17/2 - Sid-Riddz : Ajnabee Modh hai.

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Today , we realized that even though Sid-Riddz have agreed for this 'marriage of honour' - they both stand on different banks of the river.... totally different.

Sid - a good man with a heart if gold is embarking on this journey with a new hope , new beginnings. He is looking at this marriage as a giant step in his life that he is still coming to terms with. But the walkie-talkie candyshop that he is , he is trying to spread sunshine into this awkward phase of life. He is being optimistic and hoping against hope that him and Riddhima will perhaps not live like two slabs of ice thrown together. Sid is about warmth, joy , compassion , hope and that is what he wants to spread to Riddhima's life....

Riddhima - a shattered , heart broken woman in a dicey psycho-emotional state who is embarking upon this journey in the hope that she won't live to see the next day and release everyone - herself, Shashank , Paddy and Sid. She is numb and is not thinking at all - she is at the verge of succumbing to herself. She is all about sorrow , grief , sadness, pessimism , hopelessness and abyss like darkness - a black hole that threatens to not only consume her but everything and everybody around her......Separation from Armaan and Armaan seeming to have receded away has finished her - she is all hollow inside.

And yet these two people are going to marry .... marry for all the wrong reasons....

But Sid has resolved to make everything right.... right for Riddhima.

Today , as Sid stood at his farmhouse , making sure that all arrangements are in place - flowers, decorations and the works , you could see that he is trying to start on an optimistic note and that Riddzie's happiness matters very much to him - he doesn't want her to feel ashamed of this marriage.
The expressions with which he looks at that lovely ring in his hands thinking fondly of his grandmother - you can see that he is giving it to Riddhima because she is important - she is going to be his wife - and the giving if the ring symbolizes Sid's whole -hearted acceptance of Riddhima into his life. When he sees Riddhima's car arrive , he asks his granny if that is a sign that he is doing the right thing?

Sid's friends are sure impressed with him , especially Naina. They seriously believe that Sid is in love with Riddz while we know that Sid is still dealing with his sentiments towards Riddhima.

As Riddhima comes in , you realize that Sid-Riddz still don't know how to act around each-other. A formal 'hi' is exchanged and the awkwardness sets in again as the excited gang watches. You wish they go back to calling each-other Buddhi Chudail and Bloody Molester ....rather than this unnerving silence.

Sid wants to finish this hesitance and awkwardness and the friendship was the first step towards it. He actually treated Riddhima like a queen today even though she is too numb and distressed to feel anything - surrounding her with moons and stars that are kind of symbolic of his promise of happiness to her - making her comfortable and telling her in the sweetest manner possible that today is a big day for them and she does mean a lot to him - going on his knees and formally proposing her with the ring - telling her that it is only today that he noticed how beautiful she is - TODAY because he is becoming sure of his decision and accepting her as she is. Riddhima , at first overwhelmed by the efforts that Sid had done for her looks away in discomfort and hesitance - what do i tell him? I cannot relate to anything here - I am going to die and he is making promises that my death won't allow him to keep....

But that ring had to slip onto Riddzie's finger and it did - the rejoicing gang made it happen. Riddhima's eyes filled with tears and that struck Sid... somewhere he knew why she was crying but the pathos was dissolved in the surrounding joy.....

Sid plans to look after Riddhima like he has taken care of nobody else and you could see that in the smiling promising confidence with which he told a teasing Anjali that he is not even that much a kid. He can look after Riddhima and he will.

And as Riddhima, sat like a mannequin in the haldi ceremony and Sid looked at her from upstairs - you could see that shift of feelings happening  - he knows he is slowly crossing the boundaries that separate him from Riddhima emotionally - it is the beginning of a love that is going to cause him nothing but suffering with no promise of light at the end of the tunnel as of now - you feel kind of relieved when he tells himself that it is 'liking' , not 'love'.

That is the problem with human emotions - you don't even realize when you cross the line and by the time , you do , it is too late. It is kind of hard for writers and creatives to depict the opaque and complicated psycho-emotional state of these two characters - they falter at times but i hand it to them for keeping Sid and Riddz in their characters.

