What to wear with a sari (or not)

trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 14 years ago

What accessories do you wear with a sari, and what wouldnt you wear? 

I generally dont wear them, but I would wear just a pair of earrings and a sleek chain, not a lot.   With matching bag. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Jiya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

i have never worn a saree 😆😆
but if i do .. i would wear a nice big earrings ..
earrings that would stand out :)
i wouldn't wear a necklace ..
and i lovee my bangless ..
andd a little clutch bag 😃

Edited by .Jiya. - 14 years ago
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I would wear dangly pretty earrings that stand out, the kind I wouldn't normally wear😆
and bangles
Or I'd go the other route and wear a delicate chain and pair of studs
If it's my wedding saree, then LOTS of other jewellery😆
Jiannax143 thumbnail
i usually wear chandelier earrings or something of that sort as in long and big.. i love statement jewelry i always have my rings on me lol no matter what and i also have to wear bangles because i'm married

if i'm wearing a saree for a family event then i have to wear a necklace but if it's not for a family event and it's jsut a party like a sweet sixteen and what not..i don't really care..might wear one
i guess its way more simple if you aren't married cause you aren't obliged to look good cause people aren't staring you down lol😆
Edited by shopah0lic_xo - 14 years ago
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I would wear bangles, earrings and maybe a small necklace. If the sari is plain I would wear more jewellery otherwise only chudiyan and earrings. A matching bag and nice shoes would fill the bill. Ofcourse a nice bindi will look good too😳
trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: shopah0lic_xo

i usually wear chandelier earrings or something of that sort as in long and big.. i love statement jewelry i always have my rings on me lol no matter what and i also have to wear bangles because i'm married

if i'm wearing a saree for a family event then i have to wear a necklace but if it's not for a family event and it's jsut a party like a sweet sixteen and what not..i don't really care..might wear one
i guess its way more simple if you aren't married cause you aren't obliged to look good cause people aren't staring you down lol😆

I dont know abt that shopaholic, because those who arent married probably feel they have to look good in case they meet someone haha.   It all depends. 
Jiannax143 thumbnail

Originally posted by: trina1

I dont know abt that shopaholic, because those who arent married probably feel they have to look good in case they meet someone haha.   It all depends. 

lol that's true too but you don't have to do anything you don't want to
if you don't want to wear bangles it's fine.. you don't have to lol..you don't even need to wear jewelry if you don't want to....in my case....you kind of have to..well i have to at least cause apparently jewelry symbolizes that you're married especially bangles
lol you don't want all those aunties talking about you..even if you're single and you meet someone i don't think they would really focus on the accessories as much😆 lol just saying
Sigma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i normally wear big chandelier type earings, no necklace and sometimes bangles depending on my mood
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Big earrings, bangles, & heels!

Reine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

i have worn a saree just once for my school's traditional day where everywhere had to compulsorily wear their cultural dresses.

i like keeping the jewellery to a minimum coz as it is the saree is a pain! cant handle it. lol
so a simple but elegant necklace along with matching medium sized dangling earings would do just fine. along with that my rings which i wear with or without any occassion. lol
even lil heels would go well. :D
Edited by kash fan4ever - 14 years ago