DOTW - LOVE ya LUST - which is it?

AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

All Shamoli has experienced since coming to Mumbai is de Lust/Hawas of men including Veer's very stark kiss and the humilating way he threw money at her.  Now Kunal too is fantazing about her...he sayz its love.. and so does Veeru.  But wat u the Viewer think and why?

1. Is Veeru in love or in lust with Shamoli? Why do u think its one or the other?

2. Is Kunal in love ya lust with Shamoli? What makes u think its one or the other?

3. Wat about Shamoli and Kanchaan are either truly in love with Veeru?  Or are they in lust/infatuated wit him? 

4. Wat about Lekha - wat do u think she feels for Kunal - love, lust, or something else?

5. And where is the border btwn love n lust?  Is love not just a pretty way of justifying lust?  Or is it more?  If so wat makes it more?

6.  And is decision making based on Lust any less justified in a "free-choice" society then Love? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Good Topic.

Veeru and Kunal both are only attracted to Shamoli's body.As far as I have seen they  only stare at Shamoli's body.If Veeru was truly in love then he would not have kissed Shamoli without her permission.He is only interested in kissing.And Kanchan has an infatuation towards Veeru.Shamoli is interested only on money and sex so is Lekha.None of them have experienced the taste of love and will never because they are not worthy of that feelings.Love is not so easy.You have to cross many trials and many difficulties  to reach the place called love.
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
1. Is Veeru in love or in lust with Shamoli? Why do u think its one or the other?pata nahi yaar, aajtak i have nightmare of the kiss episode😆

2. Is Kunal in love ya lust with Shamoli? What makes u think its one or the other?- well yaha bhi pata nahi😕

3. Wat about Shamoli and Kanchaan are either truly in love with Veeru?  Or are they in lust/infatuated wit him?hmm from the girl's side, i think it should be love....but yet there is a *confusion* 

4. Wat about Lekha - wat do u think she feels for Kunal - love, lust, or something else? lekha ne dekha kunal ka dher saraa paisa...nothing else😡😆

5. And where is the border btwn love n lust?  Is love not just a pretty way of justifying lust?  Or is it more?  If so wat makes it more? love aur lust ka border line bohot bada hota hai, i feel....love is entirely done by heart without expecting anything...but lust, its expects and gives coz it expects more....

6.  And is decision making based on Lust any less justified in a "free-choice" society then Love? well, pyar k khud ki umar choti hoti hai, lust is so cheap and small that uski umar kabhie bhi jyada nahi hoti...

anjana, i love ur questions yaar...happy discussing and answering
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
1. Is Veeru in love or in lust with Shamoli? Why do u think its one or the other?

what Veeru is feeling for Shamoli is absolutely lust not love, I mean come on how can that be love? he does not even know her mother's name not to talk abt where she came from what she like and dislike, he only know her and her sisters has beautiful beggar whom he happen to helps out in their time of needs and now like everyone of those men she has met since coming to Mumbai Veeru too is just like everyone of dem. 

2. Is Kunal in love ya lust with Shamoli? What makes u think its one or the other?

Kunal is absolutely in love with Shamoli and what he is feeling for her is true love not lust why because he never look at her or anybody who had come to work for him in past befor the way he has started looking and feel for her noe cos none of dem try to work their way into his heart like Shamoli has done for or to Kunal, like caring for him make him do the right thing for himself with her words, turn him from a coffee man to cry for tea baby, from I hate flowers to loving flowers, all this little little things she has and still doing for him is what made him fall for her and all this is something which Shamoli has never try to do for Veeru.

3. Wat about Shamoli and Kanchaan are either truly in love with Veeru?  Or are they in lust/infatuated wit him?

yes Kanchan is truly in love with Veeru for every little thing I had said Shamoli has done for Kunal even Kanchan something similar for Veeru and she love doing it and will even love to do more for him.

Shamoli is not in love with Veeru she is only in love with the idea of being married and we all know that out of all of those men whom had wanted her body in the past only Veeru has offered her marriage befor her body.

4. Wat about Lekha - wat do u think she feels for Kunal - love, lust, or something else?

she neither love or have any lust for him she just want his money because she is only into men with money and power that's all.
tuma thumbnail

Originally posted by: _angel_

what Veeru is feeling for Shamoli is absolutely lust not love, I mean come on how can that be love? he does not even know her mother's name not to talk abt where she came from what she like and dislike, he only know her and her sisters has beautiful beggar whom he happen to helps out in their time of needs and now like everyone of those men she has met since coming to Mumbai Veeru too is just like everyone of dem. 

Kunal is absolutely in love with Shamoli and what he is feeling for her is true love not lust why because he never look at her or anybody who had come to work for him in past befor the way he has started looking and feel for her noe cos none of dem try to work their way into his heart like Shamoli has done for or to Kunal, like caring for him make him do the right thing for himself with her words, turn him from a coffee man to cry for tea baby, from I hate flowers to loving flowers, all this little little things she has and still doing for him is what made him fall for her and all this is something which Shamoli has never try to do for Veeru.

yes Kanchan is truly in love with Veeru for every little thing I had said Shamoli has done for Kunal even Kanchan something similar for Veeru and she love doing it and will even love to do more for him.