Tomorrow, Riddhima is again going to scream at Sid and drive the point home that nothing will ever connect them and that she will always love Armaan. Sid will be hurt but he will deal with it and keep his commitment. There is no fighting , no turning back - now whatever it is , they are in this together.....Ajnabi modh hai. Seriously.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Wow - lovely post, you summed it so well esp Sid's pov - yes his feelings are shifting and this is a huge step for him but he is being optimistic and has now starting to see her in a new light - the acceptance he has over Ridz/marriage and yes its liking - not love, but what is going to be there is suffering for Sid inside, but Sid will stand by her no matter what

I agree Ajnabee Modh Hai - which is very disheartening for Sid right now coz he doesnt know what and how its going to be whilst i dont think Ridz has even thought about life after marriage, seeing as she still has death on her mind

That is the problem with human emotions - you don't even realize when you cross the line and by the time , you do , it is too late. So true, its so hard to go back once you crossed that line even when you know you shouldnt esp without realizing it

It is kind of hard for writers and creatives to depict the opaque and complicated psycho-emotional state of these two characters - they falter at times but i hand it to them for keeping Sid and Riddz in their characters.
I think the writers have a gem here, in what they created in Sid/Ridz bond - the emotional bond

But that ring had to slip onto Riddzie's finger and it did  - i like that you used the word Had - its like it had to happen anyhow, we all kinda knew she would refuse it but the gang all accidently made it happen or the upperwala πŸ˜‰
Asthuox thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Do you even know how amazing you are. Your post is so touching. I loved it. So beautiful, amazing, awesomely wonderful, perfectly penned down, im actually running out of words to praise this piece.

You once again have brought all the emotions felt in those scenes back to alive. You hightlight both the characters thoughts and feelings towards what is happening. I must confess once again. You have completely blown me away. Im speechless.

Sid is turly a gem and Ridhima's sorrow filled eyes can't see this along with the great wall of china i name- Armaan. I really wonder how will Sid live up to the promises of a husband. I have full faith in him but it will be too hard, too painful with the new born feelings in his heart.

I don't know what else to say since you have clearly written down everything I could think of. Hats of too you poco.

Love you <3
Lennie thumbnail
This also stuck with me that Sid noticed

Riddhima's eyes filled with tears and that struck Sid... somewhere he knew why she was crying but the pathos was dissolved in the surrounding joy.....

and like you said i think Sid kinda knew why she was crying, and Ridz seemed alittle surprised - but Naina took hold of it
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lennie

Wow - lovely post, you summed it so well esp Sid's pov - yes his feelings are shifting and this is a huge step for him but he is being optimistic and has now starting to see her in a new light - the acceptance he has over Ridz/marriage and yes its liking - not love, but what is going to be there is suffering for Sid inside, but Sid will stand by her no matter what

True. Even if Sid ends up falling for Riddhima , he will neither tell her nor let it show unless pushed to the edge. He will just keep his promise - look after her , be with her and protect her .

I agree Ajnabee Modh Hai - which is very disheartening for Sid right now coz he doesnt know what and how its going to be whilst i dont think Ridz has even thought about life after marriage, seeing as she still has death on her mind

Yeah. I guess I wrote 'Ajnabi modh hai' more from Sid's POV than Riddhima's because she is not even touch with reality. Sid doesn't know what the future will be but he is going to give it his best shot. Go with the flow and keep his thoughts and feelings to himself.

That is the problem with human emotions - you don't even realize when you cross the line and by the time , you do , it is too late. So true, its so hard to go back once you crossed that line even when you know you shouldnt esp without realizing it

Well, that is the whole issue - we have a control over our mind but the heart is a born wild horse. You don't direct it. It rules you.

It is kind of hard for writers and creatives to depict the opaque and complicated psycho-emotional state of these two characters - they falter at times but i hand it to them for keeping Sid and Riddz in their characters.
I think the writers have a gem here, in what they created in Sid/Ridz bond - the emotional bond

Hehehe. Yes. It is no mean feat writing a daily and meeting expectations. It seriously isn't.

But that ring had to slip onto Riddzie's finger and it did  - i like that you used the word Had - its like it had to happen anyhow, we all kinda knew she would refuse it but the gang all accidently made it happen or the upperwala πŸ˜‰

The gang deserves a hug today. Sid-Riddz were so heavy duty today but the gang made everything happy and light. I loved them today, Yuvi , of course , i love permanently.

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Asthuox

Do you even know how amazing you are. Your post is so touching. I loved it. So beautiful, amazing, awesomely wonderful, perfectly penned down, im actually running out of words to praise this piece.

πŸ€—....Thank you. If what I write makes you feel nice , my purpose is done. I am glad you liked my little study into the real psyche behind fictional characters.

You once again have brought all the emotions felt in those scenes back to alive. You hightlight both the characters thoughts and feelings towards what is happening. I must confess once again. You have completely blown me away. Im speechless.

Sid is turly a gem and Ridhima's sorrow filled eyes can't see this along with the great wall of china i name- Armaan. I really wonder how will Sid live up to the promises of a husband. I have full faith in him but it will be too hard, too painful with the new born feelings in his heart.

The kind of man Sid has turned out to be - he will never let his hurt , his problems and his angst come in between his promises. His concern is Riddhima and her safety . I guess he stopped thinking about himself  quite sometime ago. It is stupid but then, goodness in itself is a stupidity ... a stupidity of an awesome kind.

I don't know what else to say since you have clearly written down everything I could think of. Hats of too you poco.

