Reality Show Contestant Dies during stunt...

nali476 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey,

I read this in the New York Post Newspaper today so decided to share it with you guys. A Pakistani reality show contestant "Saad Khan" died yest. during a stunt in Thailand. It involved him swimming with a 15 pound weight on back.

These competitions really are dangerous. 😕

~Noreen

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
TFS yeah these stunts are really dangerous...maybe with the celebrities they are bit more cautious but wiht the regular junta it may not be so...I hope there is a limit to how much these shows stretch as far as getting trp's ...it def shudn't cost someone their life...
Bugger thumbnail
Ya i knpw these stunts  cud sumtime prove fatal when not done in proper supervision or with proper care!!
In bangalore also a 22 yr old guy died while doing bungee jumping!!
His rope was not attached properly and it broke and moreover there was no medical aid nearby !!
immunoblot thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bugger

Ya i knpw these stunts  cud sumtime prove fatal when not done in proper supervision or with proper care!!

In bangalore also a 22 yr old guy died while doing bungee jumping!!
His rope was not attached properly and it broke and moreover there was no medical aid nearby !!

Even I read about this in the news paper...
But I think in IJSMB, they are rather careful... 😃
immunoblot thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: desicrowd

TFS yeah these stunts are really dangerous...maybe with the celebrities they are bit more cautious but wiht the regular junta it may not be so...I hope there is a limit to how much these shows stretch as far as getting trp's ...it def shudn't cost someone their life...

I'm sure that they don't show this during the episode, but all these people must be getting some previous instruction on the right way of doing their "tasks"... At least with IJSMB and Roadies (which also I watched, unfortunately), I don't think that there is "real" danger... 😊
JattiTude thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: immunoblot

I'm sure that they don't show this during the episode, but all these people must be getting some previous instruction on the right way of doing their "tasks"... At least with IJSMB and Roadies (which also I watched, unfortunately), I don't think that there is "real" danger... 😊

yeah roadies!!!!!!  unfortunately..... I get hooked on to that show too :-)    when will be the next season starting for roadies.....  oops wrong forum for roadies discussion 😆
desicrowd thumbnail
I agree Blotji....these shows have been shot under supervision and there will be experts definitely...but looking from the topic starters post...I feel what all kind of tasks are these people gonna invent for these shows...every human has a diff level of capacity...and these new participants will do or die to win this...losing a life for a show...Its becoming a deadly game...
Bugger thumbnail

Even I read about this in the news paper...
But I think in IJSMB, they are rather careful... 😃

yep cuz they r working wit celebrities here and its a Tv show ......if they risk it ..........they mite end up paying a very high price
Bugger thumbnail

Ya in roadies too ,i ts completly safe as they try all the stunts by themselves first ..........i used to love roadies initially ...like its first 2-3 seasons .....later the level and class of the show juss strted deteriorating
kaushikbasu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Any of the tasks without proper supervision is dangerous. The stunts shown in Roadies or Iss Jungle can be dangerous and fetal as well if not tested properly. If some accident happens in spite of that then it is unfortunate. Just for statistics, there are much more accidents and deaths in general acts than in these types of shows, the reason being the stunts are properly tested and they are ready for any eventuality, which is not the case with most of the general acts.