Article - 'positive feedback'

-phoenix- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Pratigya - lead actor talks about response to the show

Man Ki Awaaz –Pratigya is just a few weeks old and it has captured the hearts of women and girls from every corner of the country. This show deals with eve teasing which is still prominent in the country especially in the Northern states of India.

We just look at the show's performance in the past few weeks of its commencement.

It starts with Pratigya, the lead protagonist, travelling with her group of friends by train from Lucknow to Allahabad. A bunch of paan- chewing hooligans led by this guy called Angad tries to act fresh with them until Pratigya tries to stop them. To spite her, Angad touches her and she lands him a stinging slap. This insult of Angad results in his trying to teach a lesson to Pratigya.

At home, she has a doting mother, an irritating younger sister, an older brother who seems to be involved with something shady and a nagging grandmother who believes that boys should be treated like princes while girls should not be pampered too much.

The first episode showed promise, despite Pratigya's (Pooja Gaur) insipid presence and average acting. Every one must have felt that the makers were going to take a tough stand on eve-teasing by episode three, one knew it wasn't going anywhere.

However, surprisingly the show has reached 4th place in the race of TRP on Star Plus. About the feedback, we spoke with lead actor Pooja Gaur aka Pratigya

"So far I am getting positive responses from every where especially college going girls and women are appreciating our hard-work. Even my facebook account is full of positive comments and this has really encouraged me a lot so I think the issue of eve-teasing is working for us in a positive manner."

link -- http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/December/News_20091223_115

sorry if posted before....can close topic if posted before....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Fatima- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thanks alot for sharing
minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks!!!! Pratigya is doing GREAT!!! The show is rocking.. and i think the cast also has something to do with high TRPs.. Such as Krishna our main lead, he has so many fans already!!!!
mentallycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I know, krishna (Arhaan Behl) he was just a day ago at the end of the indiaforums celebrity like 99something list and suddenly today he is like 132 on the second page. 🥳 Time to celebrate, his fans are lining up already woooohoooo⭐️
ImmaculateDream thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
sshow is working for me .... idont care abt the damn business trps or wotever.... it has shown some aspects, which are undeniable...apart from that..the addiion of a love story is a smart move by the makers, only if its dealt properly.(so far is going gr8)..otherwise show kam documentery zyaada lagta.... 😆 these media ppl are alwys on aroll 😆....
ROBlicious. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thankyouuuuuuu For Sharing
thanx a tonn 4 sharing!!!
dis show is really going awesum!!
i luv it...just really luv it!!