Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: souro

Yeah even I was confused with your Introverted score. You surely don't seem very introverted on the net.

I think they consider being selective akin to being introvert.  There were loads of questions on socializing and we prefer to socialize in smaller groups at our place rather than big pot lucks so common in the US.  Based on my answers to those multiple questions - may be they deduced that I am an introvert - something that I so not in rl or vl😆

Another thing - being extrovert doesn't have to always mean partying like crazy.  To me, being an extrovert means I can communicate with total strangers also - a quality that is a pre-req if one wants to be a great auditor.  There's no way around meeting and working with new clients.  Take for example the nature of my job - each month I meet the country controllers and finance personnel of a different country - folks who happen to work for the same company as I but total strangers to me otherwise.  I am totally comfortable talking to them, working with them, forming a rapport with them.  To me - that is something an extrovert can accomplish.  One doesn't need to be a party aninmal to be an extrovert.  Hence, my utter surprise when that part of my personality was presented to me.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I think social definitions and clinical definitions of introvert and extrovert are very different. G-Unit, you are right that they do consider selectiveness to be introversion. Technically introversion is nothing but choosing solitude or small groups over larger gatherings. People simply misconstrue it as being shy or loners.

A lot of people in rl or vl assume that I am shy, awkward and a loner. However, those who know me know that is not the case and I am actually pretty friendly, outgoing and sociable. I just do not care much to interact with people unless I really like them. I'm completely happy with the high introversion ratings I usually score.
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
As far as psycometric tests go, in uni i did MBTI
Myers Brigg Type Indicator and came out as ISTJ