|| Mere Sang || Meet One Shot

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Hey everyone! *waves* I've written a Meet OS after a long time, I guess I've been missing Preet and this song was playing on shuffle and the idea came in my head. Basically this one shot is based from the episode where Lalit very mercilessly hit Preet and blamed him for Prem's alledged death.

This one is dedicated to someone special, someone who probably will never read it, but I still need to dedicate it to her. I'm sure she knows who she is 😊 Love you!

Preet sat there hugging the pillar while the rest of his family watched in horror. Lalit Juneja had been possessed by something. Nothing else could explain the merciless way he was hitting his grown son. Preet sat there, with tears rushing down his face and blood coming through his cough but no one could bare to step in front of Lalit and Preet.

They all watched as Lalit picked up the large stick and started beating his youngest son. This was cruelty and they all knew it was the only way Lalit could grasp the truth that his eldest son, the apple of his eye, Prem was no more in the world.

His only closure was blaming the death on Preet, the reason Prem chose to go but everyone knew this was wrong but only one person stepped up and stopped Lalit.

Mere Sang Toh Chal Zara
Kyun Dhike Dara Dara

"Bas Bauji," Meher said as she ran up to Preet and covered him in a hug. He clung to her and watched in low cast eyes that anger escalate in Lalit's eyes.

"Meher beti, tum jao! Warna..."

Meher shook her head and felt Preet hugged her closer. "Bauji, aap theek nahin kar rahe."

Lalit threw down the stick and watched as Preet shuddered at the sound. "Main isse baad mein dekh lunga,"

Mere Sang Toh Chal Zara
Kyun Dhike Dara Dara

Meher shook her head at everyone else who was approaching Preet. Kulraj nodded and led everyone away.

Meher expected Ashlesha to stay with her but watched in confusion as she also walked away with the rest of the family.

"Ssh, Preet. Kuch nahin hoga. Main hoon tumhare saath."

"Bauji theek kehte hain," He said through his tears.

"Nahin Preet." Meher lifted his head to make him look into her eyes. "Preet, tum kabhi bhi aisa mat sochna. Prem jiju ko bahot dukh hoga,"

Preet unleashed more tears, hearing his brother's name and Meher silently held him close to her. This was all he needed. The realization that someone was there with him. He had Meher to turn to when the pain got too much.

Chal Tujhko Aa Chupalon

Apni Main Bahoon Mein

A little while later Meher stood and saw the longing in Preet's eyes to be protected by her again. "Chalo Preet,"

Preet shook his head and hugged the pillar again. "Mujhe yaheen rehna hoga."

Meher smiled softly. "Tum is ghar ke bete ho na? Chalo upar aapne kamre mein."

Preet reluctantly stood and let Meher lead him up to his room. 

Chal Khwaab Kuch Sajaa Dun
Teri In Nigahon Mein

Next Morning

Preet stood watching his family mourning over his brother. The same brother he idolized. The same brother whom he worshiped. Preet had always aspired to be like Prem but early on he had realized he would never be like Prem, instead he strived to become his own person, someone who everyone adored and wanted to be with and for him that was good enough.

His Prem bhaiyya loved him and for Preet, that was all that mattered.

"Preet, yahaan kyun khade ho?" Meher's voice came from behind him and Preet felt a warm hand on his shoulder.

"Bas, aise hi," He shrugged, wiping away the tears on his cheeks.

"Mere saath neeche chalo." Meher asked, holding out her hand.

Preet looked up from his family to her hand and then into her eyes. He saw her true friendship reflected back and smiled but shook his head. "Nahin Meher. Bauji nahin chathe,"

"Tumhe bauji se nahin darna hain Preet. Chalo," Meher forcefully took Preet's hand in hers and led him down the staircase.

Mein Jo Sang Hun
Tere Rang Hun
Raho Se Teri Chun Lu Mein Khwaab
Har Lamha Yu Guzare
Ke Kehana Na Chahe Pyaar

Everyone's eyes lifted when they heard the footsteps on the marble stairs. Preet kept looking down at his feet afraid of looking into the terrifying eyes of Lalit.

Meher tugged on his hand and he glanced up at her and seeing her reassuring smile helped him regain his confidence as he sat down between Kulraj and Harman.

Kulraj leaned over and whispered something to Preet that made an innocent smile reach his face and a certain fondness in his eyes.

Meher knew from that look that Kulraj had said something good about Prem and seeing that smile on Preet's face gave her a sense of relief.

Haske Zara Saath Teri Hassi Se Mere Kal Ho Haseen
Bas Itna Chahon Mein Is Zindagi Se Zyaada Kuch Nahin

Preet caught Meher's eye across the room and smiled earnestly at her. It was a smile that warmed her heart. Something the old Preet would've done; the old Preet that had disappeared yesterday. 

Everyone watched as Ashlesha walked down the large steps dressed in a colourful salwar suit, holding a large bag at her side.

Veera stood and ran to her. "Ash, tum kahan jaa rahi ho?"

"Mujhe ma ka phone aaya hain Veera. Mujhe jaana hoga," Ashlesha went to Lalit and touched his feet before glancing up at the stairs. "Ma aur Heer di aapne kamre mein hain aur main unhe disturb nahin karna chathi. Main chalti hoon,"

Without another glance Ashlesha strode out of the house and the hurt that Preet felt was something he hadn't experience before.

