Frequent Posters

Vandu4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Manish's Wedding

22nd October, 2002.

Arawali gardens, Delhi.

Poonam Narula.

Poonam wore a red coloured lehenga and I wore a sherwani.

Love.

6 months.

It is a square shaped diamond on a gold band.

Loyalty and integrity.

The whole wedding was expensive.

It was a traditional Hindu ceremony.

We had our pheras at three in the night as the baarat reached only at midnight due to which the wedding got over at 5.30 in the morning. On reaching home we just fell on bed and dozed off.

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Bollywood calling

Tilak wants to quit TV, to act in films

Manish Goel

Subhash K Jha

Many TV actors before him, including Amarr Upadhyay and Parmeet Sethi, have failed. Will Manish Goel who shot to renewed fame with his appearance on Nach Baliye, make the grade?

?I'm ready to make the leap from television to cinema. I'm aware that other TV stars have fallen flat on their faces in the film industry. But I'm ready to take the risk. This is the year that will decide my fate, once and for all,? says Manish.

Manish  plans to cut himself off from television after his current serial is  over. ?The afternoon soap Bhabhi has  made me  a  household name,? he says. ?I'm known more by my character's name, Tilak, than my own name. I realise that going back to being Manish from Tilak in the public mind won't be easy.  After Bhabhi is done, I plan to take a long break, change   my  look  completely and then come back to work in films.?

Will Manish succeed where  his colleagues have repeatedly failed? ?I don't know. I'm praying that I can prove  the cynics wrong,? he replies. ?Nach Baliye has given  me renewed self-confidence. I wonder if I can use that confidence to go to another level in my career. I guess there's nothing more I can do on television. I don't want to stagnate. The decision will have to be made this year. I'm 30 years old, so my film career either starts now? or never.?

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;am p;articleid=3112006214255463112006214149656

Vandu4ever thumbnail

" I want to break free?"

The grass is always greener on the other side.

This adage seems to hold water in the case of our telly stars. In spite of the idiot box throwing innumerable opportunities to the fanciers of this profession, it is eventually the big screen they aspire for.

Let's catch up with some actors who have the reputation of making a grand entry in serials and then make a silent retreat in search of better opportunity...

"I am game for TV if something enticing comes across."

Arjun Punjj: After a disappointing launch in movies with Tere Liye, Arjun Punjj found his true calling in television. He gained public appreciation as Dr. Aman in Sanjeevani and seemed to enjoy it. But the big screen bug bit him again and he tried his luck in a C grade skin flick, Time Pass (it flopped miserably!). But destiny favoured him and he clicked with Woh Rehne Wali Mahalon Ki. The status quo is that Arjun Punjj is once again quitting Woh?, and probably television too. The reason being; a generation leap. "I will be approaching film producers for roles but am game for TV if something enticing comes across," clarifies Arjun.

Diplomatic huh, Arjun!

"I'm very keen to anchor shows and even do cameos"

Mannish Goel:He is still etched in public memory as Tilak of Bhabhi, Mannish had once made a captivating impact on the fairer sex. But it seems that he has gone into a sabbatical phase after Nach Baliye. He declined Viraasat- was committed to Nach Baliye, Pyar ke Do Naam? and Ankhiyo ke Jharoko Se - financial differences and Rishton Ke Dor - the time slot clashed with Bhabhi. But Manish has his game plan set, "I'm very keen to anchor shows and even do cameos. I also intend to walk the ramp and am toning my physique accordingly. Penning a script for a new serial is also on the cards." But he doesn't deny categorically that he is 'hoping' for a movie launch. Remember the final episodes of Nach Baliye where Manish publicly announced that he is looking forward to a Bollywood debut!

"I am an actor who is not bound by any medium."

Amit Sadh: He came into spot light with Star One's Guns and Roses. After a worthwhile stint in Nach Baliye with fiancNeeru, it has been long-time-no-see for Amit. "I am an actor who is not bound by any medium. Hence I don't need the foothold of any serial to speak about my career", says Amit, who is ill-famed for shooting from the hip. The latest buzz is that this love struck couple is busy these days with a new play, Pussycat and the Owl. One never knows, one fine day we would hear a movie announced with Amit!

