sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Speak UP!

Hi guys,

This is the first time I'm trying this and I think it would be a never-been-done-before thing on India-Forums.

Entitled "Speak UP!" I hope to encourage everyone to join this discussion or learning thread, where everyone who posts gets a chance to talk in Rajasthani.

Lumping "Rajasthani" as one language is very wrong of me as it doesn't really exist, but for the sake of this learning topic, I am going to, so that we can help you to learn the Rajasthani language.

So, from now on, try to use little English in your posts and Speak UP in Rajasthani. Don't worry if you get it wrong, someone will correct you and hopefully you'll get it right.

For those of us who are Gujrati, you'll find this easier than others. But basically, how to speak Rajasthani, is to fuse Hindi and Gujrati.

This isn't a topic meant to insult or offend anyone, just trying to get people to learn how to speak (but write it) in a new language, so please don't take offence.

Hopefully, this might help some people to understand what the people of Chittod say as I know some people find it hard to understand.

Edited by sattvik - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sattvik thumbnail
So here goes:

Rana Ratan Singh ko ek bahut badi uljhan ma chhe, ke usko Nagmati na Vachan nibhaye (ke voh Padmini ka Mahel ma, suraj dhalne ke baad, per nahi rakhega, agar voh inka baccha chahiye).

Aap logon ko kya rai chhe is bat ma?

Translation

Ok, so I don't know Rajasthani and have tried my hand at it but here is what I have tried to say but in English:

King Ratan Singh is in a big problem that he has to follow Nagmati's promise that after sunset, he won't be able to meet Padmini in her Mahel if he wants his child. What are your guys thoughts on this?

Also, if anybody knows any of the Rajasthani dialects, please PM me, we need you! Also, apologies as I don't intend to offend so please don't take offence!
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks sattvik.

I have to learn Hindi properly first to try my hand at any other language that is related to it.

But I will follow this topic as much as I can, only thing I can't contribute much.
sattvik thumbnail
Vibishna, the way I learnt Hindi was from serials with subtitles....

Basically, just try and watch as much as you can (when your free) and it will help.... If only CKRPKJ had subtitles....
LeadOxide thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Its pretty interesting man, keep it up