Rakhi to play mother mary (rakhi article)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Controversy queen Rakhi Sawant is about to take her love for Christianity to another level altogether. She is turning television producer with a show based on the the Bible for a channel that she calls her maika (mother's home). The serial is tentatively titled, The Holy Bible. And hold your breath. Rakhi will play Mother Mary in the show.

Confirming the news, Rakhi says, "I'll start my own television production with The Holy Bible. I want it to be as comprehensive as shows that are based on the Ramayana and the Mahabharata. Jesus Christ has changed my life and I want to spread his message."

While Rakhi is casting herself as Jesus's mother Mary, she already has a wish list of actors who she would want to play Jesus. "Mother Mary has always been my idol. Ideally, I want Salman or Hrithik to play Jesus. But they won't do it. Kunal Kapoor has the intensity to play Jesus. If I don't get any of them, I'll cast a newcomer. I want this serial to give me the respectability and sanctity that I crave. Whatever I do in life now is in the name of Jesus. The day I embraced Jesus, I swore to never harm anyone," says Rakhi.

Currently, Rakhi is busy with the research work for the forthcoming show. She plans to launch her production house along with the serial by the year end.

Rakhi admits she's down to just exchanging pleasantries with Elesh Parujanwala, to whom she was engaged for a brief while through the reality show, Rakhi Ka Swayamvar. "After our second reality show together, Pati Patni or Woh, Elesh has gone back to Canada. Now I'm only concerned about my serial on the Bible. I want it to be as passionate as the film, The Passion of the Christ. I want the world to know that Jesus belongs to not just one community. He's for everyone. He died on the Cross so that we could have a life. My reality show, Rakhi Ka Swayamvar boosted the channel's TRPs. My forthcoming show on the Bible will take them to the No 1 slot."

The channel was unavailable for comment.

• I want Salman or Hrithik to play Jesus. But they won't do it – Rakhi Sawant