Will these actors will be successful at switching gears? Only time can tell. We wish them luck!

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Dad's say on father's day

They learnt how to walk and talk, they even learnt to be the men they are from their fathers, and now they are fathers themselves. Know what these new fathers have to say about their old man!

The moment you realise that your father is right, you have a son who says you are wrong... this is the bond that grows with just a special glance, here are some young television star fathers speaking about their experience with and as fathers.

Yash Tonk
Yash Tonk, came to be popular in the tinsel town in STAR Plus's show Kesar as Harman. Yash's prominent performances were seen in movies like Kuch To Hai, Ishq Vishk and Janasheen, Fight Club.

Speaking about father's day he said he never celebrated the day as a kid, but did allow us into a memorable moment in his life when this father guided him through a noble path... "I was studying in Class 10 and I heard that the Mathematics paper had leaked and that I could buy it for a particular amount. So, I approached my dad for the money (about Rs. 5000/-), even though I was well prepared for the exam. The moment I told him that I needed money to buy the paper, he gave me the thrashing of my life for even thinking of doing such a thing... He said that I don't care if you score low marks or fail the exam, but I don't ever want to see you cheating."

Yash's dad being an ex-army man was a disciplinarian and strict, and yet, Yash adds his father was also loving and affectionate. The best gift that I have ever received from my dad is his love and security.

Manish Goel
Manish Goel and Poonam agreed on a arranged marriage, and they did realise they love each other, and their son gives more meaning to their love story. Manish shares with us that his most memorable moment with his dad was the day he himself became a father, "It gave us both immense joy," he said.

Being the only son Manish's dad had given him a lot of gifts. But the best, he says was the day his dad decided to let him pursue his dream of becoming an actor and allowing him to move to Mumbai, even though they had their own family business to take care of in Delhi, "The decision of parting from your son is killing and the most difficult for a parent and I can't tell you how it feels now that I too am a father."

Manish agrees that he sees the world in a totally different perspective, ever since he has the Dad cap on, "Everything now revolves around Arya, be it shopping, renovating our house... I am definitely doing something very special for Arya. I am writing a diary for him, and have already completed the first book. It's my way of communicating with my son. I plan to give him fifteen such diaries by the time he reaches the age of fifteen so that he can read and understand every emotion expressed in it.

Manish writes in the diary with the same love he shows his son in real, telling us about the content of the diary, Manish states "Hi Arya, today we went to your play school for the first PTA meeting...." The diary also explains the sacrifices Poonam made for him and also has lots of advice on life... On things that I myself learnt from life like - It's not rosy everyday but yet neither consistent.

Vikas Bhalla
Vikas is one man with many talents - singing, acting, now television host and a loving father. For Vikas everyday is a Father's or Mother's day, "Being a son to my dad, and a dad to my child I balance both. I don't believe in days like this to express one's love for their parent. It's just a marketing gimmick."

Telling us about the most memorable moment his father, Vikas remembers the days when he was about seven years old and had just shifted from Delhi to Mumbai, "From my dad's bedroom window we could see the sea, since we didn't have a view like this in Delhi, I would lie on my dad's tummy and ask him to show me the sea. I still remember those days..."

When we asked about the best gift his dad has given him, Vikas said his dad's consent in following Vikas' dream and instead forcing on him his own, as the best blessing and gift, "He just had faith in me and supported me."

A dad himself now, he also views the world from a different angle. Fatherhood is all about love for your kid, a selfless love, which I believe is the only unadulterated love in this world. I usually go out with my family for either a lunch or dinner on Sundays and this Sunday being Father's day, I would be doing the same.

Amar Upadhyay
Today's youngsters are not far behind catching up with global traditions as Amar Upadhyay says though it wasn't a culture back when he was a kid, he does however celebrate the day with his dad. He credits his parents for whatever he is today... as he believes that what he is now is thanks to both his parents, their hardwork, sacrifices and love.

"My most memorable moment with my dad was when we had all been to Ooty for the Diwali vacation when I was a kid. It was pouring heavily and I got lost. My father was searching frantically for me and at last when he found me he hugged me and began crying.... This was the first and the last time I saw him cry. This made me realize how much I meant to him."

