invite only chat club-permission to access?

Poll

should invite only chat clubs be restricted only to members?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
psycho_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
the point of an invite only chat club is that only specific sections of members wanting to interact with each other where they donot resort to bashing/disagreeing/flaming of any sort....since this is the kind of posts most members detest on the general forums,most of them seek haven in the chat clubs.how safe do we feel really,if members who are not invited,stalk our posts and report them time and again?i used to write a fan-fic for members of my chat club only.imagine my horror when my exact language,style and ideas were plagiarized by another member and incorporated into a new fan-fic ! i request permission for restricting access to invite only fan clubs for members other than ones belonging to the chat club,since the whole point of an invite only chat club is diluted since non- members freely access the contents and once a while take out their grudge on the members in the main forum by quoting posts from the chat club they should ideally not access.since the moderators/viewbies are allowed this privilege in the restricted section,why shouldnt the members be allowed as well?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kchaims thumbnail
adi ..
i think only members of d invite nly chat club shud b allowed to c d content of d chat clubs ..

or d the report button shud b enabled nly 4 members in a specific cc
psycho_angel thumbnail
agree with you dudu....and one way or the other,encouraging non-members to check out chat clubs at their leisure is like promoting voyeurism.many members are friends/cousins with each other and share details of their personal lives as well.we dont want non members accessing them do we?sure we have email ids or alternative groups outside india-forums,but then,what is the point of india forums at all?isnt it fair that we get to know each other on some common forum and once we become friends,we are allowed to form our own chat clubs and chat there in peace?
kchaims thumbnail
i think we need a auntie detectin software near our homely cc's 🤣
psycho_angel thumbnail

Originally posted by: daffodils.dudu

i think we need a auntie detectin software near our homely cc's 🤣

exactly what i want to avoid.what the others do is none of our business.we dont want any interference from them as well.reporting forum posts is one thing.disagreements turn into full fledged arguments occasionally.but its another thing when it is done on the chat clubs.it simply means we are being stalked.
kchaims thumbnail
atleast IF shud provide privacy 4 chatclubs..
the current situation is tht evn though our cc's r invite only ...its lik al stalkers invited each othr in nd peepin ..nd reportin ..
i think tht shud b changed here ,.,,

psycho_angel thumbnail

Originally posted by: daffodils.dudu

atleast IF shud provide privacy 4 chatclubs..
the current situation is tht evn though our cc's r invite only ...its lik al stalkers invited each othr in nd peepin ..nd reportin ..
i think tht shud b changed here ,.,,

and since we are unable to do anything about that situation,despite huge headers asking them to keep out,we think this is a simpler way out.the worst part is,reporting isnt the only thing they are doing.some of them actively participate in the discussions on the CCs to rile the members up,and when things get heated up,report the posts.its like since they are not able to pick fights on the forums,they have to resort to this policy.
kchaims thumbnail
IF administrative grp shud take action ...othrwise its really difficult to deal wit ..stalkers..they read d posts on their own will nd start fightin as if they wer invited to read nd comment😕

Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am ALL for this, it will solve a LOT of problems on I-F actually, PRIMARY one being STALKING of CCs.
-Krupa- thumbnail
agreed.

non-members of a chat club should be restricted access in the CC, and should not be allowed to report. there is a reason its invite only, because the people who agree with you are in, those who don't are out...and this leads to no arguements..