Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjali.nair thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

anjali.nair thumbnail
by sheetald (from mid-day)

Kamya Punjabi
Kamya Punjabi, currently playing Kamya in Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki, has turned down two shows — Saat Phere (Zee) and Ek Ladki Anjani Si (Sony). The latter was offered to her, just two days back.

Speaking to hitList from Baroda where she is spending time with a friend, Kamya says, "Reth and Astitva, both went off air a few days ago, and I wanted to take a break. I could not resist Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki because it was a Rajshri banner plus a good role."

No time, no fun

"I was offered Shweta Kawaatra's role in Saat Phere, when she was moving out. But at that time, I was too busy with Reth and Astitva. Both were culminating around the same time, and there was a lot to do in both. They again offered me Saat Phere, and this time they wanted me to do a
cameo but it didn't excite me."

Ek Ladki Anjani Si offer did not set her adrenalin flowing either. "They wanted me to play a negative role in that show, opposite Vishal Singh. Plus, they wanted me to shoot at a very short notice. They called on Saturday and they wanted me to start shooting from Sunday."

Baroda mein kyun?

Mumbai had become quite depressing for Kamya, since the past few days. Last week, she lost a friend in Kuljeet Randhawa. "Ankur Nayyar called to give the shocking news. I had met Kuljeet about 10 days before she died. She did look a bit low, but I didn't ask her why. I thought maybe she was just physically tired."

Was she aware about Bhanu Uday's presence in Kuljeet's life? Did Kuljeet confide in her? "We were good friends but not so close that we would discuss our personal lives with each other. Hum logon ke line mein koi bhi kisiko kuch nahin batata.

Kiski life kitni bhi f***** kyun na ho, lekin tab bhi hum broad smile lekar ghoomte hain aur kehte hain ki we are very popular and happy. Only Kuljeet can tell us why she committed suicide. Everybody is speculating but I don't think the entire truth will ever be known; it has gone away with Kuljeet."

Baby in 2007

Kamya is married to Bunty Negi since two years. Babies? "Well, I would definitely like to have one, next year," Kamya signs off.

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Fun Galore

Namita Nivas
Posted online: Friday, February 17, 2006 at 0000 hours IST

The sun is at its peak as I reach Magnum Studios at MIDC, Andheri, braving the noon traffic and the February heat. Climbing two floors of the building, I reach the sets of Zee's most popular ongoing teleserial Saat Phere - Saloni Ka Safar, which is based on the life and tribulations of a girl who has a dark complexion but is immensely talented.

There is a lot of activity happening on the sets as the shot is being readied. The place is in utter mess with things scattered everywhere and people talking loudly, but within minutes, everything is organised and cameraman Vijay Varude takes position as Nandita, the proxy director of the day howls for silence. The spot boys gather to have a peak at the scene that is to be canned. The artistes Mohan Bhandari, Rajshri Thakur, Sharad Kelkar, Pratichee Mishra, Poonam Gulati, Aanchal Dwivedi and Mazhar Sayed who were freaking around disperse and take their positions.

While Rajshri Thakur is new to acting on small screen, Pratichee Mishra, Poonam Gulati and Aanchal Dwivedi have been seen in a couple of serials. Mohan Bhandari is still remembered for his performance in Parampara and Mazhar Sayed played Sudha Chandran's second son Anish in Balaji Telefilms' Kaahin Kissi Roz. Sharad Kelkar, who is playing the lead in Saat Phere is also currently acting as Rudr in Sinndoor - Tere Naam Ka on Zee. It is a negative role.

The set is the house of Narpat Singh played by Mohan Bhandari. Since it is a Rajasthani household, the ambience is desgined accordingly. There are Rajasthani motifs everywhere. Puppets and paintings are hanging on one side of the hall while on the other side there is a small temple with a diya burning. On the wall is a painting of Lord Krishna and Radha dancing. The dining table is adjacent to the hall and the kitchen is at the far end. The wall facing the dining table has a painting depicting the Rajasthani culture. The furniture too is very ethnic and there are beautiful lampshades everywhere. On the teapoy, there is a display of candle stands.