Being a father now, Amar says has definitely changed him. Amar believes fatherhood makes one realize how much their parents went through for them, what sacrifices they made, "After becoming a father I respect my parents even more than I respected them earlier. I still treasure the cricket bat that my father gifted me as a kid because I was the first guy to have a bat in my society and that made me feel very proud."

These are few moments that few actors shred with us, come back to indya.com tomorrow to know more of what more such television stars have to say about their days on Father's Day, do remember to wish yours and thank him for what you are today, and for all the days who are reading this, Happy Father's Day, you are special for your families!

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Manish on his father

Manish Goel says "My most memorable moment with my dad is the day I myself became a father. It gave us both immense joy. Being the only son my dad has given me lots of gifts. But the best that I have received is the day he made a decision to let me pursue my dream of becoming an actor and letting me move to Mumbai, even though we have our own family business to take care of in Delhi. The decision of parting from your son is killing and the most difficult for a parent and I can't tell you how it feels now that I too am a father. After becoming a dad I definitely view the world from a different perspective all together. Everything now revolves around Arya, be it shopping, renovating our house etc. I am definitely doing something very special for Arya. I am writing a diary for him, and have already completed the first diary. It's my way of communicating with my son. I plan to give him 15 such diaries by the time he reaches the age of 15 so that can read and understand every emotion expressed in it."

Television's doting dads!

"My daddy strongest," these are the words that make a child's world go round! We grow up knowing that dad fixes things around the house, they take us to games and carry us around when we are too tired to walk on our own - they are the pillars of strength upon which we build our abode, full of fun and laughter.

Tellychakkar.com spoke to some papas about their experiences of being daddy - the fears and insecurities that haunt them every step of the way!

Yash Tonk has a two and a half year old daughter, Pari
I take my daughter for outings, we do play games, go for swimming and I was the first one to see her when she was born. I was really zapped and was startled, specially because for the past nine months people all around me was constantly telling me - 'You are going to be a father," and when it actually happened I really freaked out. I only wish that she does well in her studies and becomes a good human being.

Mannish Goel has a one year old son, Aryaveer
I give my kid all the materialistic stuff which every father likes to give their kids. Besides that I am writing a dairy for my son. I plan to write at least 15 such diaries. On father's day, I am planning to write a special note to my son. Also, I will shoot a video and add that to my collection of video library. I have a video library of my son right from the time Poonam went into labour. The only fear that I have is that my son should not take to drinking. I remember when I got drunk for the first time my mom was very depressed. So, I fear if my son were to do the same then I will realise how bad my mom must have felt that day. I hope that my son is hardworking and that he never give up on life if he were to face failures.

Parmeet Sethi has two sons, Aryaman and Ayushman
As a father I try to be there when they get up in the morning and reach home before they are off to sleep. Besides this, I try to keep my weekends off, so that I can spend quality time with my kids. We do things that normal dads would do. We go for swimimng, play football. On father's day I am thinking of going out with my father and take my sons along as well. We'll do guy things together! The one incident which touched my heart was when I asked my sons what they would like to be when they grow old. They said, "We would get married and then be a father like you." I have no big dreams for them. Let them live the life they want. They should be successful in whatever mode of life they choose.

Mihir Mishra has a seven year old daughter, Dianoor
On father's day I will be taking Diyanoor for lunch which could extend to even dinner. Anyway, Sundays are exclusively for my daughter. Lucky that thus father's day is on Sunday. So its double the fun. I hope that she studies hard and becomes successful in whatever she indulges in. I pray to God that let her be free from all hardships.

It's not easy to manage tight schedules with a kid at home who's hungry for your attention and love, but telly dads seem to have learnt to strike a fine balance between their darlings at home and their pressures at work

Edited by Vandu4ever - 17 years ago
Vandu4ever thumbnail

Top of the pops

After Hours Correspondent

Friday, June 16, 2006  18:44 IST

Manish Goel:Being the only son my dad has given me lots of gifts. But the best was when he let me pursue my dreams of becoming an actor. He let me move to Mumbai, even though we have our  family business in Delhi. It was a special moment for both my dad and me when I turned a father.

Today my world  revolves around my son Arya. I am writing a diary for him. I plan to give him 15 such diaries by the time he reaches the age of 15. It includes daily tidbits like, ?Today we attended your first PTA meeting?, sacrifices made by his mother (Poonam Narula) and advices.

