Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Smriti and Purva happy to be part of SPA

STAR Plus' five months old show Behenein has reached its zenith by getting good reviews and feedbacks from the audiences. The show got huge response in it's first week itself. This show has given birth to three debutant actresses namely; Aalesha (Purva), Smriti (Shiju Kataria) and Ojasvi Oberoi(Anokhi). The show is now making its debut in the 10th year of STAR Parivaar Awards.

We spoke to television actress Shiju Kataria aka Smriti of Behenein is a complete contrast to all her sisters. Completely in awe of Purva, Smriti is unsure of her choices in life. Smriti debuts in STAR Parivaar celebrations this year.

How does it feel to be the part of STAR Parivaar awards?
It feels great to be a part of this parivaar, that is celebrating 10 years of association. I had never imagined that my name would be there in the nomination list. I am happy.

Are you feeling nervous?

No, I am enjoying this celebration

Which was your favourite character from SPA, over the time of 10 years?

I loved Ba Virani because for me she is one of the aspiring characters of STAR Parivaar, who is most experienced in her life.

Which is your all time favourite Jodi from SPA?
Mihir-Tulsi. I feel very lucky that my on-screen husband's name is also Mihir.

What are your expectations from SPA?
My expectations are huge since I have been nominated for the first time in SPA, so let's see who wins but I am sure my elder sister Purva will bring the SPA awards to us.

What do you like about SPA?

Here, the values of family are highlighted right from the older generation to the younger generation and everyone is respected and showered with lots of love and prais

Which is your favourite performance in SPA?

Let me think...I think it was the Khichadi star cast's performance of a play which was quite hilarious.

We also spoke to the eldest sister Purva aka Aalesha, who is the face of Behenein,about her first STAR Parivaar experience and more...

The show has recently picked up on the TRP charts. What do you have to say about the huge response from the viewers?
I am glad audiences have accepted me as Purva, not only that, they also accepted my other three lovely sisters Smriti, Aakashi and Anokhi too. I was worried in the start as how audiences will react to the show's concept but in the end we all are happy to be loved so much by audiences.

How does it feel to be a part of STAR Parivaar Awards?
It's like a dream come true. I have seen most of these STAR Parivaar awards at my place and I used to dream that one day I will be a part of this huge family and see I am here. I feel great. 

What are your expectations from SPA?
I have huge expectations since its my debut in SPA and I know one of my sisters will be a part of this year's STAR Parivaar. I am happy that I have been nominated this year and I am just hoping for the best to come.

STAR Parivaar Awards has completed its ten years journey, what do you have to say about it?
I am happy that my huge family has completed 10 years. This is most prestigious awards on television and this award means love and adulation from the fans who love us so much.

Which is your all time favourite Jodi from SPA?
It has to be Mihir-Tulsi Virani from Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. This jodi has seen lots of trials and tribulations but their love and sacrifice was inseparable.

http://www.starplus.in/spa2010/features.aspx?p=Smriti-and-Purva-happy-to-be-part-of-SPA&aid=261&Page=8
sattvik thumbnail
Feels great to be a part of SPA: Aakashi and Anokhi

STAR Plus' new strongest girl Aakashi played by Ada Khan is the third and most beautiful among all the siblings. She is proud of her beauty and feels that this can make people dance to her tunes. However, she never looks down upon her sister's in spite of the attention she gets from everyone. Extremely fussy about her diet, she follows various techniques to enhance her beauty and the mirror is her best friend.

More on SPA 2010 : Discuss here | Watch full episodes | Official Website

How does it feel to be a part of STAR Parivaar awards?

I can't imagine that I am a part of the grand success of STAR Parivaar, which I had always dreamt of. I am very happy to meet old members of STAR Parivaar like Tulsi and other members of the family.

Which was your favourite character from SPA, over the period of 10 years?

For me, it's Tulsi Virani, who was the perfect patni, bahu, maa and saas. I am hoping that that even my on-screen saas should be like Tulsi Maa.

