree about Sid's anger and fury, which was needed and RIdz to hear and also we saw Ridz knew he was right

I agree that Sid will be distant, i dont think erasing the posion issue is gonna be easy

Whatever Sid told Riddhima brought some sensibility to Riddhima and also exposed her vulnerability all over again . She broke down and told him that she has no idea what she is doing. Sid, struck by her trauma , still stuck to his guns.... he will tell Shanky that he doesn't want to marry Riddhima . But resolving to do something is one thing and doing it is another. I don't see Sid being able to say all this in Shanky's face.

Love and luck always,🤗

God bless you.

princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
🤗ya Poco....!!  you said it right...Now Sid refuse....But Dr. Shashank Gupta's expression at end !! it was father's emotion and Hope on SID.....He has so much trust and belive....that  makes me ....so good...!!

Shashank and Sid -----Scenes are pleasant to watch ....I am sure we have nice convo between Shanky and Sid...!!

love you 2 poco🤗 again  the today i will rate episode 10/10 ...!!