Vikas Bhalla: The most special moments that I spent with my father was when I was 7-years-old. We had just shifted from Delhi to Mumbai. My dad?s bedroom window offers a sea-view. I would lie on my dad?s tummy and ask him to show me the sea. The best gift my dad has given me is letting me choose my own career.

Anita Hasanandani: I lost my father seven years back. That was one of the biggest shocks of my life. My father used to pamper me a lot.

My mother was very strict. But every time she?d shout at me my father would get upset with her. While in school I had saved my pocket money and bought my father a wallet. He was very happy. He used it till it could no longer be used.

Iqbal Khan: My father always gave me everything that I asked for. But he also made me work hard for it. He believes in giving that little extra to everything in life and he has instilled this quality in me too. I plan to gift my father a car soon. I speak to him every morning in Srinagar, where he lives.

Rakshanda Khan: As a child I remember my father teaching me math. I was terrible at it. My father was a genius in the subject. He had amazing patience and even if I asked him a question 100 times, he would answer it calmly. He never loses his cool.

I wish I had this quality too. Dad is not much of a gifts person. I had bought him a watch 10 years back and he still uses it. He loves chocolates though and I get loads  of them whenever I go abroad.

Tina Parekh: When I was a child my father would bathe me and dress me for school. He had two huge mugs filled with milk which he would keep side by side. He would drink from one and make me drink from the other. I was not supposed to leave a single drop behind. All that my father wants is that his children should be good human beings.

Joined At The Hip

Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan

Rajev and Delnaz Paul

Bakhtyaar Irani and Tanaaz Lal

Yash and Gauri Tonk

Apurva Agnihotri and Shilpa Saklani

Sanjit Bedi and Shraddha Nigam

Manish Goel and Poonam Narula

Joined At The Hip

The television fraternity boasts of togetherness. But it?s a little cloying to see coochie-cooing couples tag along like Siamese twins at every other party in town...

? Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan
They are a perfect example of an inseparable couple. If you haven?t had enough of them on the party circut, switch on the television and there are good chances that you may find the two on screen. Be it Kutumb, Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi or Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai... they were right there together. Like we?d say, if Gauri?s here, can Hiten be far behind?
Coochie coo meter: 9/10

? Rajev and Delnaz Paul
We know they swear by each other. And when it comes to showing their love, they make no bones about it either. If even you bump into one, be sure the other one has to be somewhere nearby... not that we are jealous of it... but really, don?t be that sweet... we?ll die of diabetes.
Coochie coo meter: 7/10

? Bakhtyaar Irani and Tanaaz Lal
They are a recent addition to the television couples species. While they can?t stop expressing their undying love for each other, more often than not, it seems as though they were only posing for the shutterbugs.
Coochie coo meter: 8/10

? Yash and Gauri Tonk
As a matter of fact, both the Gauris in the industry (Pradhan and Tonk) are rarely seen without their respective spouses. And when during one of the parties in Bandra neither of the Gauris turned up, their husbands refused to let each other go and stuck together throughout the evening.
Coochie coo meter: 9/10

? Apurva Agnihotri and Shilpa Saklani
This couple can?t get over the fact that they have been married for over a year now. They come across as a snobbish pair. Besides the Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi gang, Shilpa and Apurva have only themselves for company.
Coochie coo meter: 5/10

? Sanjit Bedi and Shraddha Nigam
Now, unlike the rest, this ?couple? is the odd one out. Sanjit is a married man but these two get along like a house on fire. Invariably, Sanjit and Shraddha always enter and leave a party together. Sanjit claims his wife is aware of this friendship...which makes us wonder why Mrs Bedi doesn?t accompany Sanjit to a party?
Coochie coo meter: 7/10

? Manish Goel and Poonam Narula
Dancing in Nach Baliye is their biggest claim to fame. And doing the party rounds is what helps them to remain in the news. But really, we?d like to see the two of them all by themselves once in a while you know...
Coochie coo meter: 4/10

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Anuj and Manish patch up!

The tellydom is quite aware of Anuj Saxena, fondly remembered as Abhay of Kkusum and Manish Goel's catfight some years back. But looks like the duo has patched up as we spotted the latter at Anuj's birthday day bash on 30 June.

