Ashaji's marks - justified?- Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

38

Views

3.5k

Users

21

Likes

8

Frequent Posters

mbharat2007 thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Explorer Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#31

BOTTOM LINE:

Despite the mistakes in marking (or biase as some people argue!), Maharashtra's performance was superior to UP. Maharastra were the deserving winners of the contest.
433796 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#32
I know one thing, UP singers were phata baans or chalta phirta singer and they had to sing melodious songs, so it was obvious they would fail. Maharashtra performance were not great too, they were average but UP's singing was below average. So, winner is best of worst. But I commend Twinkle for giving her 100% effort unlike her other 2 partners. Lack of preparation was very much showing in their performances.
zapman thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Explorer Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#33

Originally posted by: rock-on

Asha Bhosle discouraged twinkle & Poonam from the very begining. She commented for Twinle about dance clothes, and how fame has reached her head etc. Totally biased. If twinle is good looking and Vaishali is not, how Twinle is responsible for that. I can say by her gesture she didnt like Poonam at all. The reasons are best known to her. Moreover, it is fact that Raj Thakre supported vaishali in C2007 and she is an active memebr and supporter of MNS.

Just saw last week's episodes, and have to say I COMPLETELY AGREE with your viewpoint.
Asha-ji's every gesture, expression, body language was targeted at discouraging Twinkle and Poonam. She was radiating some sort of anti-vibe towards them from the very beginning. She never had a single encouraging word for them. Her score on 7 on Sat for Poonam was deliberately low to keep Maharashtra in a clear lead. She made it impossible for Hemant to bridge the 4 point gap, no matter how well he sang. Poonam deserved a 9, IMO.
Tut, tut, Asha-ji. We expected better from you. You were a total hypocrite - saying I"m not regional, and yet behaving totally regional.
p.s. just thought I'd let you'll know that I am from Mumbai.......not pre-biased towards UP
Edited by zapman - 16 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
18th Anniversary Thumbnail Trailblazer Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
#34

Originally posted by: zapman

Just saw last week's episodes, and have to say I COMPLETELY AGREE with your viewpoint.
Asha-ji's every gesture, expression, body language was targeted at discouraging Twinkle and Poonam. She was radiating some sort of anti-vibe towards them from the very beginning. She never had a single encouraging word for them. Her score on 7 on Sat for Poonam was deliberately low to keep Maharashtra in a clear lead. She made it impossible for Hemant to bridge the 4 point gap, no matter how well he sang. Poonam deserved a 9, IMO.
Tut, tut, Asha-ji. We expected better from you. You were a total hypocrite - saying I"m not regional, and yet behaving totally regional.
p.s. just thought I'd let you'll know that I am from Mumbai.......not pre-biased towards UP

Mr. Zapman I thought in Mumbai everyone is used to all the nautanki and drama on TV.😆
Do you think that Ashaji was instructed by Zee in advance to make sure Twinkle and gang lose?
But even if she makes them lose there is no reason to say nasty things.
I have seen the performances on the tube but not the show.
380701 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#35
Mr. Summer
Why you are not accepting the fact that AB was biased in juding the sho and so was Sadhana Sargam in favour of Gujrat. We dont know whether Zee instructed her for something but it was evident that she was totally biased towards UP team from the word go. Moreover, if we critisize her decision of AB, how come we are being nasty to her. Your comment is totally uncalled for.
Edited by rock-on - 16 years ago
mintyblue thumbnail
18th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago
#36
Mhaarashra's simgers are slightly better than U.P.'S but they were better on saturday(U.P.) vaishaliu is highly overrated singer. I would place her and Twinkle at same level. Poonam is better than both.
mind-googling thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#37
Asha Bhonsle came up with two big shockers, both involving Rohit.

Coming from Ashaji we expect a 10-pointer to be for the rarest of the rare. The Vaishali-Rohit duet got a perfect 10 😲! Even Vaishali, considered separately, was not that good, though she was very good. Adding Rohit's singing with his sorry state of vocal affairs, the judgement appears bizarre and baffling.

A bigger shock was yet to come. Rohit's solo was given an 8! He was out of tune (besura} through and through, from the first to the last word during that performance. But, Ashaji, who is generally hard to please and fussy about the minutest of mistakes, completely ignored that. She praised him, in fact!

For some reason, Ashaji's judgement was pretty erratic and impulsive last week. Bias would be the last thing I'd believe to be the reason.

PS: My intention was not to be harsh on Rohit. I know the adolescence factor and all that. I believe he'll be okay in a couple of years.
mdroy thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
#38
Forget the marks -- Ashaji gave Hemant the best gift of all -- her REMARKS which contained the truth. She said what so many of us are thinking, namely that Hemant is wasting his God given talent by doing these shows rather than seriously practicing. She did him the biggest favor by having him lose. Twinkle and and Poonam also need serious practice, their voices were both shaky on sur. It is clear that Vaishali is in full practice mode. Not sure about Kaushik, though he sounded ok. Rohit is going through some voice change so he was not that good but I know from his previous performances he has some classical base.
Edited by mdroy - 16 years ago
desicrowd thumbnail
19th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
#39

Originally posted by: Summer3

She is not bad but not really her fan.
Prefer Priyanka, though she still has to polish up but is still young and has the potential.
Shreyasi and Prateeksa also have great potential.

Summerji aap kaunsi Vaishali ki baat kar rahe hai? I hope its not the Sureshji's chimni...this is the bigger Vaishali...
and I can't believe why ppl are bringing regionalism and political names here when the talk is about singing...Acc to me Twinkle no where stands close to Vaishali...Twinkles choice and range of song was way easier than Vaishali....and at the end the more deserving team won....

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".