Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I'm not trying to be rude, but Dheeraj Kumar mythological shows are better than Sagar ones that they are doing now, what do you think?

Jai Maa Vaishno Devi was better than Jai Maa Durga, but JMD was more watched....

Sagars get more people watching them but Namah Shivay/Creative Eye shows are more better quality I think!
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sattvik

I'm not trying to be rude, but Dheeraj Kumar mythological shows are better than Sagar ones that they are doing now, what do you think?

Jai Maa Vaishno Devi was better than Jai Maa Durga, but JMD was more watched....

Sagars get more people watching them but Namah Shivay/Creative Eye shows are more better quality I think!

I think that both the productions have their pros and cons. The Sagars tend to start it all well and then drag it a bit, get it all interesting again and then mess it up in the end (regarding the story) though their casting, effects, music is just excellent.

I haven't seen much of Dheeraj Kumar's. I enjoyed the serial 'Om Namah Shivaya' immensely which was a Namah Shivay production.
Edited by Vibhishna - 14 years ago
Vibhishna thumbnail
By the way, I have been wondering why Lord Shiva's Trishul does the same thing as Lord Vishnu's Sudarshan . . .

Everytime Lord Shiva uses it in this serial, someone is beheaded 😕
sattvik thumbnail
I guess the Trishul and Sudarshan Chakra are weapons that ultimately do similar things. They are both their respective God's weapon, so would do they same job in another form. I don't think I'm being clear, but I hope you know what I mean. But yeah, if the Trishul is used then it leads to beheading!

I agree with Sagars starting well then going boring then interesting and end it messy!
Vibhishna thumbnail
Usually it is Lord Vishnu's Sudarshan that beheads. But Lord Shiva's Trishul I've always read about the target being pierced / burnt / annihilated. But never have I heard the Trishul beheading anyone and hence my doubt.

Any idea who plays Kartikeya? He looks so cute 😊
sattvik thumbnail
Shiv's 3rd eye burns too!

Oh yeah, Kartikey was in Main Teri Parchain Hoon that was on NDTV Imagine, let me just go find out.

His name was Varun in MTPH... can't find his real name. He has been in other shows too, but I can't remember.

That reminds me, I like how they are using random actors, from not very successful shows, I don't know why, but it is better than using well known actors! The actors in this show are too good!
Edited by sattvik - 14 years ago
Vibhishna thumbnail
Lord Shiva's third eye is capable of burning the entire creation according to some scriptures.

Thanks for the information on Kartikeya. He seemed quite familiar.

I agree that the cast of this serial is good.
desichica thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey guys,

I wanted to put some doubts here of mine too!!! And I know Vibhishna will def be able to answer a lot of them!!!!

Ok well first i did notice that Vibhishna wrote down in first page that this is the first time she saw a real snake on Lord Shiv...to be honest if you look at Sagar's first Ramayan (one by RamAnand Sagar)...the actor who played Lord Shiva in there was outstanding & the snake around him is REAL!!!! I promise!!!!  

Second i've also known same thing as Lord Shiva's Trishul to burn etc some1 the minute it pierces but not behead them...but then again i also remember it beheading Lord Ganesh when i watched a random video on Youtube (and the language was a south indian one)...so i didnt understand but knew wut was going on just cuz we know the story!!!

So I guess in that aspect Lord Shiva's trishul does the same as the Sudharshan chakra of Lord Vishnu...b/c that is how Lord Ganesh got an elephant head!!!!

Now I wanted to know one more thing.....I dont get how Kartikeya is son of Shiva when he was with Parvati ma, and Parvati Ma does not know of it!!!!

Also I heard that Lord Shiva and Parvati Ma also had a daughter by the name of Okha ( i think that's wut her name was)....i was told this by some1! Okha was cursed by her own mother Parvati (forgot the reason) and she is doomed to a part of the Himalaya's which the part resides in China region!!!!
    I'm not sure how much ne1 has heard this story or not...or if there is any truth to it...but please let me know!!!!! This is wut i've heard and this is wut i'm sharing with you guys!!!!
sattvik thumbnail
I haven't heard of Okha sorry....

But Basically, the story of Kartikey is like this:

Shiv and Parvati were alone romancing, then some of Shiv's Tej (I think this means sperm to be honest) fell on the Earth. Prithvi Maa couldn't handle the Tej so she had given it and put it inside Agni. Agni dev couldn't even bear the Tej (maybe it was really really bright, like in the first episode of Mahavir Hanuman). So Agni dev couldn't handle the Tej so he gave it and put it inside Ganga Maiya. Ganga Maiya too couldn't handle the Tej, so instead she just left it on her Kinare (like coasts, the lands at the side of the river, not beach, but it's usually rocky). After a while, the Tej turned into a beautiful boy, who was Kartikey and he was found and brought up by the Kritikas!

Does that help?

There are many versions to how Kartikey was born, I've heard a story about Agni and Swaha and the Kritikas each took the form of Swaha and gave birth to Agni's son, who had like 6 heads.....
Vibhishna thumbnail
I have never heard of Okha's story too.

As sattvik said there are lots of versions about how Karitkeya came to be.

