Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*sowmya* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
[QUOTE=sunaina02]I don't remember when I met Aamna last'

Rajeev Khandelwal is back with a bang on television with Star Plus' new reality show Sach Ka Saamna, albeit as a host. Srabanti Chakrabarti speaks to Khandelwal on everything right from his career to his love life

Welcome back to television. What made you come back to the small screen?

Thank You! To be frank, I was not very keen on doing another show on television and had initially thought of saying not doing it, when I was first approached. But producer, Siddharth Basu gave me a CD with some episodes of  The Moment of Truth and requested that I went home and watched a few episodes. I did as suggested and after that, just had to agree. I was hooked to the concept. I felt this was something I would really enjoy doing. And when I heard the questions that would be asked, I felt everyone could relate to them.  

Why did you leave television?

I was not happy with the way daily soaps were being made. There were negativity and bad vibes that most serials were portraying. I did not want to be part of that. Sach Ka Saamna is completely different from that. It is challenging, exciting and unique.  

But even Sach' has a negative factor too. There have been stories of marriages breaking because of revelations in  The Moment of Truth. What stops something similar happening in Sach'?

A marriage or any other relationship cannot be built on the foundation of lies. Truth has to prevail, sooner or later. And through this show we are just allowing truth to come out. I feel this is an extremely positive show where people can sort out their differences after knowing the truth. On one hand, we advocate truth, but on the other hand, we criticise a show that inspires people to be truthful. I don't think that is fair. We are not making fun of people or selling their secrets on television. We are helping them speak the truth. And by doing this, I feel we may end up saving many relationships.  

Do you find it difficult to ask such ultra-personal questions to contestants?

It is difficult. There are questions, which I feel extremely uncomfortable with. In those situations, I tell that participant whether I should go ahead or not. If he approves, I ask. There are instances when I want the participant to do well, but at the same time I know the question can wreak havoc in his family ' it becomes very difficult to stay emotionally detached. I am getting used to it. I think, more than emotional detachment, hosting this show requires one to be non-judgmental. The participant may confess something which I may not like. But instead of being judgmental, it is important to praise the courage of the person.  

If you were not hosting the show, would you be a participant?

(Smiles) The day I decide to move out of public life, I will be on the show. But till the time I am a celebrity, I would prefer avoiding it. As a celebrity, we try our best to hold on to our private lives. I would not like that to become public at this point of time.  

Your return to television is also leading to obvious questions including the one on your film career. Is everything ok on the film front after the success of Aamir?

Yes, of course ' everything is going on as planned. I have enough on my plate to keep me busy. My second film ' Peter Gaya Kaam Se is almost over and it will be released within the next few months. Then there is Return Gift, directed by Saurabh Narang. Work has already started on that. I came back to television because of this fantastic show, not because of any other reason. 

There were rumours of your producers not agreeing to you anchoring Sach Ka Saamna'

(Smiles) The long hairstyle that I sport now is part of my look for Peter Gaya Kaam Se. Though my look in the film is much wilder, initially my film's producers were hesitant as the new look would be out of the closet and that I would be overexposed on television. But later, when they learned that I would be hosting the remake of  The Moment of Truth, they immediately agreed. So it was not really an issue. Everyone is happy about my comeback with Sach'  

Last, but not the least, will you invite Aamna Shariff, your former lady love to the show?

Please, let me come out of Sujal's (his character name in the soap Kahiin To Hoga) image and his romance with Kasish (Aamna). I have moved on since then. I don't even remember when I met Aamna last. Currently there is someone else in my life.

is he is mad or something else?..he is sick 😑 πŸ˜‘

whether he loved aamna or not but this is def not the way to talk about her..

i am disgusted with his guy 🀒...is this the way a man of 33 years talks?
Edited by *sowmya* - 14 years ago
*sowmya* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaina_b

Its really sad!!!!!  

Sowmya girls even working girls are a responsibility which parents like to finish off as fast as possible!!!!!!

They just like to get them off their backs as fast as possible kyunki aaj nahi toh kal toh shaadi karwani hai toh aaj kyun nahi!!!!

Luckily I live in a state where girls hardly marry before finishing their post graduation!!!!!

Well a girl without a masters degree won't be able to get a good groom here anyways!!!!!πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

But one of my friends in collg recently got married and she is still doing her masters!!!!!!

She is the oldest of 3 sisters and 1 brother and hearing it we understood that her parents wanted to get a job done!!!!!

i totally agree with you..most of the parents just wants their daughters to get married soon, some coz of their superstitious beleives & some coz of other reasons like girl's age, parents becum old n many more..

there are few things in life which should n must happen at the proper age,time, place n with correct person, otherwise it becumes too late..time is very precious it won't wait for anyone..we have to go alongwith time..

but i hate those people/parents who believe girl is a bhoj & get rid of her as soon as possible, this is where i dont agree 😑..

glad to know abut your locality..kaash aise soch sab ke hote πŸ˜”
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Well its not the think or its not that the parents don't try before that!!!!!But its just that a guy with a good job will at the minimum want an M.A. pass girl!!!!

The parents basically think what will happen after they are longer there!!!!!πŸ˜•Again according to them its a responsibilty the sooner fulfiled the better!!!!!

yazh. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
so sowmya you are a tamizhachi...

Hi shaina, ......

sarah gets a human on a flying carpet we all get animals

ashi like that cat, snooty cat.... she certainly looks royal

digimon_pokemon thumbnail

Originally posted by: yazh1

so sowmya you are a tamizhachi...

Hi shaina, ......