AR ONE SHOT- The Hidden Truth

kweetrockstar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi guys, kweetrockstar here. I had written a one shot on AR, The Secret Love. Your appreciation encouraged me to write some more, here is another one of them. Plz feel free to express ur views, and sorry for any mistakes.

The Hidden Truth

It is the big night, everyone from the college is present here. Well, after all this is my party, the hottest hunk of the college. Yes, this is Armaan Mallik's b'day party, and, my twin brother, Atul Mallik, just a minute older to me, his too. I have to call it his too, otherways my mum's lecture is just around the road. But, i've noticed mum doesn't asks me to hang around with atul anymore, and i guess the curiosity made me throw this party in his name too. To be honest, there's something that has happened with Atul, he doesn't follow me anywhere now, doesn't wants to be involved in my activities, mum doesn't ask me to be there for him all the time. He's changed so much. If truth be told, i'm so used to his nosy and caring behaviour tht i miss him. I miss my bro when he's still there, confusing isnt it?

Finally Atul has come, what took him so long? He's usually the punctual one, and why has every1 gone so silent? Oho! This crowd isnt allowing me to have a proper look,

"buddy, side plz, its my party remember?",

"oh, sorry ammy!",

Yes now tht i can see him, wow, Atul is looking soo different, in tht designer white suit. His specks are gone, i guess he must be using lens. And the girl with him, oh my God, how beautiful can someone look?  She looks like a princess, in tht body hugging pink anarkali suit. Even the silverish white work isnt glowing as mch as her skin. I never knew a girl cud look so beautiful in a suit, i mean she doesn't luk like a behenji, more like a fairy, an angel to be precise. She looks so familiar, wait, i know her, what was her name again? Radhika, no, Rashmi, nope, was it Roshni, nah, cant be, then Rani maybe, no no, too queenly, i know it starts with an 'R', what was it? My chain of thoughts was broken, when the guy on my side exclaimed, "Riddhima!"

Off course, 'Riddhima Gupta", i remember and i am drifted into my childhood memories, too smoothly.

It all started with my birth, ours actually. I've already told u, Atul is like a minute older, but as we grew up, there seemed to be a generation gap b/w him and me. Dad had been the fun loving one, whereas mom was the serious types. I still dont know how do they get on so well with each other. My extremely good luks made me a toy which dad cud brag abt, but mom's stored love was more for for Atul rather than me. I guess tht balanced dad's partial love towards me. I too, had made my distances with mom. Under dad's protection, i became an arrogant person, extremely popular and proud of his personality and his charm. Being the dude of the school helped add the spice. I was always out luking for a new challenge or adventure. I'd realised it soon tht i was a charmer in case of girls, unfortunately for them. I think u can guess how i must've spent my years at school and high school and college too. Atul, on the other hand, took after mom, same seriousness, same personality, kind and loving. He always wanted to be with me, to enjoy the goodness of a twin younger brother. But i always ignored him, i was ashamed to introduce the bookworm with thick spectacles, as my twin. So i usually avoided him, moreover, he wud lecture me with everything, be it bike racing, kick boxing, car racing or a bet on one of the girls. It was b'coz of mom tht i tolerated him, coz i wanted mom to treat me the same as Atul.

Then, when we were 14, at our 1st day in school, i made a new group of friends. I always chose my friends carefully, they had to be good, no, actually the best. My new group included Nikita Malhotra, or Nikki, the beautiful doll of the school. Favourite of most of the teachers, being the daughter of the principal, but she had the perfect attitude. Rahul Grewal, my kindergarden buddy, a close family friend, into the same sports as me, except tht i kick box too. Finally, Anjie, as in Anjali Gupta, the new girl, she had the perfect tall body, her face spoke of the arrogance in her heart, and a sharp mind too. I was proud to hang out with my group, competing with tht Abhimanyu Modi, another dude of the school, but 2nd in the rank.