In the show, who is your favourite co-star?

All my sisters are my favourite…

Which is your favourite all time jodi of SPA?

No doubt, it is Mihir-Tulsi Virani, made for each other.

What have you learnt from veteran actress Ketki Dave?

I have learnt a lot of things from her. She is a great actress and a good human being. It feels great to work with her.

According to you, which was your favourite performance in all the STAR Parivaar awards?

I loved Shewta Tiwar's performance and I don't remember any performance this year but she had danced perfectly.

Now it's time introduced the fourth sister Anokhi Shastri played by Ojasvi Oberoi, who is vibrant and fun loving, Anokhi is the youngest of all the sisters. She always carries a bag of wanted and unwanted things that make her a highly resourceful person. She loves anklets and keeps collecting them as she loves the sound of the anklets when she walks, dances or even moves her leg. A wonderful dancer, she shares a great rapport with Amar and also learns dance from him. Here she speaks about her debut in SPA...

This is your debut in SPA, so how does it feel?

It feels great to be a part of this grand function. I used to watch the previous awards ceremony and I used to feel that even I want to be a part of this family and see here I am.

Which was your favourite character from SPA, over the time of 10 years?

It has to be Ba Virani of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. She is a wonderful person and I like the character because of her selfless love towards her family members and her closeness to Tulsi. I used to like Baa-Tulsi relationship.

Who is your all time favourite Maa of SPA?

Tulsi Maa...

What kind of response are you getting from your wonderful character –Anokhi?

It's amazing, audiences have loved me and I am happy that now I am also known as Anokhi.

If Purva wins the award, what are you planning?

I will be very happy if my sister wins the award. We will have a party and I am confident that Purva di will be the winner because she is best sister...

With this Aakashi and Anokhi are happy that they are part of this 10 year of STAR Parivaar awards, which audience would witness this Sunday at 8 pm only on STAR Plus.

http://starplus.startv.in/news/430/feels-great-to-be-a-part-of-spa-aakashi-and-anokhi.aspx

Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media
Friday, June 11, 2010
sattvik thumbnail

Mihir talks fatherhood, award and more article!!!!

STAR Plus prime time show Behenein has reached its zenith by receiving good reviews from the audiences as well as at the 10th STAR Parivaar awards. Mihir feels great to win his first award of Best Beta and also about soon becoming a father for the second time'

We spoke to Mihir about the show's success and more, he said,  "Yes I am happy that show is being loved and appreciated by the audiences. I am also happy that I got my first award at STAR Parivaar. It feels great that finally my work is recognized by my fans and jury members. Also, I enjoyed my new hosting skills with Ronit Roy as we both shared the onscreen name 'Mihir'. I would love to do it again if I get an offer."

Further about the second good news he told us that "Yes off-screen, I am eager to enjoy my father hood very soon and I think God is very kind that through this show I am able to hold Prem, who at that time was just 18 days old, I can feed him and also bathe him, so now I am waiting for my (Sudeep) real son to be in my hand as Anantika and I are expecting the baby to arrive by August."

Anantika and Sudeep were last seen together in Nach Baliye Season 4.

Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media
Friday, June 18, 2010

http://starplus.startv.in/news/459/mihir-talks-fatherhood,-awards-and-more.aspx
sattvik thumbnail

Shiju Kataria

As per the recent developments in 'Behenein' , Smriti, essayed by Shiju Kataria has been shown dead with all the formalities after death having been taken care of.  Her track has ended in the show for now as well. So our girl is free to take up other assignments and has decided to  play a cameo in Sony's TV 'Aahat'.  It will be as a ghost, no less!

A source reveals, "As Shiju Kataria's role in 'Behenein' comes to an end, she could take up 'Aahat', discussions for which had been going on for some time now. She could only manage to accept the offer after her role in 'Behenein' came to an end."

We contacted Shiju who says confirming the news, "Yes, I have a break from 'Behenein' and have the time to take up something else. So I accepted 'Aahat'.

