Your own Library?

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Have you ever wanted to (still want to) build your own library one day?

All of us here love books and enjoy being around them. But some of us believe in buying the books while others just borrow, read, and return them.

Do you want to build your own library one day? Where only the books you like are to be found? A collection of the books that inspired you?

If yes, then have you done any planning yet? How would you arrange them? What kind of books will be there?

-Mahi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
^^ I would definitely love to! I almost never borrow books... I like to buy them so I can read them over and over :P I have about 400 books at the moment.... I'm running out of shelf space now :P

You'd be able to find practically everything in my library.... I like to read different genres and books by different authors.... I give almost every book that I buy a chance even if I don't like it much.... so yeah. that's what I'd do :)
diya_1987 thumbnail
i wud absolutely love to hav my own library πŸ˜ƒ i already hav a pretty gud collection and plan on adding more to it..... i often wish sumone wud gift me a well stocked library πŸ˜†
chhilt thumbnail
^^ But that won't be fun :P
nondescript thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
GREAT Topic Mahi!!

I would absolutely LOVE a library with my own personal desk. A sort of get away. My own sanctum..... Away from my brother and sister, who never let me read a book or study in peace!!

I prefer modern architecture and design, however within my 'modern' designed home, I would have an inbuilt library which is old fashioned library cum study with wooden flooring. You know the ones you see in like Sherlock holmes and old movies πŸ˜† I would have all my books arranged neatly. My design books neatly stacked (I am a design student) on the shelf, then all my fiction books and a neat desk with a comfortable chair which I can relax and read my books. Ooh and it has to be dimly lit with a small window.....

As for the books, I prefer having my own copies of books - I hate sharing (I am not mean I just don't like sharing my books with people who do not take care of them properly πŸ˜†). I read a variety, I am not too picky. Currently I am reading The Great Gatsby and Fitzgerald has a a great description of Jay Gatz's library πŸ˜ƒ

Haha now I better stop before I begin describing the book covers!! hehe πŸ˜†

Sigh... It was my Birthday last week and Dad asked me what I wanted ... I should have said a library hehe πŸ˜† I wish!!

Once again... Great TopicπŸ‘πŸΌ

Loads of Love Hannahxx
Edited by hannahdmg - 14 years ago
Well.......my mum has two rooms full of books......she is a complete bookworm :P and that makes our house sort of like a library.....but technically speaking...I'm not much of a book fan....I love reading books but only selective........and if I need to read a book  that neither me nor my friends have....I prefer to step into the library...... *wink*
diya_1987 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chhilt

^^ But that won't be fun :P

oh i just want books,books and more books........i dnt care how i get it πŸ˜†
chhilt thumbnail
^^ Haha.... I prefer books that I pick out myself.... half of the fun of reading a book is buying it :P
-Ami- thumbnail

I'd love to have my own library with my favorite books around! =D It'd be such a coolest thing. =P Currently, I'm sure my library wouldn't be too big. =/ But I'm sure in the future it would. =D

I just love buying my  books. That way, later on, I can go back and read it again and again whenever I want. =P

-phoenix- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
well id always wanted a library of my own.....its one of the prime agendas in my list...when i do have a house of my own.... :))

nice topic BTW Mahi :)
Edited by phoenixsilver - 14 years ago