lady vamps-check,think talk-check,cam flash-check

Arya311 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
So I haven't really seen any so called Indian BT soaps ever in my whole entire life....

But judging from what i hear from maza, tina, Jhan, Rach and all......these "BT" or so soaps have certain characteristics that make them the "soaps", right?! even General Hospital or One life to Live or All my children have certain characteristics that make them "soaps" and not "shows".....correct?

So recently this new "gharelu" track has been introduced in my one and only indian show aka LNMDJ...

here is the checklist that shows that this "show" is slowly....but swiftly heading towards becoming a "soap" according to "soapy" characteristics it has garnered since the commencement of 2010.....

1. Usually soaps have antagonists in the role of vamps.....female vamps. There are male antagonists but they dance to the tunes of the female vamps. I know of American soaps having more female vamps as well...and as my above mentioned buddies have enlightened me, i'm guessing Indian soaps do have majority of women villains, right?

So does LNMDJ satisfy this requirement--------CHECK!
Mausi and Rani are the new antagonists now!

2. Most often the women vamps are shown thinking out loud about what evil plans they have  and such. You know the usual keeping the straight face and think-talking about how they will "ruin" their lives and such.
Does LNMDJ satisfy this-------Yes! Check!
Yesterday we saw ...errrr and heard mausi's evil think aloud plans to "cut" the parsπŸ˜• of the sisters (what are pars?) o well...and we also saw rani think talk regarding obtaining her "woh"🀣

3. Once upon a summer...umm no actually winter 3 years ago on my trip to IndiaπŸ˜ƒ, i happen to catch some "soap" running on the tv one afternoon after a long day shopping....there I noticed the "camera flashes" whenever the villain...uhhhh the female villain said something about doing something to the poor lil good peeps, teh camera FLASHED and then beats.....then flashes...then beats...then flashes...then round and round ....ongoing beats....again on going flashes and merry go round......felt like i was a hampster on the lil hampster ferris wheel.....aaaahhhh getting dizzy......nauseated.....aaarrrrghhhhh........then the camera takes a halt at the evil close up of the vamp and dun dun dun duuuuuunnnnn the show ends after the last 5 to 10 minutes of flashes and nauseating round and rounds!

again the question---what about LNMDJ----- CHECK!

why so---- well quite so! you see yesterday we saw the cameraman taking baby steps to the hot flashes and nauseated rounderness by flashing....YEAH..flashing the camera not once but TWICE on the mausi at the end....and the "vamp-y" beats creeping in the background....Dun dun dun Duuhhhhhhhhh....
Also they froze the camera on her face....real close up ....instead of on Prida ....ughhhhh

Sooner than we could ever think....we will see th actual full blown camera merry go round play on here....and all of us will be the hampsters on the ferris wheel each time the show ends....for the last 5 minutes that would seem like 500 minutes!

4. Another typical charateristic of a "soap" that is not in a "show" is that they tend to waste time in showing or focusing majorly on the "antagonist's" dayabouts or nightabouts or their stuff.....but somehow tend to ignore or take off their lens off of the "protagonists" and their activities! they are merely shown when the antagonists are present in person with them or have been listening to the whole thing behind a glass door and forcibly have us hear their "think talks" about more evil plans!  and we go----Oh please Stop now, will ya!!?!@?!

What about LNMDJ------- getting to it...slowly....as we see we see the "outsiders" more often than the "insiders" in the GM! and we already see Rani break all rules of modesty (not that we didn't know she had any ...) and creepign behind glass door and listening to a husband and wife's private conversation. How very rude!
Inder never had to do so! He had a class.....he wasn't think talking....he was mirror talking that too in HIS house...not in others house! there was no camera spinning or flashes for Inder....why no pompous villainizing effects for our late Gigantor villain...but all the gaga and gugu for the women villains?

5. Lastly, the villains of the soaps are mostly relatives or someone from the house who is secretly back stabbing the lovely protagonists by mostly wanting to "separate" them from one another by their scheming "think talk" plans, am i not right?
Whereas in most shows, it is indeed an outsider who wants to harm the "whole" an not the "parts"...that was I call a "real" antagonist...who fights face to face without any think talks and is also not a free loader like these soap villains who live and eat in the house that they punch holes in!

