Frequent Posters

Shazia_haya thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: -Nikasha-

How was it? ^

I made a strawberry smoothie today.

it turned out better than i thought!
now i am confident with chicken! lol
i know it was just once, but still i am confident now coz i think there was just one thing maybe i was worried abt so didn't make chicken before (i live on my own na, so i cook all my stuff, don't like getting takeaways/ eating out just for me, if i am with friends then that is no problem, otherwise i don't get takeaways or eating out, so i cook all my stuff) but yesterday i made it so i made smth else today, chicken wraps! lol
i love wraps and it turned out niiiiiiiiiiiiiice :D

i bought half kg of chicken breast so that is basically 2 breasts. yesterday i used half breast, today the other half. i still have one whole to go. hope i manage to finish it within 10days coz it ain't good to keep it for tooooo long na. thing is i had daal salan made too the other day. so i still have 1-2 meal's worth of it. so have to finish that as well. and the chicken i made today, from it i could make two wraps easily. but i had just one today so i still have one of that to go. so basically that is 3 days' worth dinner in total. i shouldn't be cooking till wed at least! lol

hmm are u in uk by any chance? :)

just asking. u don't have to answer if u r not comfortable. :)

friends? :)

before i end up getting us off the topic, lol, we can PM each other if u want to :)

Nikasha. thumbnail
I don't live in UK -- I live in the US.

Sure, lets be friends... I'll send you a friend request. :)

I am a bit busy now, but I shall send you a PM soon.
Amina90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Interesting topic 😊 I've just recently started coming to this forum, its a fun topic. Well i made kitchdi with khari and fish with spicy potatoe chips. I also marinaded chicken tikka for tomorrow (so it will be easier tomorrow since i will just have to cook the chicken and make chapattis).
I'll come here tomorrow to read what everyone has cooked 😆 But seriously its a good way to get ideas if you have no idea on what to cook.
Shazia_haya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amina90

Interesting topic 😊 I've just recently started coming to this forum, its a fun topic. Well i made kitchdi with khari and fish with spicy potatoe chips. I also marinaded chicken tikka for tomorrow (so it will be easier tomorrow since i will just have to cook the chicken and make chapattis).
I'll come here tomorrow to read what everyone has cooked 😆 But seriously its a good way to get ideas if you have no idea on what to cook.

haha :) and thanks :)

true not a bad idea to get ideas from. lol

well but i need ideas to first STOP flooding into my head. lol coz if i cook smth while i still have other things to eat, then something might need to go into the bin coz i live on my own. if i cook lots of things together, can't finish them all so quick! lol yesterday i bought some okra to make some bhindi salan. i was waiting for my chicken wrap to finish and daal salan, chicken wrap finished today. daal will hopefully finish tomorrow. so i can cook bhindi salan tomorrow or thursday. i also feel like making gobi ka salan and fried rice (vegetable and maybe some chicken-want to experiment a little here with chicken lol) see? watch where i am going...lol i need to STOP and be patient. make okra salan. then in the weekend make fried rice! lol and then gobi ka salan AFTER fried rice is finished.

hmm oh yeah, i have also got ingredients ready for chaane ka chaat! lol since the last 2 weeks it's all ready. i just need to get myself to spend time making it! lol  some of the ingredients obviously can't stay that durable, so i use them up but buy them again just in case if i get into the mood to make chaane chaat. lol  well i do wanna make it but just can't get into the mood yet. lol

hmm how do you make your chaane chaat? there are many ways of making it. i put chaane chaat masala (though i think for me that ain't good, that kind of masala is just not good for my body system i think, i can have it without it and i would still love it, but once i have tasted chaane chaat with chaane chaat masala mixed into it, i just have to have that only lol but i do not like from the takeaway at all, theirs just got TOOOOOOO much masala on it and it just looks way too different)

lol i guess this is getting toooooo long. lol hope i didn't confuse you or anybody else anywhere :$

i'm sorry if i did :)

sumra

Amina90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sumra since you live on your own its hard to cook just for one, you just end up making more. You know what you should do if you have food left over, ask friends who are on their own too and cant cook or dont like to cook if they would like to have some of your food. That way you wont have too much food left over and will be able to eat what you want. Another thing, since you seem to have a lot of ideas of what to make (more than me 😆) then  plan to make fresh food every other day instead of everyday, that way you also get a bit of freetime too. Now my problem is since i have to cook for my family not everyone likes the same food. So sometimes i end up making two dishes and have quite a bit left over. Yesterday i asked everyone what they would like to eat, they said they dont mind, whatever, so i made kheema and chapattis. They werent all exactly happy. It was a good thing i had aloo gobi left over from the previous day, so everyone was ok. Another thing you could try is to freeze it, so whenever you're very busy and dont have time to cook you could always defrost that. Hope this helped.
Shazia_haya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amina90

Sumra since you live on your own its hard to cook just for one, you just end up making more. You know what you should do if you have food left over, ask friends who are on their own too and cant cook or dont like to cook if they would like to have some of your food. That way you wont have too much food left over and will be able to eat what you want. Another thing, since you seem to have a lot of ideas of what to make (more than me 😆) then  plan to make fresh food every other day instead of everyday, that way you also get a bit of freetime too. Now my problem is since i have to cook for my family not everyone likes the same food. So sometimes i end up making two dishes and have quite a bit left over. Yesterday i asked everyone what they would like to eat, they said they dont mind, whatever, so i made kheema and chapattis. They werent all exactly happy. It was a good thing i had aloo gobi left over from the previous day, so everyone was ok. Another thing you could try is to freeze it, so whenever you're very busy and dont have time to cook you could always defrost that. Hope this helped.

hiya sorry for the late reply. had some things come up the past few days.
today i finally made chaane chaat! lol :D
though i did end up putting a bit too much tamarind juice this time :$ and i did not have any fresh coriander leaves to put either. oh well doesn't matter. it did turn out nice nevertheless. though i never added any salt. i forgot if i added some last time or not. lol i think i did not. because i was meant to put some salt, if salt was missing, i would have felt it na? and then i had thought i was meant to put tomatoe as well... but i didn't end up putting one coz i could not recall if that's how made it the last time. lol
well it still turned out good enough. so nothing to worry about. lol

and nah, i don't have any friends who live on their own. lol coz i am not in uni yet. in uni, it's more likely to find friends who r on their own. but i am just in year 12 now. lol ain't a normal thing here to find a student in just year 12 and who live on her own :$

hmm usually i cook in bulk purposely. coz i ain't free most of the time. but sometimes, dil aja tha hai to cook this and that as well. lol so that's how i end up with more food. but still, usually they don't go to waste i end up finishing them anyway within the next few days or one way or the other. i can't cook fresh every single day. coz too busy for that :$

hmm so what did you cook recently then? :)