|| Daddy Day Care || Prem Chahat One Shot

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

I wasn't going to write this shot, but oh well I'll give reasoning near the bottom! πŸ˜›

His plan wasn't working. Instead of melting and giving in to his tactics, she was growing further away; taking their daughter with him. His Chahat. It had been weeks since he'd seen her and he was dying to just see another angelic smile on her face. She had the ability to restore his own confidence in himself. He just knew it.

He had heard Heer talking to Chahat earlier on the phone and his heart ached. She was his daughter. Someone he wanted to love and cherish for his life but she had never given him the chance.

He walked out of the bureau, headed to his office when he saw someone. Someone who made him blink a few times. His Chahat was getting off the large bus in front of him and he saw her squint into the sun just like he always did. A small smile crept onto his face as he watched her tiny feet make their way into the building across her. He looked up and saw that it was like a day care.

This was it. He'd meet his daughter here. He parked his car and strode into the building with a wide smile on his face.  A receptionist saw him and so she stopped him.

"Aap kahan jaa rahe hain sir?"

"Mujhe Chahat Juneja se milna hain."

"Usse aapka rishta kya hai?

His mouth got dry. Should he admit to being her father? No that would upset Heer even more.

"Main unki ma ka dost hoon."

"Agar Chahat aapko dekhegi to pehchanegi?"

Would she recognize him? He sure hoped so. He nodded before the receptionist disappeared to bring Chahat out.

She came into the lobby looking flustered; just like Heer always did when she was interrupted while doing something important. He could only imagine what Chahat must've been doing.

"Beta, aap inko jaante ho?"

His adorable daughter frowned; both her eyebrows scrunching together making him smile. She really was the epitome of innocence.

"Hotel ke owner ji!" she exclaimed.

He smiled wider, not the greeting he wanted to hear but the main thing was that she remembered him.

"Right beta," Prem leaned down and touched her cheek affectionately.

"Aap yahaan kya kar rahe hain?" She looked up.

"Main aapke saath khelne aaya hoon. Khel sakhta hoon?" He winked at her causing her to let out a light giggle.

"Chahat bahot khush hogi agar aap unke saath khelenge to. Chaliyen," She took his hand and he had to shake his head to get rid of the tears forming. She was his daughter but he didn't need to weep every time they came in contact with each other.

She led him to a small colorful room all set with drums and xylophones and all sorts of musical instruments for kids.

"Yahaan kya karna hain?" He asked her as he rolled up his sleeves.

She let go of his hand and stared at him. "Kabhi music nahin bajaya hain?"

He grinned. "Bahot saal pehle mein ek dhun bajata tha,"

"Kis ke liye?" she pulled him down so he was sitting on the floor.

For your mother, he smiled at the thought before answering. "Tha koi khaas. Aab aap bataye. Kya song karna hain."

"Woh 'Papa Ki Pari' song hain na?" Chahat waited for Prem to respond and he wanted to smile. Would she really be singing a song for him? He nodded slowly. "Main woh song aapni style mein gaongi. Sunoge?"

Prem nodded again as he leaned back against the wall.

Chahat smiled as she folded her fingers to make a pretend mike as she pretended to sing. "Maama Ki Pari Hoon Main...Aayi Main Aayi Neele Gagan Se...Laayi Main Laayi Taaron Ke Chun Ke.."

"Ek minute," Prem interrupted his eyebrows creasing.

"Kya hua uncle ji?" Chahat frowned.

"Tumne papa ki pari ko maama ki pari kyun banaya?"

Chahat shrugged. "Chahat ke paas Papa nahin hain sirf Maama hi hain."

"Tum aapni Maama se bahot pyar karti ho na?"

"Chahat ke liye wohi sab kuch hain." Chahat smiled.

"Aur main?" Prem smiled slowly. He was lying to himself; it was too much of a hollow smile.

"Hum to abhi mile hain. Phir agli baar se aap Chahat ke dost." She grinned earnestly at him and he smiled back.

He figured it all out at that moment. She was an innocent child but she had said the truth so simply. Heer was everything for Chahat and Prem was trying to interfere. He should let them be happy in their own world and silently just cling to the hope that one day Heer would understand and let him back into their life.

"Uncle, aap sunoge?" Chahat asked softly.

"Chahat, main aapse kuch keh sakhta hoon?" Prem asked.

"Kya?" she asked.

"Idhar aao," he smiled as he beckoned her closer with his hands.

