MissPriceyy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
do you guys think she'll change since theres now an extention?
I was really looking forward to seeing her change 😛
Akash is starting to like her, but she looks like his older sister..loll
if any of you get articles or anything please post them🥱

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lazy_mariyum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
devyani told her but she said no well i dont know i think that she will give up and maybe do it but lets see what will happen
jyoti_17 thumbnail
MissPriceyy's comment about Gauri looking like Akash's old sister really made me laugh. Its so true through. She's looked like a behenji from day one or since the time she entered Aka's life. She made no effort to change herself in anyway. I hope we see some modernisation in this girl!
rainabow thumbnail
I don't think so. There is no reason to change now. Akash has accepted her as a behenji so why should she change? When Devyani suggested changing her, she made it clear that her ugly saris and specs were such a crucial part of her personality and identity that she refused to change them!
Chaccha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rainabow

I don't think so. There is no reason to change now. Akash has accepted her as a behenji so why should she change? When Devyani suggested changing her, she made it clear that her ugly saris and specs were such a crucial part of her personality and identity that she refused to change them!

😆😆😆 I was going to say just that. For some odd reason, I thought that Akash would never accept Gauri for her outer appearance. He doesn't seem like the guy who would change his criterion of a wife just like that, but he's done that already. He has only affirmed Gauri's beliefs of what a wife should be by accepting her. Now, she'll be on cloud nine thinking that her "method" if I may was right.  Why does she believe that her glasses are a part of her personality? They are a part of her appearance, not her personality. There's a difference.

The only resolution I can come up with is if Akash slowly makes Gauri change, which is doubtful on its own. There's only so much a person can do for another and if Gauri wouldn't want to change even then, she'll stay like that forever. There will be no growth for her character. She started off like that and she'll end up like that. 🤢🤢  
rainabow thumbnail

Originally posted by: rachna789

😆😆😆 I was going to say just that. For some odd reason, I thought that Akash would never accept Gauri for her outer appearance. He doesn't seem like the guy who would change his criterion of a wife just like that, but he's done that already. He has only affirmed Gauri's beliefs of what a wife should be by accepting her. Now, she'll be on cloud nine thinking that her "method" if I may was right.  Why does she believe that her glasses are a part of her personality? They are a part of her appearance, not her personality. There's a difference.

The only resolution I can come up with is if Akash slowly makes Gauri change, which is doubtful on its own. There's only so much a person can do for another and if Gauri wouldn't want to change even then, she'll stay like that forever. There will be no growth for her character. She started off like that and she'll end up like that. 🤢🤢  

Exactly. He has validated all of the ridiculous things she has done to date. Now she will continue to partake in these outrageous acts because she thinks she "won." Playboy personality aside, I mostly appreciated Akash's attitude towards women. He seemed like the kind of person who would want his wife by his side in the office, and who wanted an equal partner as opposed to a slave or chai-making robot. He used to seem like the kind of guy who would respect a woman's right to have her own life and independence. These were his BEST qualities and the only thing about him that prevented him from being totally dispicable. Instead of showing that this is a positive, healthy attitude towards women, creatives have shown that it is WRONG and that Gauri is supposedly WONDERFUL just the way she is and it is Akash who needed to change. Maybe it's our fault as viewers. Akash may accept her but we don't 🤢

Gauri thinks her glasses and zari saris are part of her personality because frankly, she HAS no personality. She, like all her sisters, is about as interesting as wallpaper paste. Earlier in the show, when that curly-haired actress used to play her role, she had the most personality out of all 4 sisters. She was a bit goofy, bubbly, absent-minded, and silly. I'm not sure why they had to change that.

The moral behind this track is supposed to be beauty is in the eye of the beholder, is only skin deep, etc. But this isn't about beauty. Gauri is plenty attractive in appearance...but her personality and attitude are unbearable...and these behenji clothes and fugly specs just reflect that personality. How we present ourselves to the world is indicative of who we are, and she presents herself as this behenji because that is who she is. Even if Akash did manage to coax her out of this silly getup, it wouldn't mean a thing if she has the same personality dysfunction.
Rumii thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Akash has accepted her as a behenji 🤣Thank goodness it's not Akash has accepted her as HIS behenji .....

But Friends,on a serious Note- I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally think ....Gauri's right!! Though I even thought that Gauri's mother-in-law had a good suggestion,now I think seeing Akash falling for Gauri that GAuri has a Point!! Yes!! If a change in outwardly appearance creates a change in attitude of the person,then that might change in No Time!! I think Gauri's been wise enough NOT TO CHANGE for Akash but she got his attention,his love👏

I think what Gari CAN DO NOW  that she's already Been Accepted by Akash is change her sarees to little more plain sarees like Other Sisters wear n also she should understand that She's past the NEW BAHU stage,so she can wear lighter jwellry n still look Beautiful😳.... but HEY,No Compromise with her Glasses! That's an important part of  Gauri's personality l🤓Just have a look at  Kajol Preity  n Rani out in Glasses.
I think they r  mosttttttttttttttttt gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous actresses ever!!Even in glasses!! Yes,someone can also look good in glasses,so GAURi,KEEP IT UP👍🏼

I Wish Gauri best Of luck!
Edited by iamindian - 14 years ago
princessonline thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I dont think that she will maybe just a little bit but if they havent changed her since yet i dont think they will do it now..=[
I really hope they change her cause she looks really nice with out glasses.
Rumii thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yeah,I see Akash wants to take her glasses off every time he feelis romantic😉May be he should take her out to the Optician one evening to get either a new  fashionable pair or go for lenses😳 but I'm happy that Gauri got his love without changing her external looks.....now it's ok to 'modify' yourself according to the person who loves u n whom u love..😍
  by the way,I like Payel also,I mean not as a 'match' for Akash,just as a woman.....she damn smart!!!!!😎
apux thumbnail
Maybe now that Akash is getting all romantic with Gauri and has accepted her the way she is, she can change her appearance.  There is nothing wrong in looking good for your other half.