Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Mazher Sayedd will be the new face of Samar in Zee daily, Saat Phere. Mazher replaces Anand Suryavanshi, who quit the show within a few days of its launch last month. The serial has the character of Samar playing the doting brother of main protagonist, Saloni (Rajshree Thakur).

Yesterday was Day One of Mazher's shoot at Magnum Studios. "I made my television debut as Anish, in Kahiin Kissi Roz. My first day of shooting was here; now, for Saat Phere, I am back shooting at the same location. Life has come full circle," says the actor, who was also seen as Dr Walia in the afternoon show, Kesar, earlier this year.

Anand's raw deal

According to producer Sunjoy Waddhwa, "The reason for Anand's exit was he thought he was getting a raw deal. But it was made clear to him from the beginning that Rakesh Bapat was the main male lead. At the same time, being Saloni's brother in the drama meant that he, too, had a lot to do in the show."

Samar's track

Explains creative head Mitu, about Samar's track, "Samar has been shown caught between the responsibilities of a son, brother and husband. His family does not want him to marry the woman he loved.

They wanted him to marry someone else, who will bring a fat dowry that will enable his sister Saloni's marriage. Ultimately, Samar does marry the woman of his choice, Kaveri (Aanchal Dwivedi). So there is also the track of his family's relationship with Samar and his wife."

Mazher is slated to make an entry in Saat Phere in the last week of November. "I was last seen on TV in Kamini Damini and Kesar. In fact, I was on the way for a modelling assignment when I received a call for Saat Phere I took a U-turn and went straight to the production office," he says.

Twists and turns

Saat Phere, which is set in Rajasthan, is about the journey of Saloni, a dusky girl who overcomes colour prejudice to emerge successful. Incidentally, besides Samar's replacement, the daily also had a string of directors.

First, Rakesh Sarang was replaced by Sapna Joshi Waghmare and later by Rajan Shahi.

"Rakesh was busy with his other show, Hare Kkanch Ki Choodiyaan, so he could not continue. Sapna had agreed to direct for only a limited period; now, Rajan directs Saat Phere," says Waddhwa.

And will the show's dusky duckling turn into a beautiful swan? "It's a daily show, and there can be several twists in it," he adds.

Who is Mazher Sayedd?

Began acting while in Mithibai College; later did theatre with Kader Khan and Salim Ghouse.
2. Played Anish in Kahiin Kissi Roz (Star Plus), Rocky in Kuch Jukhi Palkhein (Sony), Dr Walia in Kesar (Star Plus) and acted in Kamini Damini (SaharaOne).
3. Is also a model.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonpapri thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the info.......... 👏

i have last 2 episodes of this serial n found it interesting.

son
resh2000 thumbnail
Thanks for the info and I am so glad that we have the forum started for this show.

Is anybody updating this show from India
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Anyone have a pic of the new guy?
jasmin thumbnail
thanks! I hope Anand has more work on his plate!