Chahat promptly stood and walked closer to Prem.

"Mujhe pata hain ke aapki Maama aapke zindagi mein kya value rakhti hain lekin agar aapko kabhi bhi kisi dost ki ya kisi se baat karni ho na, to aap mujhe karna. Chahat, mein aapka dost bana chatha hoon. Sabse special dost. Banogi?" Prem held out his hand and tilted his head to the side.

Chahat looked down at his hand and back up at his face before nodding.  "Aapka dost ban ne main Chahat ko bahot aacha lagega,"

This brought a smile to his face and it gave him a sense of relief. "Thanks Chahat,"

Chahat's tiny mouth formed an 'o' before she spoke again. "Dosti ka ek usul hain Uncle, no sorry; no thank you."

"Yeh to kisi film ka line haina?" Prem frowned and scratched his chin.

"Ji haan," Chahat smiled.

Right then the same receptionist walked through the door.

"Chalo Chahat, tumhari ma aayi hain,"

Prem jumped up at that and Chahat looked at him curiously.  "Kya hua?"

"Wohβ€”mujhe kuch kaam yaad agaya," Prem smiled and lightly kissed Chahat's cheek.

He turned to leave until Chahat's tiny hand grasped his big one.

"Kya hua?"

"Hum phir milenge na?" Chahat smiled.

"Of course." He smiled back before leaving.

This was ultimately better, he decided. He'd be friends with his daughter before telling her that he was indeed her father. The one she had never gotten a chance to know. She'd be happier with her mother. The woman who had raised her to be such a perfect replica of the both of them.

How was that? 😳 Yes I've been told it needs a sequel by Bhav, and so I might plan to do one? 😳 Anyways....see with this shot, this whole Maama ki Pari line has been stuck in my head forever, and so I just had to write it 😳

Love you,

Meera😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dark Love thumbnail
me

*back*

*content sigh* You know how much I love Prem-Chahat right? *hint: check dabba*

I love how this focuses on their relationship...because personally, not only do I LOVE guys when they're w/kids, I LOVE how Prem and Chahat are bickering and the expressions on their faces...priceless. Memories. *clicks pictures* The look on Prem's face when he saw Chahat yesterday...☺️

It's soo cuute how he a smile lit up his face when he saw Chahat...and the way he's all affectionate...πŸ€ͺ

And the whole "befriend the daughter first" is amazing! 😳

Fabulous Meera!! πŸ‘
Edited by Dark Love - 14 years ago
sourpuss thumbnail
First off, I LOVE the title! 🀣

It's so adorable when Chahat refers to herself in the third person! πŸ˜† And this oneshot had a lot of that!

Anyway, you know I loved this one...The whole concept itself was so cute, and with Prem playing with her, having a daddy-daughter moment...it's like, a Kodak moment or something!

Write a sequel!

Love,
Bhav (:
fungrl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
awww................you gotta write the sequel soon, I mean you can't just be thinking about it.........sequel needs to be written and pretty fast........please go back to writing an work your creative little fingers......i am waiting...lol

brilliant as usual
P.Kamaljit.Sean thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
hey meera
wow that was fantastic
loved the title
and also love the line
mama ki pari hoon mein
nice
tooo goood
i love it
~Rinki~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Another adorable shot!
Its even more cuter now that its finished...i love it.
Prem ki chahat and his new best friend...soo cute!
I love tht, im actually hoping to see that Prem and her become friends and then Heer needs him. *buahaha* Ahem ahem.
Awww...*pinches cheeks* Chahat in third person, reminds me when me and Kimz go in that mode.
And then Prem and her becoming friends, is just cute. I feel like srsly pinching their cheeks.
Looooovvvveeedddd It.
- Rinki

And Yes i demand a sequel as well. 😎
Btw, loved the title, reminds me of the movie. πŸ˜†
-iPayal- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
aww! really cute! the title is awesome! daddydaycare! lolz:)
If I had my way, I'd turn every shot of yours into a sequel. *preens*

This was so out there, Prem risking his neck and all, I loved the shot, but the talking in third person irks me. It's ok by like a 3 year old, but she's almost 6. πŸ˜† Hate it in the show as well!

But it was so simple Meera, it almost didn't have an ending. Hence - sequel. Make it your 101.

--shabz
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Aw, so adorable.

And definitely needs a sequel!

Love,
Radz

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks everyone! 😳