petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

THis is a pm that a llot of members recently received from my Chat clubs ... a male member of my chat club also received this pm πŸ˜•

the same person had a different id and sent the same pm to another friend in a CC a while ago !

This is by newbies with Zero posts but just spam on pms

this is repeated spam...

although monitoring newbies cannot be an easy task, can some restrictions be brought about on spamming capacity in pms for a given hour for specific problem zones??

SOme of us are also facing sufficient stalker problems in CCs due to the "My Posts" button. WHile it is interesting to see IF try and make great strides in the social networking zones, a certain amount of security features to protect members should also be brought in. Would it be possible to restrict the My Posts visibility to the Friend list and the Dev team alone?

Expanding without tackling user security features only makes us users vulnerable to stalking among other unenviable tasks πŸ˜• Edited by carolinecj - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

petticoat thumbnail
Oh i see the My posts currently not viewable!

but please restrict personal information viewability to friends only

Angelic_J thumbnail

You should report such PMs to global moderators so they can ban such creepy members :)

And I don't agree that my posts is a security problem coz all it does is group your posts together which are visible to anyone on the internet anyways whether or not they are groupedπŸ˜•
petticoat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angelic_J

<FONT face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">You should report such PMs to global moderators so they can ban such creepy members :)

And I don't agree that my posts is a security problem coz all it does is group your posts together which are visible to anyone on the internet anyways whether or not they are groupedπŸ˜•</FONT>

oh i knw it shud be reported..but the same person creating new ids is a recurring problem which cannot be solved by just reporting

well the posts are visible anywya.. but there is no necessity for me to go to Ur posts section and see what u have written all over the forum and quote it elsewhere... when targettign a specific user..it becomes a security issue
maybe u havent experience the scenario..but this is another perspective of the same issue
Melissa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I also got this pm caro and so did a friend of mine (trivs). This one is the height of insanity. "i want to do friendship with you' pms were still tolerable, but this one is too much!
psycho_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
if u guys find caros screenshot weird,what would u call this pm??

OFFENSIVE CONTENT REMOVED

and i wont bother requesting mods to ban this person....as anyone can see,this newbie profile with zero posts was specifically created to abuse through pms...so the person maybe an existing IFs member with another account.sorry for the foul language...it isnt suited to my taste either.but well,at least i didnt write it

Edited by vijay - 14 years ago
-Ravenclaw- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
ugghhh..someone PMed you THIS??!! 🀒 Pathetic!!

Now that IF is going on the lines of orkut/FB.....we should have Privacy settings for scrap book...

something should be done about PM service... as well...some weirdos PMing you "will you be my friend" n all ....thats so annoying.. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

but i dunno why we need the My Post button?? πŸ˜•...its just making IF stalker friendly....or like you said..it should be made visible to friends and DT only...

EDIT:-

@adi - WTH??!! 🀒 🀒 🀒 ..ugghh... 🀒 🀒 

Edited by Aditi_MJHT - 14 years ago
-Rinky- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@aditi and caroline

god what sort of Pms are these??

I never received them.. thanx GOd...

but yes security should be increased.. i have personally been a victim Of stalking.... and the My Post option is a no good doer...

a lot of new stuffs are added on I-F but they all look so random.. i have interacted in orkut, they have much better security options these days....
psycho_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aditi_MJHT

ugghhh..someone PMed you THIS??!! 🀒 Pathetic!!

Now that IF is going on the lines of orkut/FB.....we should have Privacy settings for scrap book...

something should be done about PM service... as well...some weirdos PMing you "will you be my friend" n all ....thats so annoying.. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

but i dunno why we need the My Post button?? πŸ˜•...its just making IF stalker friendly....or like you said..it should be made visible to friends and DT only...

EDIT:-

@adi - WTH??!! 🀒 🀒 🀒 ..ugghh... 🀒 🀒 

adi...dunno man..acutally sanu was talking about the same pm this evening...and i felt some kind of a deja vu,coz i thought id read the pm earlier.turns out others have been recipients of that pm as well *rolls eyes*

as for the pm i received,what good will it do to report a fake profile??i simply sent a pm back,minus the foul language.and guess what?the sender didnt have the guts to read it either.

rinky...if something about the pm settings isnt done soon,the day u get such weird pms isnt far off
petticoat thumbnail
i dont think newbies with zero posts shouuld be allowed to pm πŸ˜”