Tell us something about your role in 'Aahat'? "I am essaying the role of a girl who gets trapped by a ghost as she goes in search of her boy friend.  The friend is seen playing a video game. It's about the video game, which sucks the person into it. I will be doing a dual role as the ghost in the show will also be me."

So how was your experience? "It was great as I had to do some stunts, all tied up and hanging upside down, flying in the air. It was great altogether." concludes Shiju.

Well that's really a good role for you. After all you have just died in 'Behenein' and will now be seen as a ghost in Aahat!  All the best!

--Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com
sattvik thumbnail

Star Plus

443 GRPs! That's a number you usually associate with a channel that airs a cricketing extravaganza like the 'Indian Premier League' or the cricket world cup. However, this staggering number belongs to Star Plus that has extended its supremacy over other channels.  Colors stands a distant second with 271 GRPS, followed by Zee TV (231) and Sony (125), according to the TAM data week 25 (June 13-19).

The 443 GRPs is the highest by a Hindi GEC in the last 159 weeks. The previous record was held by the same channel too.

Leading the way for Star Plus is surprisingly, not any show but the tenth 'Star Parivaar Awards' that garnered a TVR of 7.18 to emerge as the top rated programme. The Saturday special episode of 'Bidaai', where Sadhna (Sara Khan) dies got a TVR of 5.78. 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' clocked a TVR OF 5.69. Balaji's new show 'Taryay Liyay' got an impressive TVR of 3.96 in its opening week. 'Sasural Genda Phool' (3.1), Behenein (3.1), 'Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai' (2.3), 'Saathiya' (1.8), 'Zara Nachke Dikha' (2.5) and 'Sabki Laadli Bebo' (1.0) all played their part in boosting the channel.

As opposed to Star Plus, Colors and Zee TV observe a drop in the ratings of most if it's shows. 'Balika Vadhu' (5.42) is the only Colors show to feature in the top 10 bracket. Shows like 'Uttaran', 'Na aana is des laado', 'Laagi Tuhjse', all witnessed a drop in their average TVR. For Zee TV, 'Pavitra Rishta' was once again the number one fiction show with a TVR of 5.99. However, its other shows such as 'Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo', 'Jhansi Ki Rani', and 'Yahan Mein Ghar Ghar Kheli', 'Chhoti Bahu' got an average TVR of 3.6, 3.4, 3.0 and 2.3 respectively. 'Dance India Dance' continues to be the top rated non -fiction show with a peak TVR of 3.57.

--Mayur Lookhar/ TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/595-star-plus-zooms-ahead-with-443-grps.html
sattvik thumbnail

Shiju Kataria

Star Plus' 'Behenein' showed Smriti (Shiju Kataria) dead when her bus met with an accident enroute to Kolkata. All the family members thought that she was dead too. But how can a lead character leave the show early? Thus the girl is all set to make an entry again.

A source says, "Smriti was shown dead in the show and will make her come back but in a different avatar and as a different personality. She will be shown suffering from amnesia (memory loss).  She will live in her own world and will also get to meet her new love interest in the show. The casting of the guy is still in process. Smriti is about to enter the show in the first week of June. Her story will progress differently and she won't come face to face with the family for some time."

We tried contacting Shiju who plays Smriti. She said, "I don't have any idea about my come back and can't comment on it as I am concentrating on my new work now."

Well that's what a daily soap is all about. You never know what can happen here!

-- Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com
sattvik thumbnail

Adaa Khan

Adaa Khan a.k.a Akashi of Star Plus' 'Behenein' is very happy to have a role which includes an action scene every day. However, she meets with an accident at least once a day on the sets because of such scenes. She is, in fact, happy about it instead of being down.

In a recent chit chat she says, "I have lots of fun on the sets as I get hit every day on the sets, courtesy the action scenes between me and Shamaldas (Manoj Mishra).  I keep falling down during the shoots and get hurt every now and then. The relationship between me and Shamaldas in the show is such that we keep on trying to get better of each other or simply try to kill off our opponent. Therefore its action time for us both. Although the action maybe painful at times, I am happy because the audience feels that it is for real."

