Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 14 years ago

It sounds interesting but we are not talking about any item girl. Here we are elaborating on the sequence of the show Basera on Imagine, where Amit Jain had to kiss Priya Bhatija Shah.

"We (Amit and Priya) come from a reserved family so it was bit difficult for us to shoot that particular sequence. I was thinking of Priya as she and Jatin are my best of friends and kissing her was bit awkward," says Amit.

Elaborating on the scene the actor adds, "The shoot had to be put at halt as both of us were not so comfortable with this idea. Somehow the director of the show made us clear about the importance of the scene and after convincing lot we finally agreed to resume back to the shoot."

"Peck on the cheeks is fine but to do an intimate scene or a just a kiss was very difficult for me especially knowing that it was Priya. Another reason for my uneasiness was that there were lots of people on the sets and production team had invited few people from the media too. But thank god at last everything went perfect and we gave the shot," concludes Amit.

Wasn't this interesting kissa of the kiss?

Edited by starry.phoenix - 14 years ago
.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
Priya Bhatija set to marry Jatin Shah

Priya Bhatija is getting ready to tie the knot with Jatin Shah only a month from now but the actress and her fianc don't even know the date of their wedding. Priya Bhatija, who has just wrapped up with her show Kasamh Se (which aired on Zee TV), gave us the details of the impending marriage.

PRIYA says, "The date of the marriage has not been fixed. Our Panditji still has to tell us a suitable date according to our horoscopes."

After Priya finished shooting for Kasamh Se, she took a short break to rejuvenate before the hectic wedding preparations began. She says, "The day I finished shooting, Jatin and I left, along with friends and my sister, for a two day break in Mahabaleshwar. I wanted to rest for a while before starting my wedding preparations." And the actress is making sure she looks her best on her big day by pampering herself now. She adds, "I will be visiting the spa and going for a massage."

But Priya is careful to make sure that her work doesn't suffer because of the nuptials. She says, "My work is also my priority. If any good offers come up before I get married, I'm going to accept them and take just three days to a week of leave," she says.

Jatin lost his father suddenly three months ago, so the couple's decision to wed comes as a surprise. Priya explains, "Actually, we had to decide to get married due to family issues which I cannot elaborate on. All that happened with Papa is also a reason. Jatin and I both wanted to wait for a while but now there is an urgency so we are getting married. My family agrees with my decision."

As for the big day, Priya says, "The wedding will be very simple and we will be inviting only our close friends. After marriage, I think I will take a week of leave and go to Gujarat as Jatin's family is there. I am Sindhi but he is Gujju so we will be following all the Gujarati rituals."

Meanwhile Jatin's work commitments mean that Priya and him will have to wait before they can go on their honeymoon. According to the actress, if they are not too busy, they will travel abroad in May.

Jatin and Priya have been seeing each other for the past two years. The couple met at a party and became good friends before taking their relationship to the next level. They were also part of Nach Baliye (Star Plus) season four last year.
.StarryPhoenix thumbnail

Priya Bhatija, who got married at a very young age to actor Jatin Shah, talks about how important it is to see the larger picture for your family's sake…Priya Bhatija who has won many hearts through her roles as Afreen in Khwahish and Ganga in Kasamh Se will now be seen as Nandini Parikh in NDTV Imagine's Basera, which launches on 17th August at 9.30 PM.On a frank chat with Telly Buzz, Priya lets us know that she is someone who values her family beyond anything else and is grateful to have great parents as well as in-laws.

Priya tells us, "Jatin and I always knew that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives with each other but that we would get married within three years of dating was totally unexpected. However, Jatin's father had an untimely demise and his mom was left alone. So it was he who suggested that if I enter their family it will be a great support for his mother."

The petite actress further adds, "Initially I was apprehensive. I had no doubts about Jatin but whether I as a girl was ready for marriage. But when I thought about it, it only made more sense. After all what was the point procrastinating our marriage when we obviously knew that we were happy in each others' company."

Priya was never made to regret her decision. She says, "I'm really happy after taking the plunge. I have a very supportive mother-in-law who has no qualms about my profession. The best part is, now me and Jatin live under the same roof."

Even though a few compromises accompany her married life, the actress doesn't mind that in the light of the larger happiness. She tells us, "Of course, things don't remain the same after marriage. There are a few areas where you need to make adjustments. But they are very few. For example, I can't wear sleeveless and jeans when some of our relatives come to visit us (Laughs)."

Since Priya and Jatin got married due to circumstances, they never had the time to go for their honeymoon. Each was committed to their projects. Priya tells us, "Yeah, we got married and then immediately got back to work. So that's why we are planning this December to go fut. It will most probably be Bali in Indonesia."

.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
Priya Bhatija is surely having a ball being part of Sony's Kabhi Kabhii.. as she is paired with the guy of her life, Jatin Shah.. So is it that they get to spend quality time out there? Get to know from her...

Sony's Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar is the first on screen outing for the love-birds Jatin Shah and Priya Bhatija.

As their fans wait with bathed breath to see them shake their leg together, Priya seems to be bit tense as Jatin is not able to give enough time for rehearsals. "I am on a short break right now from Kasamh Se as I am concentrating on Kabhi Kabhii… But Jatin hardly gets time to rehearse as he is needed for almost every scene in Kasturi, and I cannot rehearse alone", laments Priya. She adds on to say, "He has his task cut out as he needs to rehearse not just with me, but also with Shalini".

Talking about their first-ever reality show experience, Priya quips "It's been great. We have been waiting for this reality show to start as we could at last get to spend some time together. The going here has been hectic, but eventful so far!! We did quite well in the episodes that have been shot till now. The competition is really tough, so let's see!!".

Well, Jatin, don't keep your beau waiting for long, mate!!
.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
OMG..all d Aprreciaton Threads seemz 2 b dyin.... :(