Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Anhdara13

Yeah, I agree, it is in Gauri's nature to be more forgiving, at least when compared to her sisters. 😆 The rest all have such tempers, and give such long bhashans! 😆

Oh, I cannot wait to see what you write. I just realised I read one of your Adi-Maithilli FFs, and I absolutely love your writing style, so anything you write will be phenomenal!

I hope you update soon!

Love,
Radz

I didn't realize you also ventured into the KGGK parts.. 😆
Unfortunately I haven't really felt up to continuing those FFs! Glad you enjoy this one!
--arti-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: missindia26

Hi Arti 😊

Awesome FF!! 👏
Im already addicted! 😲
You've made me love the Akash-Gauri jodi! 😛
And lovely banner btw love the words and also they both look nice 😊
But they look even nicer in the one underneath wow Aleeza looks so different 😲
Love your writing style, very clear and pleasant 😃
Absolutely love Gauri's chaaracter, very slef-respecting, sweet, diligent, confident - talking back to Menka and advisin Akash - whoop whoop! 😃
"crutches" - haha so true 😆
Liked Gauri's reminiscing about Savitri, she annoys me at times 😕
Love your descriptions of Gauri -  very pretty! 😛
Oooh Mayank's quite cute 😊
Oooh Im sure Gauri will help the company 😃
Hehe Akash doesn't like girls throwing themselves at him, like how you've slightly diluted him so he has flaws but he's not a horrible idiot
Cannot wait 2 read more 😛
Continue soon 😉
Love TJ x

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, really wanted to make Akash's character grey. A bit of a bad boy and slacker, but not horrible altogether..  Hope you keep reading! 😊

Originally posted by: Jess.

Wowww Arti! Y
ou are a very good writer!  the words you used and how you describe things...just amazing 👍🏼 👏 
Very Professional looking and easy for me to read(thank god!)...its hard to read and enjoy when people dont spell properly and use the short versions of words 😆

But i like where the story is going so far!! You described gauri wonderfully and it made me think  whether or not it was THE Gauri from GKLB  😆
and aawwww mayank likes gauri!! ❤️

Thanks so much Jess. 😊 I agree sometimes it's hard when people use really big fonts or short form in FF. I read lots of FFs too, and I think it helps with the reading ease to keep it simple.

Yeah, totally not going for the Gauri from GKLB, it's a different avatar of her..

Originally posted by: *Maleena*

i really like this so far! can't wait for the rest!

Thanks Maleena. Will update soon!
--arti-- thumbnail

Thanks for reading!
MissPriceyy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This is better than the show!!! amazing job , this made my dayy!=]!!
--arti-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: MissPriceyy

This is better than the show!!! amazing job , this made my dayy!=]!!

Aw! Thanks, glad you liked it.. will update soon.
--arti-- thumbnail
In the last part, a new character was introduced: Mayank.

The next part will introduce another character, Tanya Mathur:

I'll post the next part tomorrow.
Edited by --arti-- - 14 years ago
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Can't wait! And yay for Mayank!

Love,
Radz

--arti-- thumbnail
Hi Radz! Going to post the third part now.

There are company names I am introducing in this part. Akash and Gauri's company is called Diamond Tours. Dhiraj Mathur's company is called Mathur Transport.

Tanya Mathur's character and past will be explored in upcoming chapters, and will be connected to Gauri and Akash.

Hope you guys like it! Please leave comments and suggestions.
--arti-- thumbnail
Part
THREE

I

at Mathur Transport company

Dhiraj Mathur was a strong man, not merely by account of the fact that he had a tall and commanding presence, but also because he was well versed in a range of business related expertise. He had not particularly risen up the hard way, as his father had handed over much of the business to him, but he often had to fight to keep it. Mathur Transport had proposed a merger deal to Diamond Tours, the travel agency owned by Devyani Shah. They were old rivals, but Mathur Transport had clearly outdone its competition and was now ready to consolidate it into a new, thriving business. The terms of the merger would be worked out in 2 days at a mutual board meeting between the two companies.

Tanya entered the room.

"Dad, these people are not fit to be a 50% owner of Diamond Tours.. the amount of profit they have made is negligible. If we are going to merge, I want us to hold 60% of shares of Diamond tours, and give only 20% of Mathur Transport to them."
"That is hardly a fair deal, Tanya"
"Let them prove that it's unfair. After all, our revenue is bigger, and their company may well be sinking. They might find the deal most fair."

Mr. Mathur knew it would take some years for his daughter to become a seasoned businesswoman. She was calculating, but she didn't understand that that was not the basis of making deals. Deals were made for long term profit, never with merely the short term in mind.

"I would like to be in charge of handling this and dealing with them, dad, I have done a lot of research on their overall business profile," Tanya said matter-of-factly. She knew her father would have to agree. She had proved to be a competent businesswoman, even despite her trips and minor falls here and there. Ultimately, if her father had a weakness from a business point of view, it was his belief in her despite her sometimes hasty ideas and plans.

"Alright, but do an overview of your proposal with me before heading to the meeting," he said. Tanya nodded absently, looking away from his eyes. Eventually she made her way back into her own office.