What i didnt realise during this time was tht, Atul too, had found sum1, who was his friend for wht he was. I'd known abt it, bt too full of myself, to care abt this. Moreover i was happy not to find reasons to avoid him. His new friend was actually,  Anjie's younger sister, Riddhima Gupta, or Ridzi, as Atul called her. Anjie had told me tht Riddhima was actually her cousin, after her parents' death, Anjie's dad and mum had adopted her. Anjie too felt the same for her, as i felt for Atul, so i too tried to avoid Riddhima. Actually, i hadn't ever noticed her.

I usually heard Atul chatter happily abt his friends to mom, i used to be so busy staring at mom feed him so lovingly, i never cared to properly listen to him. After we grew up, dad became busy with the business, leaving no option for me other than mom, bt i guess i was responsible for her distance with me. She did everything for me, same as Atul, but her eyes shone only for Atul. Now tht i remember properly, this Riddhima girl was so ignored by her sister. Her new parents fulfilled her every wish, except for love. Their love was for Anie only. So, my mom decided to mother the child who was a gem for her older son. At my home, Riddhima found her family in Atul and mom. His other friend was some Muskaan Chadhdha, Muski for short. I'd heard of her, total chatterbox, and a real weirdo at times.

The real shock came to me the day, when the whole school was talking abt Ammy's bro being friends with Abhimanyu Modi. I held a junior, and asked for details. He blurted out the whole incident.

Abhimanyu, at the first bell of the lunch break, had held Atul, his friends and some  juniors to bully them. They had taken it all, but when it was Atul's turn, Modi asked him to write "Armaan is a '!@#$%', he is an '^&*()%$#@!&*' and so on" at the notice board outside princi's office. At his refusal to do so, they were about to hit him, when one of his friend hit a punch at Modi, straight on the face. There were so many complaints against him already, tht when taken to princi, Atul and his friends wud have got a clean chit, and Modi, a sureshot rustication. When princi enquired, to every1's surprise, it was the girl same girl speaking, who had earlier hit Modi. She told him tht while coming from the stairs, she slipped and her plate hit Modi in the face hard, and she was extremely sorry for tht. The principal saw her with a look of utter shock and disbelief. Finally Modi was spared, but no one knew wht awaited tht girl outside the office. They knew she was in big trouble, perhaps she knew it too, oterwise tht lie in the office........

"Hey u! why did u lie, when u cud've easily told the truth and have me kicked out of here", his voice didnt reveal his emotions.

"Well, ur exit wud have finished off the competition here, and the punch on ur handsome face was just the right punishment. Its the charity ball next week, i'm sure u'll look too good dancing the right moves with ur lovely face. Moreover, ur career wud've ruined", she added.

Abhi had to give this girl a high salute for her boldness. He had noticed her always the shy types, but today was something new. He was surprised as well as flattered by her way of praising him with insults. Her every remark had double meaning, but her last words were added softly, with sincerity in her eyes. He surely had to do it, people imagined him hitting the girl as he raised his hand,

"Friends?", people around them were shocked, and more shocked to the reply,

"Forever", as she too raised her hand.

I had been too busy running and shouting at Atul to break off this new friendship with Modi to which he gave a sureshot no, tht i totally forgot the girl and her extreme power. I was so shocked with Atul's response, tht i changed my direction everytime i saw him.
Now i realise tht it cud've only been Riddhima, Muskaan is not the one to bring these big changes. And the biggest change was, Abhimanyu Modi, or Abhi for his friends. He was never seen with his old friends again. He was one of Atul's gang, or Riddhima's gang to be precise. News was tht he was there at the ball with Riddhima, and they both had rocked the party. My group hadn't attended the ball, we were busy at rahul's b'day party. I am feeling so angry as to why cudnt Ridz had gone to the party with me. I mean, she chose Abhi, yuccckkkk!!! But what do i care, or do i??????????"