The scene gets rolling. Narpat Singh is having a heated conversation with a creditor to whom he owes money he'd borrowed for his daughter Saloni's (Rajshri Thakur) marriage to Nahar Singh (Sharad Kelkar). His wife Ambika (Pratichee Mishra), younger daughter Shubra (Poonam Gulati) and daughter-in-law Kaveri (Aanchal Dwivedi) are with him. Just then Saloni walks in with her husband and everybody is shocked to see them as they don't want the couple to hear the conversation between Narpat and the creditor. As Narpat tries to convince the lender, the others welcome the newly weds and pretend that all is well. But Saloni suspects something amiss. After the greetings and blessings, Ambika says to Nahar, "Jamaisaa, baithiye. Main aapke liye garma garam chai banati hoon."

As she walks towards the kitchen, Narpat adds, "Biscuit bhi lana." Saloni follows her mother. The shot is okayed and everyone breaks into laughter as the line about getting biscuits was added impromptu by Mohan Bhandari who grins and says, "Abhi to biscuit laana hi hoga. Par kaunsa?" To which, Aanchal winks, "Anti-Marie." And again there is a roar of laughter as Mohan Bhandari says, "Please see that the chai is adrakwali." Pratichee comes out shouting, "Arrey koi AC shuru karo." A lot of banter later, the shot is okayed after three takes by Nandita who has taken charge in the absence of director Vijay Pande who had shot till late the previous night.

Rashmi Sharma, the creative head, briefs us about the goings-on. Narpat Singh is unable to pay back the money he has borrowed as he has lost his job and his son Samar is unable to find one. All this happens immediately after the arrest of Saloni, who is suspected to have killed Somesh on her wedding day. The family is being humiliated by one and all and no one wants to be associated with them.

Initially though, Rashmi admits, there was a lot of apprehension amongst the viewers as well as the makers as the protagonist was dusky and so was being treated badly even by her own mother. Nobody was willing to marry her. Saloni had to bear a lot of mental trauma before she was spotted and selected by Tara for her brother-in-law Nahar. The guy falls in love with Saloni for her simplicity and now he has pledged to take care of her, come what may. Rashmi adds that the serial has picked up after the marriage of Saloni with the TRPs reaching 3.5, a big thing on Zee.

Vijay Pande endorses the same. During a telephonic conversation, the director says that he joined the team midway but since he has taken over, the serial has undergone a lot of changes, for the better. Though there are demands from the channel, the serial has clicked very well, he adds. Saat Phere is produced by Comall and Sunjoy Waddhwa.

Meanwhile, as the shot is being readied for the next scene, the women sit on the sofa and Rajshri begins to hum, 'Tera mujhse hai pehle ka naata koi ...' and Pratichee continues, 'Yunhi nahin dil lubhata koi ..." The mood is playful. On the other side, Nandita and cameraman can the closeup shots with Rajshri and Sharad. That over, the two nudge each other and laugh at a private joke. Mohan, Poonam and Mazhar are chatting at the dining table when a spot boy breaks a glass of tea and he comes in for some ragging.

For the first shot, Rajshri is wearing a green coloured half-saree over a pink ghaghra and brocade blouse. She is wearing a long mangalsutra and heavy jewellery with sindoor adorning her hair. Sharad is in a three-piece suit. Mazhar who was wearing a mango-coloured pullover, is asked to change into a green cotton shirt required for the continuity shot. Aanchal, in a brocade backless blouse, see-through saree in dark maroon and heavy jewellery, is very impressive. Hers is a negative character in the serial but the lady is very charming and liked by all on the sets. When she is not required for a shot, she makes herself comfortable on the sofa and reads a magazine.

According to Rajshri, her costumes may undergo a change soon and she is hopeful of getting a better look as a new bride. The costumes for the serial are by Ritu Deora and Shahid Amir is the costume director.

