Pradarshak thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#1
First of all, I am not an UPite or Maharashtrian.
Also both Hemant and Vaishali are my favourite champs.
Even though Maharashtra might have won in any way, I felt for some of the songs she gave more to Maharashtra than they deserved for their performances. Ashaji's marks for UPites are more or less appropriate.

Created

Last reply

Replies

38

Views

3.5k

Users

21

Likes

8

Frequent Posters

Dabulls23 thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
#2

Originally posted by: Pradarshak

First of all, I am not an UPite or Maharashtrian.

Also both Hemant and Vaishali are my favourite champs.
Even though Maharashtra might have won in any way, I felt for some of the songs she gave more to Maharashtra than they deserved for their performances. Ashaji's marks for UPites are more or less appropriate.

Totally agree with you Pradarshak....My sentiments exactly....I wrote on another topic..
200467 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#3
On the contrary - I feel she was overly strict on Maharashtra during one of the performances on Friday. Let's face it - Maharashtra team was way better than UP team --- and I am from UP.

That said; I would like to see neutral judges. Should not be that hard to accomplish given all the stalwart singers in the industry. That way, no one will say tyhe judge went soft on their region's team or was extra-harsh on their region just to prove they are neutral.
diamond444 thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#4

Originally posted by: Pradarshak

First of all, I am not an UPite or Maharashtrian.

Also both Hemant and Vaishali are my favourite champs.
Even though Maharashtra might have won in any way, I felt for some of the songs she gave more to Maharashtra than they deserved for their performances. Ashaji's marks for UPites are more or less appropriate.



In my view, Ashaji did an admirable job of evaluating both the teams. One must keep in mind that there are any number of factors(human and technical) to be weighed in before giving marks.

As an example, consider the songs sung by Twinkle and Vaishali on Saturday. Apparently it seems that
Twinkle should have got more marks than Vaishali because Twinkle did more justice to her song. Vaishali couldn't reach anywhere near Lataji's level in Lag Ja Gale. But then we have to keep in mind the difficulties involved in the songs. Lag Ja Gale is an extremely difficult and nuanced song. On the other hand, Twinkle's song was an easy one. If the songs would have been reversed, then Vaishali would still have done a minimum justice, but I don't think that Twinkle would have been able to do a similar justice as the range required is beyond her.

Again, Ashaji pointed out Hemant's faults several times. So being a kid, at last marking she possibly gave him more than his performance.

These are two examples(one technical and one human) of what I think might have influenced Ashaji. In conclusion, while the individual markings may or may not correctly reflect the performances, the end result of 48 vs 43 in my view correctly reflects the difference between the two teams.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
#5

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

On the contrary - I feel she was overly strict on Maharashtra during one of the performances on Friday. Let's face it - Maharashtra team was way better than UP team --- and I am from UP.

That said; I would like to see neutral judges. Should not be that hard to accomplish given all the stalwart singers in the industry. That way, no one will say tyhe judge went soft on their region's team or was extra-harsh on their region just to prove they are neutral.

Agree on having Neutral judges...
Asha Tai was much stricter on friday than on saturday...on both teams
Gauri some sort of bias will take part be it regional or something else....Nothing is full proof 😳
433796 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#6

Originally posted by: Pradarshak

First of all, I am not an UPite or Maharashtrian.

Also both Hemant and Vaishali are my favourite champs.
Even though Maharashtra might have won in any way, I felt for some of the songs she gave more to Maharashtra than they deserved for their performances. Ashaji's marks for UPites are more or less appropriate.

So you believe Hemant getting 9 on saturday justified? That was horrible performance, Asha should stop singing and music after giving 9 for a horrible performance.
433796 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#7

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

On the contrary - I feel she was overly strict on Maharashtra during one of the performances on Friday. Let's face it - Maharashtra team was way better than UP team --- and I am from UP.

That said; I would like to see neutral judges. Should not be that hard to accomplish given all the stalwart singers in the industry. That way, no one will say tyhe judge went soft on their region's team or was extra-harsh on their region just to prove they are neutral.

I think SRGMP should outsource the judgement to foriegn country like China.
bunbutt_too thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#8
Lugta hain keh MNS kah durr ubb charoh taraf phail gaya hain.😉
return_to_hades thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago
#9
I thought she was pretty fair to both teams. To me her scoring appeared consistent and justified. Of course I am Mumbaikar, so there may be a touch of bias - but I do think she was reasonably fair.

I was never a big fan of Vaishali, she seemed to dull for me when she won. Yashita was confident and better, and I wanted her in Mega challenge. But I think Vaishali has grown in confidence and stage presence, it reflected in her performance. She really did well on both days and set the bar - IMHO. Her praises were well deserved.
sunandshine thumbnail
18th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago
#10
Asha ji was quite fair in her judgement (My Bias for Maharashtra leaving aside). Twinkle and Poonam sang way below their capability. Maharashtra team chose quite difficult songs and delivered remarkably well (especially on Saturday's show). Although, I agree on the part that they should have neutral judges😕 The Ganesh archana song is way too complicated for anyone to sing and Mumbai team did an awesome job on that song..simply fabulous😊

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".