College went by in the same way like school. Our 2 groups had taken admissions in the same college, bt sumhow our paths never crossed. I guess it was all Riddhima's planning to keep us as far as possible. But ways did meet, during our cultural activities, their same interests brought Rahul & Muskaan and Nikki & Abhi close. We had never realised this, until they announced this after the main function to us. I was happy for them, but worried too. I didnt want my friends to be hurt. With this our groups were intermixed, but sumhow either Anjie & Me wud be missing, or Atul & Riddhima, so, we eigth were never together. It was never planned, atleast not by us both, but sumhow this doesnt seem to be just a coincidence. None of our friends knew abt us being siblings, so, they too, considered it a coincidence.

Now tht i am trying, its easier to remember it all. I dont know why, but i wish i cud be a part of their group too. I feel i've missed so many things in my friends' and Atul's life when i was so full of myself, tht i cannot get it back whatever i do. I come back to the present when a hand shakes me,

"Ammy, u never told us Atul was ur brother, atleast Ridzi and Anjie r just cousins, but u guys r twins?", this was Nikki, yelling at the top of her lungs.

"Woh, Nikki, actually, its just tht, umm, actually, woh.......", i was short of words. To my relief, Abhi made an entry,

"Hey Nikki, baad mein. Right now, every1's waiting for the cake to be cut. Come Ammy"

I went away only to see her standing with Atul, clasping his arm tightly. I cud feel the warmth she was passing to Atul to cover up his nervousness. Shouldn't it have been vice versa, i mean she was the all quiet types and all? Despite all tht, why did i want the warmth for myself, did i want every one tht loved Atul to be mine, was it all to satisfy my ego? My mind answered a yes, unfortunately, my heart disagreed.

The cake cutting and the party went quite well. I just wish Riddhima had wished me too, i mean a present, or a card, or simple wishes wud've done it too. Suddenly my eyes move to a gift wrapped in the same coloured paper as Riddhima's dress. I read the card "Happy B'day Armaan Mallik - Riddhima Gupta. It sounded so formal, but i opened the gift so cautiously, trying hard not to tear the wrapper or the ribbon or the wishing card. I opened the box to find a small tray, divided in different sections, each one with a different background and a different couple. I pressed on the start switch, and the 1st couple danced followed by the other couples like two cute teddy bears, two cupids, romeo and juliet and many others. The background helped him figure out the couple. After every couple finished, all of them danced together on "Every night in my dreams (from titanic)". He loved the gift so full of love and wished she had given t to him herself. But why am i, all of a sudden, cursing the lack of interaction b/w us. Hadn't she extended me a hand of friendship, along with Anjie. I had remarked "Not my types" and walked off. I am used to sending away the people i love, Mom, Atul and Ridz. Wait! Did i just say love, no, it isnt love, it cud be just attraction, infatuation u c, not love, not at all. One doesnt fall in love at once, but then.................

From the next day, i tried every possible chance to spend time with Riddhima and her group. But again, Riddhima wudnt be there, Atul was there sumtimes, but not once was she there. I had come to a decision tht she avoided me, but the question was why?

It was friendship's day tomorrow, and i had planned to confront Riddhima. What better day than tomorrow. I was in my happy thoughts, when i heard some commotion from the opposite room. I thought Atul needed some help, so i rushed off to his room. I entered his room for the first time, there were numerous pics of him and Riddhima all over the room, some of them with Muskaan and Abhi too. At his bedside wall, there was a huge poster of mom, with Atul and Muskaan on one side, Riddhima and Abhi on the other. They all lukd so perfect. I suddenly remembered the reason for coming here and headed towardsthe open balcony door. I was shocked to see the incident there.

"Hey Ridzi, u, how did u climb the pipeline up til here."

"Atul give me ur hand idiot, my other hand is full"

"Oh yeah, so sorry! Now tell, why and how come?"

"Being the leader of Girls Scouts Team has helped, including the captainship of girls and boys basketball team of college. As for the reason, its friendship day. I had to wish u first of all. Lets cut the cake, my favourite hand made, chocolate."