What he didn't realize at this point is that Tanya would indeed do an overview of her proposal with him, but that it would not be the final proposal deals. She would show him one thing, and present another thing at the merger meeting. She didn't enjoy lying to her father, but she would have to do this to prove her capabilities. And when he does find out eventually, he'd be proud of her. After all, the details of these kind of deals are kept so secret until something emerges, so he wouldn't find out right away.

As Tanya stared into her computer screen, getting to work on this proposal, the bluish white glow of the monitor cast a familiar glow on her face. She had spent hours like this, with the sharp features of her face facing the screen. An entirely familiar sight. But the difference this time was the zeal with which she worked, as if she had to prove something. Her beautiful face acquired a new sternness, almost cold. This hid in it not only ambition, but a deep insecurity about her father. A long story which she was not willing to relive today. Today, there was work to do.

The surrounding chatter of the office slowly turned mute for Tanya. The only thing that spoke to her was the numbers she was working with on her computer screen. Of course, there was also another voice, one that never left her. A faint voice coming from the small rectangular photo frame beside the computer. The voice of a frail mother, once telling her daughter some words that she never forgot. A mother who had died too soon, before her daughter could ever understand, or recover from those words.

II

Diamond Tours

Akash and Devyani had spent all morning working through the merger details. He was trying to grasp all the details, and also realized how out of touch he was with all aspects of their business. But he owed it to his mother to make it up to her, and he resolved to make the merger his top priority. He would stop at nothing to make sure it was successful and profitable to Diamond Tours.

He had sent his mother home mid-way through the workday. She got another one of her severe stress headaches, and it hurt him to see the energy she was devoting to this while he was perfectly capable of doing it. Devyani smiled with relief when he offered to take on the work for the rest of the day. An unexplored, yet strangely satisfying feeling emerged in Akash. He was being responsible for a change. He decided he would have lunch at the office today instead of going out.

Before he could enter the small office canteen, he could hear faint echoes of subdued laughter. The voice sounded familiar, but the laughter itself was completely unfamiliar. As he entered through the door into the canteen, he came face to face with the origin of the laugh. Gauri. A mildly surprised Akash smiled at her. This was the first time he had seen her like this, truly unwinding, truly relaxed. She smiled widely. Not at him, but at the person who had cracked the joke which made her laugh in the first place. It was Mayank, who had his back to Akash. With the new awareness that Akash was in the canteen, a soft hush fell over the place. Mayank turned around to nod in his direction, wondering what Akash was doing there. Akash had almost broken an unsaid rule.

It's not only that Akash preferred to eat outside, but the office canteen was only for the small creatures. It was a modest little place, with fluorescent lighting, nutritious sandwiches, and maybe noodles if it was a Friday. He realized that his presence in the canteen made its occupants, not only Gauri and Mayank, but also the two men from accounting and the young woman from human resources... what was her name, Reena?... alert in a way that he enjoyed.

Mayank and Gauri awkwardly headed to their table with their trays of food.
"Should we invite him to sit with us?" asked Gauri
"He will sit with us if he wants to," answered Mayank. After all, Mayank was his PA, he knew Akash's arrogance. If only he knew that Akash's arrogance was the kind that was also sensitive, and that direct and indirect rejection was impossible for him to handle. He was just that kind of guy, who kept his insides well shielded with a generous dose of arrogance.
"I wonder what he's doing here," Gauri continued.
"Yeah, good question.." Mayank trailed off, hoping to restart their earlier conversation before Akash had entered the canteen.
But Gauri continued to remain curious about Akash's presence. What was it? Did she merely love challenges, figuring out people? If anyone among the staff had clued into Akash's insecurities, it was Gauri. She was his PA even before Mayank, and Gauri was a silent observer. She was far more insightful and intuitive about people than she herself was willing to admit. But her modesty about her qualities was often misguided, she was modest because she was shy, because she feared she might be wrong, or because she might come across as showing off. These were the kinds of tensions that her upbringing had left in her. Her mother had always indirectly taught her that a woman must somehow be embarrassed, almost ashamed, to stand out. A woman had to blend in, perhaps, even if she was skilled at what she did. Perhaps. Perhaps not.
Mayank interrupted her thought process again.
She resumed their light-hearted banter. Mayank was becoming a good friend, though not quite a confidante. She felt flattered by the attention he gave to her abilities, her qualities. There was something that prevented her from truly exposing her inner self to him. Maybe it was the way he made her feel... beautiful. The slight current of sexual chemistry, undetectable to either of them. The occasional flirting, the blushing. The little dance that they did. The way they both were caught between what they knew and what they didn't know.

Akash had sauntered off into his office a long time ago. He finished his sandwich in the quiet of his office. Without his mother inside to guide him, he felt a strange kind of loneliness. He didn't understand why he felt this way, but he didn't need to. There was plenty on his mind as it is. He returned to the merger files.

Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I feel so bad for Akash. And even for Gauri. What her upbringing has done for her. *pouts* Though, I have a feeling that what Akash will bring out in her is confidence, the confidence she needs, and she will lower his gaurds somewhat. At least, I hope that happens.

Tanya seems an intriguing character. Cannot wait for more of your magical updates!

Love,
Radz