LNMDJ? Check!...hell yeah! this woman who is supposedly the brothers' real maasi, is indeed intent upon destroying their lives by "cutting the pars" of their wives! she acts all sufgary good to the sisters and think talks of destroying them......Now does she not qualify as a back stabber? Hell yeah she sure does! she is punching holes in the same house she has the "priviledge" of ever staying in her whole entire life!
Rani is intent upon grabbing hold of her "woh"🀣  even if that means her becoming a carpenter and cutting the leg of a wooden chair with a freaking kitchen knife!  and i thought inder had no brains.....well it turns out that inder had no brai but had big old ganglion!

6. Alrighty, i know you all are bored and want to throw pigeons on me......but one last one ... i promise!
Usually soaps have the side kick "male" villain thirsty behind money , money and only money! so much so that he only joins the gang to get money....he is like the go-digger...the chaperon......the shauffer for the "royal" women villains.......

Last time....LNMDJ? CHECK!

Munna tuna.....the moment he stepped in to the GM, has had his eyes on Damini just because she is pretty......it's because she has the green that he so does not! he wants the money.....that's seems to be his "main" goal if he even knows how to make one! He is a sidekick villain.....the main ones being the women he brought along!

So there! Our Favorite Show is slowly and swiftly morphing in to "Soap"....

I'll be more than happy if someone can deny my propositions above and tell me that--- "krupsie, your observartions are completely wrong. the show still is a show and not a soap! and so shut up about these stupid observations of it turning in to a soap! caz it ain't!"

Your views?

P.S. No offence intended to anyone or anything!

Sorry if I bored you to death πŸ˜†

Edited by krupur1103 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rach. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Awesome post krupsie pie!

Ok, Dhun dhun dhun....yes this is the music which starts playing at the arrival of our very own vamps to the crime scene!

She plays 'Rajbala' in the serial ' Mitwa- Phool Kamal Ke '. Bright colours with outdated jewellery and matching bindis are her favourite! She thinks she can win any man by her killer looks!

Her favourite gesture : Rubbing her nose !

Her favourite colour : Yellow

Her favourite dialogue : ' Uii maa! '

2)  

She is the most favourite villain on star plus. She used to play ' Renuka ' on Kumkum! Her colours were deep red and dark pink or shiny cream! Whatever she wore she made sure she had bright silver jewellery to ' glorify ' her beauty!

Her favourite gesture :  Running her index finger through a strand of hair !

Her Favourite dialogue : ' BADLA '  πŸ˜†  πŸ˜†

3)

Her name is Manjula Nanavati and she features in the afternoon soap ' Hamari Devrani '
She is our favourite villain at the afternoon prime time band !  Her favourite is dull coloured sarees with exquisite heavy borders. She usually wears oxidised jewellery topped with dark coloured huge bindis. Her character uses the 70's eyemakeup i.e dark black mascara to highlight the tyranny in her eyes! 🀒

Her favourite gesture : ' On the spot garba'...Yes, she plays on the spot garba with her other 4 co-sisters when they succeed in pulling down the protagonist !

Her favourite line : Manjula Nanavati ky cheez hai !

4)

She played ' Sindoora ' in the serial ' Banoo main teri dulhann'. She wore sarees which had deep shades but were extremely beautiful! Her bindi fixation was the highlight of her appearance and wore long chains which matched the colour of her saree! She too was high on eye makeup!

Favourite dialogue & gesture : cant comment brcause i never watched this serial !

5)

She played ' komolika ' in the serial kasauti zindagi kay...a kekta mayee serial !
She was the best vamp in television so far. People really loved to hate her !

The best part about her apperance is that she never stuck to 1 hairstyle. The pic above was taken when she was playing the role of a grandmother ! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Her favourite gesture : Rubbing of the nose....or tilting of her head sideways!

Her favourite background score : ' Nikaaaaa....nika'

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT....DO LET ME KNOW KRUPSIE!!