So did you come across any dangerous incident while shooting?  "Yes, recently the shot was ready and I had a scene where I fall off a chair and Shamaldas catches me. And the scene turned out to be real as I was totally unaware about my fall and Manoj really caught me at the last moment. I could have been badly injured otherwise. But the shot went on and I continued with my acting. But I got really scared for a moment because normally I am aware of my scenes but it completely slipped from my mind that day." signs off Adaa.

Well, you will not learn how to ride a cycle Adaa unless you fall. So it's good that you enjoy falling!

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Why Shiju Has Those Marks On Her Face?
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Friday, 23 July 2010 14:49
0diggsdigg

vote
nowBuzz up!

Shiju Kataria, fondly known as Smriti of 'Behenein', whose character is now revamping for her entry as she was once shown dead in the show and thus now the production is planning to bring her back with new look and new persona all together. But audience must have noticed that the girl had a mark on her forehead, which is quit prominent and could be seen easily when noticed. Thus, we contacted her and she clears the reason why the mark is so prominent and also said that it is her birthday gift. Birthday Gift? Seems amusing.

"I was about 6 years old and it was my birthday, and we have mud pots all over our place and as it was birthday I was on cloud nine and was roaming with full excitement and in that happiness I didn't saw the pot lying down and I got slipped and my forehead dashed on that pot, then and there I fainted", says Shiju.

It was really very bad birthday gift for you which is still with you so prominently. Adding to it she further said, "Apart from my forehead I got some scratches on my face and my dad, who was wearing a white Kurta and Paijama, lifted me and admitted me to the hospital. All his white attire turned red with blood. I almost got 8 to 9 stitches on my forehead. And even now I get problem with that mark as my make up man also works hard on my mark to make it lighter with the make up but even after applying make up on it, it is very prominent on me".

So have you never thought of doing any surgery on it? "No, actually my friends and all still advice me to do a surgery on that but my mom is against it as she says that let it be how it is, it's a natural mark and we don't have to do anything with it."

Really Shiju, what a birthday gift you have received!

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/828-why-shiju-has-those-marks-on-her-face.html
rose_e thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Ajay Singh Choudhary - Anurag Basu

Kites director Anurag Basu who earlier used to direct television shows among all his shows the most famous show was Love Story on Sab TV,in which he launched two faces-Mishal Raheja and Ajay Singh Choudhary.He became very close to Anurag Basu,that he came back on television weekend horror show –Horror Nights.Both are very fond of each other as Anurag Basu calls him Dev while Ajay call him as Dada.

Ajay says, "I like his spirit and also as director and as person he gives chance to grow through acting. I will work for him without thinking twice. His advise has always being inspirational. Dada don't forget me.."

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Telly-actors-and-their-mentors&aid=1953

rose_e thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Love is blossoming between Purva and Mihir

STAR Plus' prime time show Behenein is getting interesting with the Purva-Mihir love story. According to the current track, they have realised that they are attracted towards each other and are slowly falling in love.

Mihir agreed that there was something brewing. "We are slowly developing feelings towards each other. It's not that I hated Purva earlier, but I couldn't accept the fact that Smriti left Prem and me. I have always liked Purva as a person and I respect her values. My respect for her grew when she saved Shalaka from Anish."

We asked him about the rumour that Smriti was returning to the show to which he said "I don't know about that, but I am right now happy with Purva and have moved on with my life. We will soon confess our love for each other," he added.

As per the track, Gomti Chachi has a heart attack as she was unable to accept the truth about Aakshi leaving the house. Meanwhile Mehraman and Rashmi go on a pilgrimage after marriage. 

So don't forget to watch Behenein every Monday to Friday at 8.30 pm only on STAR Plus.

http://starplus.startv.in/news/588/love-is-blossoming-between-purva-and-mihir.aspx