Romit Raj leaves Betiyann for Big B - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Romit Raj leaves Betiyann for Big B

Romit Raj won't be known by his onscreen name Yuvraj much longer. The actor is leaving Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyann and his character will soon be killed off. However, off-screen, things seem to be looking up for him. Romit may soon be seen starring alongside Amitabh Bachchan in a movie.

Talking about his decision to quit, Romit says, "I have been doing the show for the past two and a half years and I was bored of doing the same thing. I'm thankful that the creative team agreed to my decision. I have not shot for the last episode of the show yet; I think July 15 will be my last day."

Ronit's other show Maayka, where he plays Jeet, is also wrapping up. He adds, "I will always cherish the memories I have from both shows. I think Maayka will finish within two months, though I am not sure. Anyway, I have decided to move on."

As he'll soon be free from all his TV commitments, Ronit sees moving on to films as a natural progression in his career. He says, "I have done two films in the past: Humdum and Yatra. Kushal Nandi directed the latter film. He is making his next movie with Amitabh Bachchan and it is titled The Actor. He has offered me a role in it. If things work out, I will do the film. It would be a dream come true to share screen space with Mr. Bachchan."

When he thinks about bidding farewell to Betiyann, Romit can't help but recall the good times he had on the show. He says, "I still remember the day I walked onto the sets. Rajan sir (Shahi) was directing and he told me that it was the best phase of my life so I should enjoy it. He said I'd have a great time doing the show. I also remember a few scenes, like the one I did on kotha, which came out really well. There was also this scene where Yuvraj throws his entire family out of the house. I had to cut my hand in one sequence to prove that I was not a culprit, after which I threw my onscreen father in the valley. We shot the entire scene in the rain. Lastly, my wedding scene, when I had to ride a horse, was the best."

Talking about his personal life, Romit says he hopes to tie the knot with Shilpa Shinde by the end of this year but he remained tightlipped about any further details of their upcoming wedding.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090703_15

• Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media
  • Friday, July 03, 2009

• Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nancy_loveSK thumbnail
    Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
    best of luck for your career.its better to move on..........
    Sillykitty thumbnail
    Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
    OMG, I loved him and Shilpa's pairing in Mayka..

I was mad when they replaced shilpa with kanchi
    vivalife4ever thumbnail
    Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Congrats to Romit. Actor with sense like all the others who left this show.