sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
It seems like Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur has set off a trend. Being the first daily historical show, Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur had remained unchallenged, but now, NDTV Imagine introduces Meera from today, another historical saga in the same time slot! Not only that, but Zee TV plans to end Maayka and put Rani Lakshmi Bai in the same time slot.

Seems like all other channels want to have a historical daily show and that too at the same time. Lets see what Star Plus, Colors and Sahara One do now....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jenifer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
That's always the way of tellydom. Start one, other's will soon enough follow in the same time slot to introduce fierce competition.

Star Plus have removed Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat and have inserted Aap Ki Kacheri at 8pm, which is a highly successful show and will rake in the TRPs. Colors take pride in Balika Vadhu so they won't change that I think. Have no idea about Sahara One.

But the most funniest thing is that Nitin Desai is co-producing Rani Lakshmi Bai so it'll be a gain on both fronts for him.
Edited by Jenifer. - 14 years ago
sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nitin Desai is co-producing Rani Lakshmi Bai too? Didn't know that, so not much competition for him 😃

About Star Plus, Aap Ki Kachehri is only seasonal, meaning it would end sooner or later and be replaced... lets see what Star does...

Colors won't move Balika Vadhu...

I was thinking, Star Plus is just going to end up moving all their shows to aftrenoon slots and Keep Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai in the 9pm and 9:30pm slot....

Sahara One are starting Shree Ganesh at 8:30pm and I think they have an untitled show to go on air at 8pm but it's not a historical saga!