Akash-Gauri track worse now....?

--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Akash-Gauri track was in a way made worse y'day. Earlier there was hope for some kind of transformation of Gauri, into a more self-confident woman, and that changing their interactions and developing some chemistry between the two of them.

Now it's just like, he feels bad for her.., and she doesn't even acknowledge his apology. How are either of those things respectful to her? And if she really was beginning to change, stop bringing him chai and staying in his room, then why didn't she at least acknowledge his apology and say how hurt she had been. Her whole line about patni dharma made me want to whack her.. "aap mere pati hain aur pati ki har baat sunna mera dharm hai" 🤢

To kya pati galti nahin karta? Jab woh maafi maang hi raha hai to usko suno zara duffer...

By this change in track, creatives have actually re-initiliazed doormat mode of Gauri. How the hell is Akash supposed to be attracted to someone like her? She's "good," (tumse acchi ladki mujhe nahin mil sakti) yeah.. well, so are vitamins, good for you. Shouldn't a life companion have more of a personality than that? Oh wait, I forgot, she thinks her saris and jewelry substitute for her personality since she told Devyani that that's who she is. Agar aise baat hai than her personality can be measured in kilos! lol..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MissPriceyy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
But  Gauri is hurt inside, she didn't fully forgive him...she just said he didn't have to forgive her then she walked away; so there could be more to the track; so there is a chance for her to change her looks, But it looks like he's liking her for who she is
-Yuks- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I agree with you arti

Gauri has always been the 'stupid' and the 'ugly' one for some reason
And she has always been pushed to the side.
She's never really had too much of a role
Just there in the background, always supporting her sisters

This was her time to shine, to change and prove that she's just as good as the others, who've alldone at least something

But now Akash willjust accept her,and what? Woo her? Wine and dine her?

I wanted a dramatic change in her

Yuks
Chaccha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I hated it when she said that "patni-pati dharma" line. Whoever in the right mind would just accept the rights and the wrongs without voicing his or her own opinion. Does she even retaliate in her head? Sometimes I don't refute either, but in my head, I'm blasting my opponent with cannons and gunpowder.

She said there was no need for him to say sorry. What the heck yaar!!!!! They both needed to change some parts of their personality, but they ended up changing the wrong things, so in the end, nothing got fixed. Akash wanted an independent and smart wife. Gauri isn't independent. She depends on his presence just so she can eat her dinner. lollll He said that she was a good girl. Well, when was she ever bad? It wasn't like she was cheating on him, doing drugs, etc.....she was just being submissive (still is) and playing his tail. Gauri needed to grow a spine. Apparently, she lost the spine she had a while back. She should have told Akash exactly how she felt when he was doing those horrible things to her. She should have told him that a simple sorry can't change things easily. Grrr....koun samjhaye isse?

rainabow thumbnail
By accepting Gauri the way she is, zari saris and all, he has validated all of her negative traits. I'm not so angry at the patni dharma reference, simply because I have come to expect that kind of bs from this stupid show.

Her personality and her appearance (which is a reflection of her personality) are still the same...so I'm not sure what prompted him to fall in love. Pity? Guilt? What kind of reasons are those? Realistically, I would have expected him to perhaps soften his attitude towards her and start speaking to her with some respect, although still stopping short of accepting her as his wife. She just doesn't have any attractive characteristics at this point, especially for a man like him. Sure she is nice, but so are lots of people. BEING NICE is not enough to make a marriage work. As Rachna pointed out, she can't even eat without him. Is that supposed to be an attractive feature in a woman? Total dependency?

They ruined the one good thing about Akash: his desire for an independent, modern woman. Instead of dragging Gauri into the 21st century, Gauri has dragged Akash backwards. It was very unsatisfying to watch. I think by the end, she will still be a frump-a-dump. 
--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: queenyuks

This was her time to shine, to change and prove that she's just as good as the others, who've alldone at least something

Exactly. If this was a life lesson or a chance to mature into a real grown-up, Gauri is an epic fail. She has handled this situation terribly. The only moment of dignity was when she decided to stop pestering Akash, but she didn't follow that up with any reconsideration of what SHE deserves from him, and what she owes to herself!

Originally posted by: rachna789

She said there was no need for him to say sorry. What the heck yaar!!!!! They both needed to change some parts of their personality, but they ended up changing the wrong things, so in the end, nothing got fixed. Akash wanted an independent and smart wife. Gauri isn't independent. She depends on his presence just so she can eat her dinner.

Yeah, nothing got changed. He was an insensitive idiot, and now she has validated that by telling him that as a husband, it is his right ðŸ¤¢ to do that, and that it is her duty to endure it. She was being a doormat, will continue to be a doormat. 

Originally posted by: rainabow

Her personality and her appearance (which is a reflection of her personality) are still the same...so I'm not sure what prompted him to fall in love. Pity? Guilt? What kind of reasons are those?
They ruined the one good thing about Akash: his desire for an independent, modern woman. Instead of dragging Gauri into the 21st century, Gauri has dragged Akash backwards.

That's SO true, on both points. What suddenly makes him want her? That she is "good." Ek acchi ladki. If you are picking people to play on your sports team, that can be a criteria, but there needs to be more substance in somebody for others to feel attracted to them. That's why all these sati savitri types in most of these shows are such unrelatable and ultimately, uninteresting female characters. There's rarely any spark to them, anything to make the imagination slightly excited..

If Akash wants her like this, then that ruins his character too.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
their whole love story felt rushed! She should gotten stronger and more confident, but she stayed the same! I thought the track had some serious potential, but I'm disappointed! I can't root for a girl like Gauri, whose a pushover, stupid, and obedient little wife! A girl should be independent, confident, and should be able to tell her man to shut up when he insults her! She's not my kind of ideal woman!
kalaloveSRK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Why don't they just end this show as is now. Giving it 2 more weeks will only lead to more boredom makes no sense at all tracks as seen now.
Chaccha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

She should have told him that a sorry wouldn't cut it. That malicious man has insulted her, humiliated her and dehumanized her. It was worse of her to think that he has the "right" to do it because he is her husband.

I think what Akash feels for Gauri is more like pity and less like acceptance. Nothing has changed about her; he just saw that she was selfless and because of that, he now thinks that she deserves some "tidbit" of a kinder emotion from him. He realized that she was an "achi ladhki"; well, doesn't he know that a nice girl isn't the solution to a successful marriage. Surely, a marriage has more than just that ingrediant. Both of them need to do some soulsearching.

Durga_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It's strange to trust Akash now.. Don't you think guys...???? 🤔