Manish, Poonam and Anuj were great friends once upon a treasured time and used to frequently visit each others place. But misunderstandings started mounting up, when Anuj was being considered as one of the actors to replace Manish Goel in Bhabhi. This issue was followed by many more misunderstandings.

Tellychakkar.com caught up with Manish Goel who was seen at Anuj's birthday bash on Sunday night. Says the actor, "Yes, we have patched up! We definitely had a tiff, but everything is sorted out now." On being asked about clearing the bad air between the two actors, he asserts, "No, we didn't choose to do that, as there was no point doing it."

Anuj Saxena was unavailable for comment.

Poonam Narula, Manish's wife who had worked with Anuj Saxena in Kkusum, too was not in good terms with the actor. "Well, Poonam certainly wanted to come, but had to stay home as our kid was sleeping. She is eager to meet him, as she hasn't spoken to him since Kkusum the days," says Manish.

Manish and Anuj had bumped into each other at Rucha Gujarati and Ekta Kapoor's party prior to their patch up and after their rift.

So don't be too surprised if you see them together hand in hand next time!

Mannish is not quitting acting

Though Mannish Goel of Star Plus? Bhabhi fame, received many a messages from his friends in the industry when he revealed his decision to pen a script for a serial, people assumed the actor was quitting acting. However, the actor clarifies, ?I don?t know why people thought I am quitting acting. Acting is my first love and everything else comes second. However, it was heartning to see that so many people called me to tell me that I shouldn?t quit.? The actor says he may also produce the serial that he has scripted.

Mannish turns writer

What does a actor do when he is fed up with the ronadhona that he has to go through to meet the demands of the script? Mannish Goel has found a solution to this trouble. The actor is currently busy penning a script for a TV serial. Mannish promises that this one won?t be a neverending soap opera. Instead, Mannish has written a story that will be wrapped up within 52 episodes. ?I
think TV today is getting very stereotypical. Frankly, I get bored with it. My story won?t have a character that?s absolutely good or bad. All the characters will be real and the story will be of prime importance. The story deals with the complexities of various relationships that are very real,? says Mannish. He also plans to produce the serial. ?I will be involved in all the aspects of the serial. In fact, I have even penned a title track for it,? says Mannish.

Mate or foe???

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. Many of us have read this classic which talks about how different the male gender is from the female. Another piece of research conducted by the University of Vienna has thrown light on another area in which John is different from Jane. The research says that a man, who shares his bed with his partner, will end up with his brain getting dull and this in turn will affect his ability to think clearly. Whereas the woman tends to get rejuvenated.

Riya V Anandwala quizzes some macho men from our industry and gets them to talk about what they have to say about the mind blowing (pun intended) study.

Rajev Paul

Who did this study??? I don't understand how people get time to research on such topics. First of all I hardly get to sleep, and secondly how does it affect a man's brain? If that is the case, whom should we sleep with - some one else's partner? I have a question for the person who did this study - what did you gain by doing it???

Mihir Mishra

Who is this A******??? This guy should be shot at where it hurts the most. It is extremely preposterous to conduct a study of this sort. I guess these people have nothing better to do, and are trying to justify it. Is it like they are blaming women for this???

Sanjit Bedi

When I sleep with my wife, I perform better in every aspect! (laughs) It's just about being with the right person, and when it comes to my better half, I sleep well! I have no sleeping disorders. And coming to these scientists who do such studies, everyone needs a job after all!

Nikkhil Arya

It's bullshit! If I get one person whom I love truly, I'm sure my instincts will become razor sharp. I am very sure that because of that one person my brain will be very clear and my abilities will be enhanced. Past research has shown that a satisfying physical relationship helps in hormonal secretion and hence development. We can't forget that research varies from person to person!

Manish Goel

I don't feel dull after four years of marriage! It is the wierdest study I have ever heard of. In the Indian context this can be very damaging for the man. Imagine a wife asking her husband why he wants to sleep separate and he responds by saying that a scientest said that sleeping with a woman is bad for the brain. You know what he will get - One tight slap! It is extremely bizarre to hear of such studies and research. Though I am not saying that they are wrong, I don't subscribe to them.