return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Now this is a very controversial topic. However, most people have been discussing a lot of other sensitive topics in a mature manner, so I am confident that we can address this with that sensitivity and maturity.

Basically this stemmed from the thread related to prostitution - where I stated that sex and love are separate entities. Clodpolish also added that there are a lot of complex moralities involved - there is sexual morality, religious morality, morality related to marriage.

The question up for discussion is - how do you perceive love and sex morally? Are they separate entities - or are they tied together inseparably. Is love necessary for sex, and is marriage necessary for sex? And if both are, do you honestly believe that marriage and love actually always both occur together.

Be Good all. I'll be watching you. πŸ˜‰ Report any misbehavior.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Is it just me, or is Sarina obsessed with sex these days?

To add my conservative bit, I personally believe that the three entities that you speak of, follow this order: love, marriage, sex. But that's just me.

I think love inspires one into marriage, and sex perhaps consummate ones marriage. Sex without love, in my opinion, is lust. 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Oh dear. Am I really giving that impression? πŸ˜•

To add my conservative bit, I personally believe that the three entities that you speak of, follow this order: love, marriage, sex. But that's just me.

You sound like Cesar Milan. I think ideally, most people, not just conservative people would like to have love and commitment before sex.

I think love inspires one into marriage, and sex perhaps consummate ones marriage. Sex without love, in my opinion, is lust. 

Ideally people marry people they love. However, many people do enter marriages that are arranged or against their will. While they eventually may fall in love. Consummation sometimes takes place before that love is there. That bothers me a lot. For me its like lying to yourself. Its like sleeping with a stranger. For while I may consider sex and love separate entities, for me love is of utmost importance for sex. I cannot imagine married or unmarried sex without that love being there.

Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

personally, yea , love is necessary for sex.

And culturally, marriage is necessity for sex and i believe in it !

Marriage and love obviously don't always occur together, but sex is necessary after marriage to have babiesπŸ˜†

Mindbender thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Who isn't? πŸ˜† Just take a glance at DM and see what it is filled with. πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Consummation sometimes takes place before that love is there.

Is it? I do not think so - not unless at least one of the party loves the other. I mean, I do not think the married couples are going for a sex before they think they have known each other pretty well. Also, a good and warm sex (ahem, ahem πŸ˜†) may give rise to love.

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I cannot imagine married or unmarried sex without that love being there.

Err ... I thought you support prostitution and not the least bothered by it (correct me if I am being wrong in any way)?
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago
Mindbender thumbnail
Btw - what about love without sex ?
Do you think it exists?

Originally posted by: clodpolish

Btw - what about love without sex ?

Do you think it exists?

Absolutely. Ever heard of asexual people? They too fall in love, get married, label themselves as straight, gay, bi, pan, omni, and all that there is. How do they do it sex is the only aspect of love? While I agree that both sex and love are interconnected, they are not one and the same.
Mindbender thumbnail
Another thing , is there a belief that exists out there that men are more probable to have sex without love rather than women?
If there is , where does it stem from?