Edited by rachel.fds - 14 years ago
liv2laugh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Krupsie baby - Awesome post

First things first - par means feathers. πŸ˜ƒWhen she says" par kaat doongi", she is talking about clipping their wings 😑 GRRRR Mausi I hope you get your wings soon and land up keeping the devil company after all you are his protegee. 😑

Word on everything you said - my first encounter with a BT soap was when I went to India 5 years ago - something called "Kasauti Zindagi something". They tried to explain the story to me - but everyone seemed to be married to someone who had been married and divorced from someone else πŸ˜• who was now married to this other person who was once married to this πŸ˜•  ........ you get the drift πŸ˜•....... they had my attention for about 30 seconds. I said please stop - my head hurts..... I told my realtives that they should watch it and not worry about me being bored ...... I locked myself in a room with a good book and headphones πŸ˜†

I agree that all the signs are in LNMDJ but I think it will get better. We are there for each other na - this will pass and we will have our LNMDJ back πŸ˜ƒ

This is the darkest part of the night (i hope πŸ˜•) please tell me this is the darkest it is going to get πŸ˜•
OK no matter how dark it gets we will stick together and hug each other and make it better. πŸ€—

Here are some hugs πŸ€—Edited by liv2laugh - 14 years ago
Arya311 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
thanks rach! at least i got one person who got me......hahahahahah...i was wondering no one got what i wrote above....eheheheheh

will be waiting for your reply!πŸ˜‰ with caps! woooh hooooooπŸ˜†

@Jhaaan.....awwwww πŸ€— thanks!

Wow so many marriages and divorces! wooohooo! the one i saw and remember faintly has numerous kids from 2 or so dads......it seemed indian version of Jon and kate plus 8! hahahahahha but a soap version not reality show....lol

Oh par means feathers......WTH!? o well......Devil wears prada....nope here The Devil wears Saari!

yeah this will pass by swiftly....i mean the "soap" phase and then we will get the "show" back!πŸ˜†
Edited by krupur1103 - 14 years ago
Mru_bee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Congratulations Krupsie....πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

You have passed the BT shows test with flying colors... hahahhaha

The essay was really exhaustive...hahaha.

-- Mru
carie thumbnail
@What about LNMDJ------- getting to it...slowly....as we see we see the "outsiders" more often than the "insiders" in the GM! and we already see Rani break all rules of modesty (not that we didn't know she had any ...) and creepign behind glass door and listening to a husband and wife's private conversation. How very rude!
Inder never had to do so! He had a class.....he wasn't think talking....he was mirror talking that too in HIS house...not in others house! there was no camera spinning or flashes for Inder....why no pompous villainizing effects for our late Gigantor villain...but all the gaga and gugu for the women villains?

ohhhhh i miss luiiiiiiiiii😭😭😭he is such a charming,decent and perfect villian.i miss him sooo much.arghhhhhhhh i should hav joined his club.......
agree completely with you krupz LNMDJ SHOW is becoming a lnmdj  SOAP😲
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I don't know about the majority, but IMO this track is exceedingly perverse. The entire foundation of this gharelu track makes my stomach revolt at having SUCH relatives:

1) What kind of an aunt thinks of clipping the wings of her nephews wives?
2) Rani is Sameer's cousin sister and he is going to become a Dad. What sister thinks of her brother in "those" terms, so much so as to break his marriage? Ewwwwww .... it is not only disgusting but also morally wrong.
3) Munna ... this is probably the ONLY one I can relate to. A jealous cousin brother greedily eying his cousin's good fortune (both money-wise and spouse-wise)

But Aunt and Rani are sheer pathetic. They are a perfect blend of greed and meaness. Their sole purpose in life to ruin the happiness of their so-called relations. Bhagwan bachaye aise relatives se .... brrr... this is way scary than any scary movie!
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 14 years ago
Effervescent_R thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ya krupz!! The show has been unfortunately converted into a saas-bahu show!!

Rach. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Krups i have updated the post!

Viduu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Cool post...

totally BT style.. married people r always in demand.. ..... you have people eyeing them left rht n center..........

Love ne seems to be following the trend too.... the tunna... eyeing Damz and the chamak challo chilli trying her hands on Sameer........ even after knowing that they r married........ no one seems to be behind the so called single Varun ..... πŸ˜• πŸ˜•