"Our favourite"

Armaan saw them cutting the cake, eating some and putting most of it for their facial. Armaan was surprised to see her in a pink hoodie and black tight shorts with matching black shoes. She lukd so different, so 'cool', he didnt realise he'd just started liking cool rather than hot. 

"Why r the others down?"

"They wanted me to wish u first"

"No i mean, shudnt they be with Rahul and Nikki"

"No Atul, its friendship day, not valentines day. Get ready and come down, we're going to rock this day"

He saw Atul go instantly with her in his same dress. He was shocked and hurt. During these days, Riddhima's presence had made him realise tht he was in love with her. His heart had told him the same on the night of his b'day. His questions had been answered. He fell in love with her as he drifted through his memories and recalled everything.

He didnt know when he fell off to sleep. He woke up to his mom's and Atul's laughter. He headed towards the kitchen where Atul was having his breakfast.

"Mom, last night they all forced me to propose her. Abhi n Muski said tht Ridzi wanted it too. So i asked and she said 'yes'. I am so happy, i still cant believe it."

"I can believe it, she had no reason to say no, and i must add, u have an awesome choice. U have my approval."

"Awww, thanks mom, thank u so much. Love u", with tht he rushed off, leaving a heartbroken Armaan. He went up to his room, and cried over all that he had lost. His mom and Atul just seemed oo small a price compared to Riddhima. He cud do anything, to get her back, but he knew he had lost her, forever.

His mom entered his room in the evening, she knew something was wrong. He had refused to have any meals of the day, he hadnt gone to college, whereas it was friendship day today. His cell had been ringing constantly. 100 missed calls and 50 messages. She saw him lay asleep, but not peacefully. His pillow had traces of wetness. She tried waking him up,

"Armaan, Ammy beta"

He slowly stirred hearing her beautiful voice, slightly opening his eyes he saw her there, ever so lovingly. But remembering todays events, he hugged her tightly and cried his heart out.

"What happened Ammy, tell me na?"

He narrated each and every incident abt him and Riddhima, oblivious to Atul's presence on his door. He saw Atul and rushed off to hug him, no words were needed then. He knew Atul wud understand, whereas his mom had tears seeing the understanding in the hearts of sons.

"I love her Ammy, but not the way u think."

Seeing Armaan's confused expressions, he continued,

"I love Riddhima, more than anyone, even more than mom, but not as in tht way. We are bestest of friends, lot more than that, but nothing more. She's always been a sisterly figure, but i wont name our friendship as brother sister relation, coz tht wud be an insult to our friendship, naming it just to satisfy the others, i wont do it. I actually proposed Anjie, we both came close during our project together. Yesterday, i went with my gang to her house n proposed her in front of her parents, she agreed with her parents' approval too. As for Ridzi, she's in love with someone since she entered her teens, sum1 who never noticed her, sum1 whose image was of a playboy for the world, bt she loved the inner beauty if him. How he always helped his friends, how he was possessive about them and how he cudnt see them hurt. How he cud go to any extent for them and to gain the love of his mother. Despite the fact tht he's hurt her so bsd,she still loves him"

"I m sorry bhai, u must hate me, i am sure u already do. I mean how can she love me, i dont deserve her.Ask her to hate me na"

"To be honest, i never thought u were worth her love, but seeing u today, i realise she wasnt wrong in her choice, her heart did the right thing. As for hating u, i cud never do tht, even if i wanted to. Thats a thing she made me promise, i'll never hate u. Go get her buddy"

"She's at her house?"

"Nope, its her parents death anniversary today. She's at the cemetry"

"Death anniversary? She lukd perfect at night?"

"U shud've realised by now she can hide her emotions too well. Stop this chit chat, i'll tell u more abt her later, now hurry, go and get her"

Armaan hugged Atul, then his mom and rushed off just to pause at his door, his dad had been standing there, shredding off the tears which had dried on his mom's face. He saw the approval in his eyes, ugged hi and ran off taking the bike keys. His dad came in and engulfed Atul in a tight hug. Tears flowed from his eyes too. She was crying to see her family happily united.

