My health went for a toss: Twinkle Bajpai

Posted: 14 years ago

My health went for a toss: Twinkle Bajpai

Ranjib Mazumder / DNA
Wednesday, October 28, 2009 23:59 IST

Mumbai: Twinkle Bajpai shot to fame with prominent roles in daily soaps like Betiyaan and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. However, she has decided not to work in daily soaps anymore as it was taking a toll on her health.

"My health went for a toss. The shooting schedules are very erratic. It is not easy to cope with them. In fact, once I shot for 35 hours at a stretch. So, I have decided that I will not work in dailies anymore. If it's just for an episode or a short period, I will do it," she said.
Twinkle, who hails from Lucknow, was one of the past contestants of Zee TV's singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. She got noticed in the show and bagged her first serial.

Recently, there was news that she was ousted from Betiyaan due to her tantrums.

However, she had a different story to tell. "I was not thrown out but I chose to leave the show. And I was not throwing any tantrums. If I have been called to shoot for a particular duration, I have the right to leave the set when my time is over. If the shooting starts late, how can I sit for hours on the sets? I was the first one to stand for my rights and the makers did not take it in the right spirit. In fact, the channel always supported me because I was their protg, but they (the production house) never wanted me. When things got really bad, I decided to quit Betiyaan," she said.

Now, she is going to compete with multiple winners of different seasons of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa in Zee TV's Sa re Ga Ma Pa mega challenge.

"I have continued my riyaaz, though it was a little difficult when I used to shoot. But I have always maintained my life as a singer very well and stage shows have been a booster. I am very excited with my comeback on television as a singer," she said.

She added, "I am a trained classical singer and I know my music base is quite strong. I am going to give my best shot."

But how does she manage her livelihood since she is not working in show since Kyunki... went off-air. "My father helps me whenever I am in need of money. But I earn a decent amount of money too from shows. Moreover, I have signed a contract with Vikram Bhatt for a few years as a singer and I receive a particular amount each month. So, I have the liberty of not working in shows when I don't want to," she said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_my-health-went-for-a-toss-twinkle-bajpai_1304286

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Oh Bajpai ji, keep smiling as you look very nice with a smile. ๐Ÿ˜†
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
She did well with GKLB after that I never liked new Laxmi they brought in.....ANyways thanks for sharing this article....

I am looking forward to see Twinkle Bajpai on MC....She might surprise few that she still can sing if she puts her mind to it...B/C at one time she was pretty good...

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

She did well with GKLB after that I never liked new Laxmi they brought in.....ANyways thanks for sharing this article....

I am looking forward to see Twinkle Bajpai on MC....She might surprise few that she still can sing if she puts her mind to it...B/C at one time she was pretty good...

Yep, she started out being good but then consistently degressed after first few episodes.  She was the eternal trishanku of c-05 till she got eliminated.

I was hoping to see Harshit but I guess he is not srgmp.  Still, they could have gotten some better singer from UP - meri apni state hai di aur twinkle pakka watt lagayegi๐Ÿ˜†

I can see her succeeding in soaps though.  She has the looks, attitude and personality for show biz.  She is beautiful but the mahasangram is for singing๐Ÿ˜†  maharashtra ki vaishali dho daleygi ussey๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Yep, she started out being good but then consistently degressed after first few episodes.  She was the eternal trishanku of c-05 till she got eliminated.

I was hoping to see Harshit but I guess he is not srgmp.  Still, they could have gotten some better singer from UP - meri apni state hai di aur twinkle pakka watt lagayegi๐Ÿ˜†

I can see her succeeding in soaps though.  She has the looks, attitude and personality for show biz.  She is beautiful but the mahasangram is for singing๐Ÿ˜†  maharashtra ki vaishali dho daleygi ussey๐Ÿ˜†

UP wale waise bhi baat lagane mein peeche nahin rahte... tumne kis kis ki baat lagayee?๐Ÿ˜†
Summer3 thumbnail
So looks like all the rumours of  Bajpai having "attitude" is incorrect. But she did pretty good eventhough she is not a trained actress. But these days the producers pick up models with no training and dump them into the theatres for a quick buck.
bunbutt_too thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Oh come on folks cut Twinki some slack huh! She probably has done riyyaz every single day since Eak Mei Aur Ek Tu.

The state that should be really concerned is Punjab. Their leader Tarun is a big let down. The man has zero decibles in his vocal chords.  He could not keep up with Yatharth or Twinki in that recent Lil Champs episode. Becharey Rohanpreet aur Mitika koh team kih izzat bachani padegi. 

Finally I hope they are not going to allow any melodrama on this competition. I don't want to hear any emotional stuff because of unmarried sisters, brothers, uncles, aunts, and what have you. This show is for singing and everyone should stick to that. 

Let the games begin!!!
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bunbutt_too

Oh come on folks cut Twinki some slack huh! She probably has done riyyaz every single day since Eak Mei Aur Ek Tu.

The state that should be really concerned is Punjab. Their leader Tarun is a big let down. The man has zero decibles in his vocal chords.  He could not keep up with Yatharth or Twinki in that recent Lil Champs episode. Becharey Rohanpreet aur Mitika koh team kih izzat bachani padegi. 

Finally I hope they are not going to allow any melodrama on this competition. I don't want to hear any emotional stuff because of unmarried sisters, brothers, uncles, aunts, and what have you. This show is for singing and everyone should stick to that. 

Let the games begin!!!

Bunbutt ji I think I expect a lot of masala only if the judges are resident judges. since judges will keep changing there would be less avenues for commercial story tellings. anyway tonight would be the first episode and we can take it from there.

P.S. But Zee has a habit of squeezing in some surprizes.๐Ÿ˜†
bunbutt_too thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Bunbutt ji I think I expect a lot of masala only if the judges are resident judges. since judges will keep changing there would be less avenues for commercial story tellings. anyway tonight would be the first episode and we can take it from there.

^^ Ushee baat kaah durr hain  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bunbutt_too

^^ Ushee baat kaah durr hain  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Hope no more stories of "Maa ka sapna" or "Mujhe shaadi karoge"๐Ÿ˜†