It wasn't heart break because Preet never truly believed he was in love with Ash, but he did feel like he was losing a friend. Someone he had grown close with; someone he could tell his every feeling too.

He stood quickly and rushed up to his room leaving everyone downstairs wondering what had happened. Everyone except Meher who ran up after him.

She knocked quietly on the door and noticed it was ajar and so she stepped inside. "Main ander aa sakhti hoon?"

"Kyun?" Preet turned from his chair and glanced at her. "Tum bhi sab ki tarah mujhe chor dogi baad mein. Isse behter hain ke tum ab hi chali jao."

"Tum saach mein chahte ho?" Meher asked as she stepped closer to him.

"Haan," Preet's voice faltered then and Meher knew she struck a chord.

"Preet, main tumhari dost hoon na?" She bent down in front of his chair. "Preet main tumhe kabhi nahin chorungi. Humari dosti paaki hain."

Preet glanced up and looked into her truthful eyes. "Tum itni aachi kyun ho Meher?"

Meher sighed. "Pata nahin. Lagta hain Rab Ji ne mujhe isiliye yahaan bhejha hain. Sabse pyar karne ke liye,"

Preet nodded before he hugged her. "Tum meri sabse aachi dost ho Meher."

Rukna Na Rahon Mein Rokey Agar Kal Tujhe Parchaiyan
Sang Tere Mein Bhi Hun Tanha Nahi Hai Teri Tanhayian

A Few Months Later

Meher heard a car pull up outside and rushed out from the kitchen holding a cold glass of lassi.

"Meher!" Preet bellowed.

"Aayi!" She called as she stood in front of him. "Oops?!"

Preet smiled before dropping his briefcase and taking the lassi. "Bahot pyaas lagi thi,"

Meher nodded before taking his coat from his arms. "Tum behto,"

Preet nodded before sitting down on the coach. 

Mere Sang Toh Chal Zara
Kyun Dhike Dara Dara

Lalit walked in a few minutes after and Preet stood quickly and looked down. His eyes were burning holes in his shoes.

Meher appeared at his side and put her hand on his arm and he turned to see her smile softly at him.

Chal Tujhko Aa Chupalon
Apni Main Bahoon Mein

Preet nodded and looked up into the eyes of his father and smiled softly. Lalit's hard face appeared to soften before he went back up to his room.

Preet turned to Meher and smiled widely. "Thank you,"

"Dosti mein no sorry and no thank you Preet," Meher lightly tapped his forehead before disappearing into the kitchen.

Chal Khwaab Kuch Sajaa Dun
Teri In Nigahon Mein

Preet watched her re treating back and smiled. Meher was a person who stood by him in every hurdle he faced. In every pain he felt it reflected in her eyes and she proved to be the best friend he could have.

Every time his heart yearned for his brother to be back, Meher was at his side, soothing him and holding him close to her, making him realize that people in his life did care for him. 

Mein Jo Sang Hun
Tere Rang Hun
Raho Se Teri Chun Lu Mein Khwaab
Har Lamha Yu Guzare
Ke Kehana Na Chahe Pyaar

I know the part after the few months period kinda made it seem like they were married, but it was more so that they were really close now and so she knew about his likes and dislikes. This one hasn't been edited or anything, but I just needed to post it 😊

Love,

Meera

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Very cute. And begging a sequel. I love the friendship between Meher and Preet. If only they could have portrayed it properly in the show.

Love,
Radz

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
No more sequels! πŸ˜† I don't follow through with them so well, and I want this to be it for them. Friendship 😳
zzzzzzzzzzfffff thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
YAY! that was a really interesting angle! you portrayed preet's vulnerability beautifully! but i still want to kill bauji! πŸ˜†
pRinc3ssRZxJT thumbnail
  thattt wass veryy CUTEE.....ii lLOvee thee friendshipp between them
itt wass justt s0o0 beautifull Meera LOVED IT <3πŸ˜ƒ
loll...by the way ur an excellent writer, especially how u portrayed Preet's agony, that really got to me. and ofcourse how Meher was alwayss there for him, near his side
ii just lovee the whole ideaa of being friendss..that's wht i think makes them so0 unique
heheee
L0VEE ITT .
MEET r0x
luv ya Rumshaaaaaaa<3 

JCluvs srk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
simply wonderful...i've been missing meet so much these days that reading this SS was like a breath of fresh air...
addiction thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
hi meera,
you can say that i was waiting impatiently for your one shot on meet. (really missing them)
you write so well. plz continue writing one shots & ff's on meet.
& this one was superb as usual.
Rhea_401 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
wow finally we get to read a meet shot............bt seriously dis one does require a sequel......jab tak luv shuv na ho har luv story incomplete hai..............bt Meher's character ws very well portayed....well done.....bt do rite a sequel to it...........
fungrl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
seriously this os demands a squeal, until then I will nt tell you how good this os is or how well you developed Preet and Meher's relationship......give me a squeal and all the tareef is yours for the takingπŸ˜‰
P.Kamaljit.Sean thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Meera
That Was very Cute
Awesome
loved it