It is past break hour and Rajshri's lunch has not yet arrived. Her concerned fiance calls to enquire if she has eaten. Just then she gets a call from the delivery boy who tells her he cannot locate the studio and has reached Marol instead. Rajshri gives him the directions again and when he says he can be at the studio only after 3 pm, she is aghast. Her growling stomach brings out the worse in her and as she fires the boy. Mazhar and Poonam chide her. Rajshri winks at them playfully. Finally her veg biryani arrives at 4 pm but the famished lady is not allowed to relish her meal as she is wanted for the next shot. Reluctantly putting away the plate, Rajshri goes to give her shot, in the next room. It is the set of a police station where Nahar comes to visit Saloni. They are seated on a bench and Saloni, in tears, is apologetic and tells Nahar that she is the reason everyone is ridiculing him for. But he lovingly convinces her not to worry about him. For this scene, Saloni has changed to a beige-coloured ghaghra and a bandhani half-saree in dark maroon and green while Nahar is in a black coloured suit.

As the lovey-dovey scene is being shot, I decide its time to leave the couple and the lovely sets
http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=12014
canada87 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Rakesh Bapat joins the filmi bandwagon
into tellydom!

Remember the dead fianc of Sandali Sinha in Tum Bin? Or you perhaps remember his

Rakesh Bapat: small screen debut

performances in Kaun Hai Jo Sapno Mein Aaya, Wrong Number? Missed him? No problem, the lad has embraced the small screen and we are sure to see more of him on the idiot box.

Rakesh is doing Sanjay Wadhwa's next venture tentatively titled Run or Saloni, and will start shooting from end of July or early August. This show will be a daily for Zee Tv and will be directed by Rakesh Sarang.

Arshad Warsi has done it and so has Apurva Agnihotri, even Sanjay Kapoor, Jugal Hansraj and Mukul Dev have turned towards the small screen after debacles on the bigger version...so why should Rakesh be far behind?

It has not been smooth sailing for Rakesh. Our sources tell us that he was dropped both from Contiloe's Le Jayenge Le Jayenge and Aruna Irani's Rabba Ishq na Hovey! His television debut seemed jinxed until Sanjay Wadhwa's show happened.

Rakesh Bapat: make hay when the sun shines!

"I don't know if it is jinxed, but surely there were problems. As far as Le Jayenge...is concerned, I had date problems. Basically both the shows didn't happen because of miscalculations," says Rakesh, who was replaced by Amit Khanna, who is anchor with ETC, in Le Jayenge... and Nikhil Arya in Rabba...

But we have got a very different version from our sources. Supposedly, Rakesh Bapat was rejected by the channel on one account and on the other the production house had reservations about his emoting abilities. The buzz is that whenever he opens his mouth, his acting skills vanish!

Will Rakesh make it big on the telly? Meanwhile, what reamins to be seen is how far his looks are going to take him!

monika.goel thumbnail

Sharad Kelkar

Sharad Kelkar injured

The Sindoor...star is rushed to hospital after the accident

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Sharad Kelkar's working day ended in disaster yesterday on the sets of Sindoor Tere Naam Ka, when he was seriously injured on the sets and had to be rushed to hospital. Sharad lost his balance and slipped, landing on a glass table. The glass of tea he had been holding in his hand broke into pieces and slit his fore-arm. The actor was bleeding profusely when he was rushed to the hospital.

"I had just finished my shot and was looking for a chair near the monitor," says Kelkar. "The ground was wet and slippery due to the rains."

"I was in terrible pain, despite taking painkillers," he adds.  "The cuts were very deep, although stitches were not required. I also took a tetanus shot." However, he did not cancel his shoot. "I didn't want my producer to suffer," he says.

Incidentally, his wife Keerti Gaikawad Kelkar was shooting with him. She went into shock after the accident.  "It's scary to see anyone going through so much pain, says Keerti. "I felt so helpless, standing by and seeing him in agony."