Sagar's Ramayan I had almost forgotten . . .  But I guess you are right desichica. I must have forgotten that it was a real snake. Thanks for reminding me.

As for beheading Ganesha, Lord Shiva could have used any other weapon and not necessarily the Trishul. But the Trishul can possibly behead someone as well. I haven't heard of it before. Besides, I wont be surprised if it does as Lord Shiva was the one who created both the Trishul and the Sudharshan which he later gave to Lord Vishnu. (I think it was to kill a demon - this was much before Sati married Lord Shiva and I think the time of Madhu & Kaitabha and much before Mali, Sumali and Malyavan waged a war against the Devas.)

First of all, Lord Kartikeya was born to anhilliate Surapadma - a demon. He had obtained a boon from Lord Shiva that he can be killed only by Lord Shiva's own power (In some versions, it is said that the boon asked for was to be killed by Lord Shiva's son - Surapadma being confident that Lord Shiva would never remarry. This incident was some time after Sati immolated herself.)

When the Devas were harassed by Surapadma, everyone approached Lord Shiva and asked for help. Lord Shiva said that he will marry Parvati and the son born to him will kill Surapadma. Satisfied, they went back.

But even after a long time, Lord Shiva showed no signs of marrying Parvati. This was the time Devi Parvati was serving Lord Shiva. It was then that Indra and the other Devas approached Kamadev to bring to Lord Shiva's notice the beautiful charms of Parvati. When Kamadev tried to induce love in the Lord's heart along with Rathi, he was burnt by Lord Shiva's third eye. Rathi fainted on seeing her husband burnt.

Lord Shiva left the place and Devi Parvati did severe penance and then Lord Shiva came back to marry her.

Soon after this, the Devas came to meet Lord Shiva and remind him that they were still being oppressed by Surapadma.

Lord Shiva glowed with such a brilliance that no one could even look at him.

Some say that Lord Kartikeya appeared from this glow.

Some say that he appeared when Lord Shiva opened his third eye.

Some say that Lord Shiva gave a seed to the Devas and told then that at the appropriate time, it will alleviate all their troubles.

Pawan Dev recieved it but could not hold on to it and passed it on to Agni Dev. He too could not hold on to it and then left it in the Ganges. She couldn't hold it either but the water around the seed sizzled and it was hurled to the grass on the banks. There a baby with six heads appeared. He was Kartikeya.

The story I tend to follow his this:

When the Devas pleaded with Lord Shiva, he glowed with such a brilliance which soon turned into a fiery blaze that inspired terror in one and all. From this glow, Lord Kartikeya appeared in the Saravana Poigai as 6 babies in 6 lotuses (some say that he appeared as one baby with 6 heads and then later transformed into 6 separate kids). He was given to the Karthikas to be brought up for some time (Some say that to enable all 6 of the Karthikas to shower their love on him he divided himself into 6 forms). That is why he is called Karthikeya.  Devi Parvati, who was sitting/standing near Lord Shiva couldn't bear his blaze. She dashed away and as she ran, an ornament from her body fell to the floor and shattered. The nine varieties of gems scattered from it. When Lord Shiva saw Devi Parvati's fleeting form in all the nine gems, he looked at them lovingly. His gaze so full of love that 9 warriors came forth from the nine gems - these 9 were considered the sons of Lord Shiva with each of the reflection of Devi Parvati. (Some say that a damsel arose from each of the reflections from each type of gem and when Lord Shiva looked at them they concieved. Devi Parvati who was angry that they got a chance to bear the kid she was supposed to cursed them that they will bear the kid for a very long time and the baby will not be born easily. When the burden became to heavy to bear, these 9 damsels went to her and pleaded with her to release them from the curse. Softned, Devi Parvati blessed them so the failry grown sons were born.)

These 9 sons were blessed by Lord Shiva and Devi Parvati and their own mothers and grew up to be efficient warriors.

Karthikeya was brought up by the Karthikas and when the time came, Lord Shiva took Devi Parvati to them. When she embraced all the 6 kids they merged into one - hence the name Skanda. After this incident as an appreciation of what they had done so far, Lord Shiva gave the six women places in the Nakshathra Mandala. Till date they live there and are known as the Karthika/Karthigai constellation.

Later on, when Lord Skanda went to war with Surapadma, the 9 warriors accompanied him with a huge army of Devas and Shivganas. Lord Skanda is known as the General of the Devas (the name Devasenaapati arises from this fact).

Aside from all this, all the story of Lord Ganesha's birth till Lord Shiva enters her chambers was totally new to me. And I never knew that the boy was called Ganesha. The name came from the fact that he was given the status of the head (or lord) of the Shivganas. Ganesha - Gana (Shivganas) + Esha (Lord) - the same with Ganapathi - Gana + Pathi (which also means Lord). The name Vinayaka means the obliterator of all troubles.

I had read a story some time before which said that Lord Ganesha came into being to destroy a demon who was giving a lot of trouble. He gave a lot of trouble when Lord Ganesha was invested with a sacred thread. But with the help of the Devas and some others, the ceremony was finished and Lord Ganesha killed the demon successfully. There is a Malayalam film based on this - which was dubbed into Tamil and Telugu too. I'll try to find more details regarding this.

I hope this clears up some of the doubts 😊