Shamoli is not in love with Veeru she is only in love with the idea of being married and we all know that out of all of those men whom had wanted her body in the past only Veeru has offered her marriage befor her body.

she neither love or have any lust for him she just want his money because she is only into men with money and power that's all.

I agree with you angel especially on No.2
ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Hey i really like your topic...i think that Kunal seriously loves Shamoli but Veeru just has an attraction for her..as for kanchan i think she truly loves veeru..you can see it in her eyes but shamoli doesnt love him...remember in the beginning of the show she said that she only lives for money.?
Lekha's feelings are purely lust and only wants to marry kunal because of his money.....
Desi_Girl1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1994

Hey i really like your topic...i think that Kunal seriously loves Shamoli but Veeru just has an attraction for her..as for kanchan i think she truly loves veeru..you can see it in her eyes but shamoli doesnt love him...remember in the beginning of the show she said that she only lives for money.?

Lekha's feelings are purely lust and only wants to marry kunal because of his money.....

I like this topic because I think it's the "main point" of this whole show.  I totally agree with you.  Veer just lusts Shamoli but doensn't love her.  Shamoli wants to get married but does't love Veer.  Kunal loves her to death cuz he wants to be with her.  She changed his views about class between people and made him love people, not their class and he agreed with his brother's son with that poor girl right?  even though he hates to interact with poor people.  Kanchan loves Veer, she does everything for him from making tea to washing his laundry.  she takes care of him. 
rudeMRindia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjanaToronto

Nice topic

All Shamoli has experienced since coming to Mumbai is de Lust/Hawas of men including Veer's very stark kiss and the humilating way he threw money at her.  Now Kunal too is fantazing about her...he sayz its love.. and so does Veeru.  But wat u the Viewer think and why?

Veeru is Garam khoon  and Shamoli is beautiful any young guy will fall for her ....i can see infatuation and bit of possessiveness ...he thinks its love but its is not love its just infatuation and he will realize it when he actually will fall in love with Kanchan sooner or later

Kunal is person who want love....he has all the comforts and what he misses is true love....and the way Shamoli cares for him he is slowly falling for her....i can see its mixture of lust and love.

Shamoli likes Veeru cause he is simple and caring ...he is the first men who cares for her so she likes him and thinks its love but will soon relise iits just respect that she has for him cause he is a good fellow.....so aging its infatuation cum respect

Kanchaan loves Veeru ...and its toatally one sided for his goodness and blah blah....but yeah she loves him sach mein

Lekha was one time in love witha ayoung hadsome dude....who at that point of the time was a looser and yeahh women dont fall for loosers.....and now she want him cause the looser is not any more a looser and  she wants to marry him for financial security...and cause he was one time in love with her she think she will also be emotionally secured

Edited by luv_guru - 14 years ago
anitaksuresh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
 A fabulous topic to discuss on Anjana, thnks:

I think its lust which he thinks is love and hence has put forward it as a marraige proposal.. considering his character till now has been shown as a very shallow character who does things for people very spontaneously without thinking too much deeply on issues.. but at the same time comes out as a person who wants to help others.( so doesnot waste time on thinking about the deeper meaning of love)

Kunal is truly in love with Shamoli, is a matured individual who has experienced love before and was heart broken due to Lekha ditching him for money. He is at the same time a go getter and sees Shamoli as one like him too( a fighter to the core no matter what comes in the way of life) guess this has made him connect to Shamoli and fall for her..Thts why I feel at times it might be lust too.... oh! confused ya!!!!

Shamoli is attracted to Veeru but Kanchan is truly in love with Veeru.. 
Kanchan gets gr8 satisfaction in doing all the little things for Veeru without expecting anything back from him. She is also able to sacrifice her love for him since she knows what makes him happy and puts forward that first before her own feelings.. I think thts what love makes us do.. Wre want to see the person whom we love to be happy finally without expecting anything back from them.. 

Lekha wants to be married to Kunal who is rich and has money and power. So its not love nor lust...

5. And where is the border btwn love n lust?  Is love not just a pretty way of justifying lust?  Or is it more?  If so wat makes it more?
Love is a feeling I think more connected to our souls from within. So its eternal. Its pure.. Its selfless.so that makes it more..
Lust is a momentary need..its short lived..
Love and lust cannot go together according to me so there is no question of border becos they are 2 different feelings..

6.  And is decision making based on Lust any less justified in a "free-choice" society then Love? 
I would like to reserve my comments on this becos every individual has his/ her own right to choose what they think is right!!
Somya_2200 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Has Moli lost her senses😡😵🤔.... her rant against coca cola was so unjust😕😡.... the guy maalik offers the maid marriage not a one night standshe thinks he's lusting after her abt wht her not existent charms😳.. the guy offers her a respectable situation like marriage n a long time commitment 🤓😡😡inspite of her social standing standing n lack of education or to leave him alone n his house👍🏼.. here is a guy like veeru who always jumps to conclusion n thinks worst of her even in bit instigation😡🥱, she trusts that guy n wants to marry him😳....veeru's more into lusting abt her than kunal which i think has deep feelings for her n is love👍🏼...