Kelkar even shot the serial for an hour, after being bandaged "However, I've promised Keerti that I'll be taking it easy for a couple of days," he says.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;sectname=Television&sess=600935528

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
harleen grewal thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Saat Phere is a story of a girl's struggles against the stigmas forced upon her by society and her quest for her unique identity.
Genre: Drama

(2005 - 2006) - Rajshri Thakur, Rakesh Bapat

Saath Phere
Summary

One such story was of Saloni, a dark complexioned 24 year old. It did not matter that she was actually beautiful, hugely talented with a scope to make a name for herself. But it did matter a lot to her mother Ambika that Saloni was dark. Ambika was very partial to Saloni's younger sister Shubra because she was fair & brother Samar because he was the only male child. Getting Saloni married was a huge burden for Narpat and Ambika. Everytime the grooms' side had either declined Saloni or asked for an exceptionally huge dowry that her father could not afford. Until Nahar Singh a good looking rich rajput chooses Saloni over Shubhra when he had actually came to see Shubhra. Saloni gets married to Nahar only to realise that there is life beyond marriage. Destiny had its own plans for her. Saloni participates in a show Sa Re Ga Ma & wins it. Saloni is now on the threshold of becoming a singing star leaving behind all hindrinces. The very dark colour complexion which causes her to remain in the background of the marriage market in life now promises to fill her life with many hues of happiness

More photos of Saath Phere >>>

CAST:

Neena Gupta
Rajeshree Thakur
Rakesh Bapat
Shweta Kawatra
Mohan Bhandari
Anand Suryavanshi
Sadia Siddiqui
Akshay Anand
Ashlesha
Sharad Kelkar
Surekha Sikri
Mazher Sayedd
Poonam Gulati

Writing credits
Purnendu Shekhar
Rajesh Dubey

Original music

Cinematography by

Directed by
Rakesh Sarang
Rajan Shahi
Vijay Pandey

Produced by
Sunjoy Wadhwa
Edited by harleen grewal - 18 years ago
anjali.nair thumbnail
Ashlesha Sawant blacks out on set (mid-day.com)
   By: Tushar Joshi
   April 1, 2006

Ashlesha Sawant
The latest victim of set accidents is Saat Phere's Tara.

Ashlesha Sawant, who plays the role, narrowly escaped a major injury when the light from a cutter stand came loose and fell on her head. Sawant was sitting on a chair with her back to the stand when it fell.

Between shots

"It happened suddenly. One moment, I was sitting quietly, the next, my head was covered in blood." It was a normal day at shoot for her, and Sawant was relaxing between shots. "It must have been loose, as usually, they are careful with the equipment. It hit me so badly, I blacked out for a moment."

Ashlesha was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was treated for her injuries. "I have an immense pain in my head, lower back and neck. I have been popping painkillers and surviving. But I think the situation is much better now."

Bed rest

The actress has been advised complete bed rest. "I recently got a CT scan done. Thankfully, the results were normal, but I will be getting another done in a week."

Till then, Sawant is relaxing. "My production guys have been really understanding. They have asked me to rest and take care of my health."

monika.goel thumbnail

Life after Kyunki...

After Savita's death, Apara Mehta joins the cast of Saat Phere

Kunal M Shah

Apara as Kaki in Saat Phere

Just when everyone was wondering what Apara Mehta aka Savita of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi would do after her exit from the show, she went ahead and signed Zee TV's Saat Phere where she will be playing an  aunt (Kaki) who has returned from the US.

Her character which has negative and humorous shades will make a grand entry on this Friday's episode. The shoot for the same starts today. The producer of the show Sunjoy Waddhwa says, "It's a very vital character which will add twists to the story. Kaki is essentially a negative character which will be funny sometimes. But her character hates Saloni and humiliates her at the slightest provocation."

Apara look will undergo a change. Her look is different from that in Kyunki... She wears bright saris and has a wig in this serial.

"Everybody has been asking me what I am doing next. Frankly, I wanted to keep it in under wraps till the time I start shooting. But I start shooting today so I guess its okay. I always knew that I would never take up anything mediocre. So when they narrated the character to me, I got very excited and agreed."

