Subhash K Jha again criticises Rajeev !!

vinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Sony jiving to reality music contest beat
(Posted on 2 November 2005)

TV channels should do themselves a favour. They should stop the me-too syndrome right now. Every channel has its USP and it should remain within the given ambit of functioning.

I must admit that though it's a deviation for the channel, I immensely like Star One's Nach Baliye, their first big shot at winning over a sizeable audience. The programme is done with a great deal of panache . We don't get bored for even a split second watching these together couples whooping it up on stage with all they've got. And it isn't as if these well-known TV couples are great dancers. They just project that joie de vivre which makes their dancing skills or lack of it, so endearing and real.

I do feel Saroj Khan judges them too harshly at times. In the brilliantly done comedy episode, a couple was called 'crude.'

Arrey baba, funny dancing would by its very nature have to be a bit risqu! Why pick on these cute people who seem so much in love?

Sony's Celebrity Fame Gurukul also projects tremendous gusto for life. Hell, these 'celebrities' are no singers. They aren't even celebrities in the true sense (some of the guys in the guise of stardom wouldn't be recognized if they step out on the road). But they've a will to sound right.

I loved what the totally atonal Tisca Arora told the tolerant judges Javed Akhtar and Alka Yagnik. "I know I sing badly. But I want to sing. So what's wrong with doing it?" And then on a lighter note she added, "When I think of the songs in my head they sound so right. It's only when the words come out of my mouth that they come out so wrong."

Attagirl! I love that spirit. And Tisca is truly a proud product of television. I love her work in Zee's stumbling-doddering political soap Sarkarr… almost as much as I like Divya Dutta as the sweet angelic Punjabi kudi in Star's Shanno Ki Shaadi.

But yes Zee's Time Bomb is a complete disaster. Last week the villain (Akaash Deep) tied up the hero (Rajiv Khandelwal) and administered electric shocks on his bare torso.

And still, Khandelwal registered no perceptible expression. Some people will never learn. I think he should go back to Ekta Kapoor's Kahiin To Hoga to play Sujal. Since the character has a new face Khandelwal can play Sujal in the flashbacks. That way we get to see less of him… Not that the new Sujal is any less wooden. Maybe he should pitch in with the rakish Vivan in Zee's Rabba Ishq Na Hove. Together the trio can form a wooden almirah.

Advertisement

I've noticed that Sahara's Kohinoor tries to imitate Time Bomb in format and editing pattern. Guys, the split screen works on TV for Friends, not for desi thrillers where the actors squint so hard that they seem to be searching for the director to tell them what to do next.

Buoyed by the success of the two music hunts Indian Idol and Fame Gurukul - the former's winner Abhijeet Sawant's album Aapka Abhijeet has made him the largest-selling pop artiste of India, ahead of Abhijeet's idol Sonu Nigam! - Sony Entertainment has decided to pull off a massive stunt.

"We've selected 5 contestants from Indian Idol and 5 from Fame Gurukul, put them together for a stunt called Dus Ke Dus Le gaye Dil, informs Sony's executive vice-president Tarun Katial. "Sure, we've no qualms in admitting it's a stunt. But a very viable stunt, you've to admit. Everyone is interested in the Idol and Fame finalists. Look at Abhijeet Sawant and Qazi Tauqeer. Qazi may not be a fantastic singer. But he's a star! We're proud to have produced these bright young stars on these two shows, and now they're going to come together for a whopping finale of sorts."

The Dus candidates ready to croon their arts out are Prajakta Shukre, Aditi Paul, Harish Moyal, Rahul Saxena, Ravinder Ravi, Arpita Mukherjee, Shamit Tyagi, Arijit Singh, Mona Bhatt and Anubhav Suman. The show goes on air from 4th November every evening at 8:30 p.m. till 18th November.

Says Katial, "The idea is to re-package the popular faces and voices in a new experience. We at Sony are definitely into reality music contests. Besides Indian Idol 2, which will be a bi-weekly, we're gearing up for our big game show Deal Ya No Deal , also a bi-weekly, which goes on air on 23rd .We're going easy on the soaps… But we do have a new daily Ek Ladki Anjani Si going on air from 4th November."

It features Kanchi Kaul (the flop actress from Kuku Kohli's WohTera Naam Tha). The show is being produced by Shrey and Nirja Guleri, thereby lending credence to the belief that Ekta Kapoor and Sony Entertainment are no longer bosom buddies.

"I keep hearing about our fall-out," laughs Katial. "But there has been none. Ekta and I haven't met for weeks. But that's because we're both busy and not because we've fallen out."

Indian Idol 2 returns on 21 November. "Everything including the judges - Anu Malik, Sonu Nigam and Farah Khan - will be the same. But there will be a huge scaling up of everything - including the excitement level."

Commenting on the popularity of Indian Idol, Katial says, "Some of the contestants from Zee's Sa Re Ga Ma have gone all the way to the top, and then auditioned for Indian Idol. The frenzy at the auditions this time is far more pronounced."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vinnu thumbnail
What does he think of himself? On one hand he says that TB is disaster and he watches it.
He says that Rajeev is wooden faced but still says that he should go back to Ekta Kapoor's KTH as Sujal.
Its dead clear that this man is chamcha of Ekta Kapoor.

He is tha same man who told in his previous review that TB is not so good but loves watching Rajeev.

I think he too is out of his mind like Ekta.I hate him.Now he too joined in my hate list along with Ekta.
Life for Rent thumbnail
shuvash ja is nt actor.......if he was good i wish ketan would have have singned him instead of rajeev........let shuvash write watever he wants to.. only he can does this kind of works..........
Souma.N thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ok vinnu .please dont get so angry ,not good for your health.

Where rajeev gets the best actor and the best personality award in the ita,questions like "Who is rajeev khandelwal??","Is he a good actor?","Does he have projects on hand?","Did he succeed with time bomb?",
will be automatically answered.

We'll seee if we can get this guys number or mail id so that even we can share a piece of our mind with him.

vinnu thumbnail
hey jhinuk u can share ur piece of mind by going to this page, there u will find "comment on this story" . u can put ur views. I have already made my point on him.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/special/boxpopuli/y2k5/nov/b oxpopuli43.htm
princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Now i want to throw Big Big Base ball bat on this Subhask\h K zha's head... 😡 😡 😡
Kya Kth mein Kya bacha hai..aab...kekta ka chamcha... 😡
Gury ko kricize kar ne who actually gives Robotic expression...
Subhash Is wooden dumb face..who does not know what is really acting...
i want to throw the bomb in his tv set to don't to see him any Rajiv;s show..
Stupid kahin ka..he is just 😡
vinnu thumbnail
This is the review which he gave before.
He loved watching Rajeev before and suddenly Rajeev became Wooden faced.

It's raining bombs and moms

(Posted on 22 June 2005)

I must say Rohit Roy is a good actor specially in roles that require a touch of roguishness. I also enjoy watching Rajiv Khandelwal in Zee's much-publicized Time Bomb. Though I must also confess I am disappointed by the serial. Too much happening, too little substance to back up the hyperactivity.

And that split-screen technique which works so well in Friends seems a bit of an aberration in Time Bomb.

princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Vinnu for giving me link..I posted my weird comment to that Subhash k zha... 😡 😡 😡
-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Is he mad person by d way who d hell he is ???😡
Samrene thumbnail
😡 😡 😡 i sooooooooo wish i could use abusive words here!!!! 😡
i say this is some kekta chamcha!!! 😡 SEE HIS NAME HAS "K" IN IT!!!!! 😡