Love you <3

Lennie thumbnail
True. Even if Sid ends up falling for Riddhima , he will neither tell her nor let it show unless pushed to the edge. He will just keep his promise - look after her , be with her and protect her . 

I agree, i can see Sid being like this, and also if he does end up falling for her, he wont ever tell her but i bet there will be times where he has to stop himself - remember Vanraj πŸ˜‰

I can see Sid being protective and Ridz being annoyed by it and probably give him a lecture on it and how whatever she does is up to her etc - at times like this Sid will be hurt

Yeah. I guess I wrote 'Ajnabi modh hai' more from Sid's POV than Riddhima's because she is not even touch with reality. Sid doesn't know what the future will be but he is going to give it his best shot. Go with the flow and keep his thoughts and feelings to himself.

I have full faith in Sid being the best man and husband to Ridz in terms of honouring his vows and what he has promised to look after her, put her needs before his, give her happiness, facing problems together etc  - as you said give it his best shot, with his whole heart into it 😊
Edited by Lennie - 14 years ago
some1 hold me..........2day has been the MOST BREATHTKINGLY BEAUTIFUL sidhima epis till date....................

STANDING OVATION to cvs for presenting the sidhima scene in such an amazing way..................

first of all......sidhima looking a bit toooooooooo gozsssssssss in white.........

sid looking at her.in a diff light coz now they r getting married.........the awkwardness,,,,,,,,,,,,,the eyelocks..........uuuuuffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.............those moments were killer yaar

plus i m getting addicted to the sidhima bkground score.................i just love it now

sid calling her his duihaan...............that was gold...............

plus sids koshish to mk her feel special.............with the moon and stars....sooo cuteeeeeeeeeeeeee

when he went on his knees to propose her...............my heart literally stopped beating..............thanks to the gang that made the ring ceremony possible

sids concern for ridz for seeing her in tears after that...awwwwwwwwwwwwww

sid acknowledging his chudail to b beautiful...........that was dope

him admiring her in the haldi ceremony from the window..................getting confused between love and like...........soooooooooooo cuteeeeeeeeee

ican go on and on on 2days  sidhima scenes
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Agreed Abby. Sid's bg score is too cool and him going on his knees for Riddhima was kinda, well sad but lovely at the same time.

It is a big thing when a man goes on his knees for a woman - it means total surrender and complete acceptance. Sigh! All those men in literature.

pocooooooooo!!!!
Wht a day in the office!!!..today's episode made up for all the stress!!
Thank you buddy for the wonderful post!!πŸ€—i was looking fwd to reading it!!!
I liked the fact that it's not a simple registered marriage but a marriage with all the rasams and with entire family and friends!!!
My princes palace aka farmhouse was awesome,  he taking care of all the arrangmentsπŸ‘πŸΌ,must say the gang was the best today!!!
Sid has made up his mind and is all set to accept Ridhz as his life partner, his better half!! He thinking of gifting "the most beautiful woman" his granny's ring to Ridhz - this made it very clear abt his commitment!!

Ridhz was her usual - sad, heartbroken waiting to give up her life cause she had it enough, can't take any more pain. Instead of dying everyday with the pain of losing her love and having to marry a good hearted stranger, drinking in a bottle of poison seems the easiest way out!!!

Sid was forcing himself to accept Ridhz as a wife (convience himself the decision was right) and in this confusing somewhere Sid's heart strings were pulled!! Seeing Ridhz in this new light was initially awkward and he is trying his best to be his best!!

The proposal scene (i felt was a little rushed) i wished they the love thing didn't bud in so soon!! But it's not surprising from creatives and Sid as developed strange feelings for ridhz after thier ceasefire and feelings change without knowing - when like turns from "like" to "love" is really hard to say!

Strangely, i liked the precap, Ridhz will always loves Armaan and Sid is expecting a bit too much from her right now!! She knocked the much needed sense in Sid!!, i know he felt bad but it that's the bitter truth - he is marrying a woman who will never be able to love him the way she loves Armaan, and Armaan place is indispensable!

This is what draws me towards SR, Sid will eventually make his place in ridhz heart but will never replace Armaan, he will have his own, special place which no1 can take!

I have noticed it earlier, Ridhz never wanted to start any sort of relation with sid esp FRIENDSHIP!! I think the reason is her relation with Armaan started with nok johke but it was eventually friendship that brought them closer!! Secondly, she is scared, somewhere back of her mind she doesn't want to be pulled towards Sid, she is forcing herself to ignore him!! She thinks she will betray Armaan if she develops any bond / fondness with sid!!! So keeping Sid at  double arm's distance!!

gosh!! if i was in ridhz place today, i wud have forced him to slip the ring on my finger!! He was so adorable!!!!πŸ€—πŸ€—
Edited by Kai_Hiwatari - 14 years ago