Was she skeptical about accepting a role with negative shades after playing a character like Savita in Kyunki… "Savita was real, but had shades of black and white. When I did something villainous, audiences would question me about it. When I was shown in good light (when I opposed Tulsi for talking law in her hand by killing Ansh) people questioned me about that too. So, people always thought that my character was grey. Accepting the role of Kaki is not so different then, is it?"

What about the expectations that she has to live up to post-Kyunki? "I was in a similar situation when I finished with Ek Mahal Ho Sapano Ka which ran for 1000 episodes. I never thought that anything bigger would come my way, but Kyunki… happened. Kyunki ... was perhaps one of the biggest shows ever done. I have done about 28,000 episodes on television in my ten years of television and hopefully there are better things awaiting me."

Denying rumours about problems with Smriti Irani or Ekta Kapoor which promoted her exit from the serial, Apara says, "Savita, Mihir, Ba and Tulsi are the mail pillars of Kyunki and if they wanted Tulsi to go behind bars and Mihir to go against Tulsi they needed a huge twist in the plot. Ekta had to get inventive with the script. I have no problems with Balaji and am confident that they will offer me something in the future. As for Smriti, we have been friends for over six years now and I don't believe that she is in any way responsible for getting me out of the show."

Was she flooded with offers after her role in Kyunki…ended? "Offers have been pouring in and I am enjoying this phase. It feels good. I think people never believed that I would actually be out. But for now I am looking forward to Saat Phere," she says.

•  I have done about 28,000 episodes on television in my ten years and hopefully there are better things awaiting me

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;sectname=Television&sess=688867839

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail

Nothing slapdash about this scene

Actor Sharad Kelkar floors his heroine Gunjan Walia with a slap that landed too hard

Sapana Patil

Sharad Kelkar and Gunjan Walia in Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

Our soaps are defined by the ubiquitous slap. Whether it's a family fight or a professional jealousy, most soap operatic feelings are vented through the slap. Naturally, most on-screen slaps are fake, delivered in the air.

Recently, however, there was this case of a real slap on the sets of Zee TV's Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka. Gunjan Walia and Sharad Kelkar (Naina and Rudr) were shooting for a scene in which Naina was trying to rape Rudr (a la Priyanka Chopra in Aitraaz). This scene was followed by Rudr slapping Naina.

Now Sharad probably wanted to give his best shot. So he put all his emotions behind the slap. The result was a stunned Gunjan being floored.

Gunjan recalls the incident, "Yes I fell down after Sharad hit me. Actually, I was not feeling well that day. Moreover, I had not eaten anything and was anyway feeling weak towards the end of the day. But I continued to shoot because it was an important scene and we wanted it to be shot well. Sharad, by mistake, slapped me so hard that I lost my balance and landed on the floor."

She adds, "Sharad apologised to me for his roughness. But the funniest part was that the unit loved the scene – for its natural look! Of course, the shot was approved in one take! Had Sharad slapped me harder, I would not have been able to shoot that day!"

Kelkar laughs when asked about the incident. "It was a cheat-shoot. I just had to swing my arm towards her face and create an impression that I was slapping her," he says. "But she made the mistake of covering her face with her hand. This increased the impact of the slap, and she fell down. Her falling was a part of the script – only, here she didn't have to put on an act!"

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;sectname=Television&sess=688967379Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
Exoctica thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Goodwill galore

Sharad Kelkar is on good terms with the production houses he's working with. Currently he's doing two dailes on Zee, Sindoor Tere Naam Ka and Saat Phere which understandably is very hectic. Consequently, there are times when he is unable to complete the requisite scenes of Sindoor ... in a single day. He is called the next day to shoot the remaining scenes and Sharad, being a dedicated actor, doesn't charge a single penny for the extra day. When actors' fees is in lieu with the time they spend on the sets, Sharad's sincerity and discipline is admirable.