Armaan avoided many cars on the way in his great rush to reach the cemetry, not to say avoiding close calls by death. He finally reached there, the cemetry had been built on a cliff top, and.............

She stood there, dressed in the same black shorts, but a baby blue and red hoodie, hugging her body, to protect herself from the cold, or the loneliness, she guessed. She opened her arms to take in the pleasure of the small water droplets tht had started to fall from the sky. Suddenly her foot tripped and she was abt to fall when a strong hand clasped her wrist. She hadn't seen the person, but she knew she was in safe hands. Then things happened all of a sudden, there was a huge thunder, she was pulled up and she put her hands around him, burrying her face in his chest. She knew no one on earth cud harm her where she was, she was in his arms, the one she loved.

"I love u Riddhima"

He knew this was enough for right now, explanations cud come later on. Now, all he had to do was to wait for an answer. As if she knew wht he was thinking, he heard her "I love u too", too soft.

"Too soft", he didnt want to spoil the moment, but cudnt resist adding this.

He knew she was smiling, within these few seconds, their hearts and souls had become one. He recognised her body language, which said "listen to my heart".

She put his hand in between them on her heart, but he lifted it and put it on his heart.

"Its here, with me". She smiled at this, still burried in his arms.

"It is beating too loudly. I guess it wants to yell at its topmost volume and tell everyone tht we both love each other", she blushed at this.

"Oye hoye"

Atul saw his mom's worried expressions, and her eyes moving from her phone to the door back and forth. "Mom, there's no use waiting, i'm sure they'll be late. After all, she wont be able to tell him any another day tht the punch Abhi got on his face was for using those words for Armaan. Maybe they both've got many beans to spill. Lets enjoy ourselves, dad just got out the dvds as well as some popcorn. C'mon lets raace, winner gets to choose the movie."

As she rushed off, he sent a text to Anjie, asking her not to be worried for Ridzi. Anjie had started to care for Ridzi the same time she had come closer to Atul. After all, thanx to Ridzi, he was able to make his childhood crush as the love of his lfe. He then forwarded a msg to all his friends to meet Ammy, Ridzi and Him, in the morning tomorrow, for an awesomely breaking happy news. Then he too retired to watch off some emotional drama selected by his mom, he shudnt have let her win, poor dad!!!!!

Waiting eagerly for comments, compliments and complaints. Silent readers, please press LIKE.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dipu thumbnail

hey!!!

that was something.,...i mean its was so sweet...

the perfect...full of friendship...full of love....

everything,,,,,really liked it....

love you

dipu

Euphoria. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome! i didn't really expect the atul-ridhima thing out there. it was too good yaar!!!!
continue writing such oneshots!!!!!

anu😊
frnd.of.frndz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Superb One shot..! the relations nd bonding were all very well defined.. I loved it..

Rucha
angelina_2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hey fabulous one shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bond was exceleent.................
Soulmate_Sana thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
SUPRB ONE SHOT YAAR
AWESOME LOVED IT

LOVE
SANA
Riddikulus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Heyy...!! 😊

SO sorry I couldn't reply to the previous one...was a little hard pressed for time...but I had to check this one out, and I don't regret doing that one bit...

It's really, really sweet...Armaan and Atul being twins is really something...really liked their relationship...you've brought the family together by the end so heartwarmingly and so smoothly too...well done! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Love the bit where Armaan goes to meet Riddhima at the cemetary...not quite the place you'd expect to see a moment like this one...but well handled...really...niice...!! And in itself, the confession was so cute...😳

The long and short of it is that I loved it...thanks for the PM...!! 😊

Take care and cheers!

Nandini 😊
** L.U.S.H ** thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey hun omg such a nice story didnt want it to end i tink u shdu write like one last epilogue type part to complete evrything nd hw they all gt on i wud love that ...good work and pm me if u write more stories x
maanu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

heya.....

nice one.......

good shot....... very aply shown emotions from armaans point of view....

do write more......

thanks for the pm

bye

ambryn thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Very well written... awesome!!!!