Sonakshi will never let us down: Shatrughan Sinha

Ride_It thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Sonakshi will never let us down by doing any indecent role: Shatrughan Sinha

Actor-turned-politician Shatrughan Sinha will now be romancing yesteryear beauty Rekha. They are featured together in a matured love story "Aaj Fir Jeene Ki Tamanna Hai', directed by Ramesh Talwar. Sinha got candid with media at the launch event and spoke about films and politics.

On "Aaj Phir Jeene Ki Tamanna Hai'
This film is co-produced by my wife Poonam Sinha. She enticed me by casting Rekha opposite me and I could not refuse. My fans have also been missing me in films, as now I am in opposition this time; I can take out some time to do films.

On the director Ramesh Talwar
If Nishabd did not do well on the box office it does not mean Amitabh Bachchan is not a good actor. Ramesh is a good director I have worked with him in a play called "pati, patni aur woh' and audience did like it. Hits and flops are not the parameter to judge the ability of a person.

Future projects
I am also doing a film with Hema Malini which is a romantic comedy.

On his daughter Sonakshi's acting career
She is doing a film with Salman khan. It has a good storyline and Sonakshi has a strong role to play. Sonakshi will never let us down by doing any indecent role.

On politics
Mein film industry ka pehla villain tha jiske aane pe taaliyaan bajti thi (I was industry's first villain whose entry was cheered on by the audience) and I was the first actor to become cabinet minister.

I got recognition through films but I have been doing creative and constructive work for which Janta has always respected me. It has been possible only because of the love and support that I have been receiving from them.

On Shekhar Suman
Shekhar has said "bhaiyya mana karenge toh chunaav nahi ladunga, bhaiya se pooncha kaha". (I will not contest elections if brother (Shatrughan) says so, well he (Shekhar) never asked) He got personal during the election.

Then I only reacted to it saying ki woh Bandar ki tarah harkat kar raha hai. Tum dusron ki pol kholte the, aaj tumhari hi khul gayee. (He started acting like a monkey. He wanted to bust others but instead he himself got busted.)

On global warming
I am not versed with the subject but people who talk about it have been commuting in AC cars. Aise bade bade log ghadiyaali aansoo bahate hai. (These big men just shed crocodile tears)