|| A Walk In The Park || Surprise One Shot!

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Hello! *waves* How you all doing? 😳 I actually started writing this last night but there was a certain part where I totally just got stuck and so I decided to continue this again today and I hope the person who it's for enjoys it! 😃😳

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~

Her heart was doing flips inside her chest as she watched him dance with her. A girl who she had grown to despise; how dare she try to move in on their friendship? She and Preet had been friends practically since they were born and now suddenly he seemed distant as if she wasn't worth his attention anymore. Not when there were girls like Ashlesha around.

Ashlesha was the popular type who always carried more makeup in their college book bag rather than actual bags and that annoyed her. Preet never used to be like this. He always valued the good things in life not stupid things like looks and status and all that.

She wiped away a single tear that she didn't even realize had fallen right as one of her friends came up to her.

"Hey," Rinki smiled as she handed her a bottle of water.

"Hi," she muttered as she unscrewed the top of the bottle and swigged some.

"Are you okay?" Rinki asked in a whisper.

She turned and saw the concern she used to have in her eyes for Rinki reflected back for her. Rinki had been her first friend to fall head over heels in love with her friend Preet. At that time she knew Preet was never into girls that way and that one faithful Valentine's Day when Rinki had confessed her undying love for him—she had been the one to control her tears. Rinki was over it now—she had found her real true love; Farid. Someone who kept her happy despite whatever her mood could be. Sure they had fights but who didn't; the point was that Rinki was happy with him.

She sighed. "Yeah I'm fine."

"I know." Rinki whispered again.

"What do you know?" she asked swallowing.

"The new found feelings you have."

"H—how?" She could only mutter.

Rinki smiled and shook her head. "That was me a few years ago."

She didn't want to believe it. She was in love with Preet? Her friend—the one person who literally knew all her deep dark secrets? What could that mean? Should she come out and tell him? Or should she let it be and just hope that it'd pass?

She turned and saw Rinki shaking her head as if she knew what she was thinking. "You should tell him—before it's too late," She nodded towards Ashlesha who was twirling herself around a happy Preet.

"I—can't."

With that she turned on her heel and stormed out of the house, not sure where her steps were leading her. She just hurried to escape—let the pain flow away from her. Her steps slowed as she approached a small park. The street lights illuminated it and it made it feel welcoming to her right now. There was a small gravel path that led to a small bench on the side, overshadowed by the trees. She quickly glanced around and walked quickly to take refuge on the quiet bench.

The cold night air whizzed around her playing with her long tresses as she huddled her body closer to herself. The coldness made her eyes go numb and her nose was feeling as if with one touch it would fall from her face. Tears started to fall from her face, tracing patterns on her dry face.

Suddenly an arm came and pulled her closer to a warm welcoming body. Closing her eyes she could feel that this person was Preet. She resisted the need to open her eyes. She wanted to live and grasp her dream. She brought her hands in front of her and held onto her saviour's front jacket; feeling the cold zipper against her fingers. Her eyes stayed closed as she let the person stroke her hair back and keep his arms enclosed around her in an embrace.

Finally after a few moments of tranquility she eased herself out of his embrace her eyes still fought to stay closed but finally she let them open.

"Preet?" She gaped as he sat there giving her his trademark smile. "You—busy. How you here?" she realized what she said was incoherent but she knew he'd figure it out. After all their friendship was that good.

"I wasn't busy. I was just having some fun. And I'm here because Rinki told me you rushed out of there." He said softly. "What happened?"

She felt as if she was swallowing sand in her throat judging by how suddenly it got dry. "I—"

He smiled. "You always tell me if something's wrong, is baar kya hua?"

"Is baar problem tum khud ho!" She let out as she got up from the bench and walked towards the swings. She got herself comfortable on the swings and waited for him to come to her.

"What did I do?" he sat down on the swing next to her and asked in such a vulnerable voice that she felt her heart melting.

Why did he always do this to her? He always made her upset and then melted her completely with his adorable voice.

"Preet—you didn't do anything." She sighed. "It's me. I can't—I don't know what I feel."

"What do you mean?" He asked as he placed his hand out on her cheek.

She could feel the heat transmitting to her cheek and she could feel the pain leaving her body. This was the effect her best friend had on her. She'd never felt this way around anyone other than Preet and that feeling scared her. It was as if she was expecting too much from their relationship and things that he wouldn't be able to follow through on.

"I feel—at ease with you Preet. I can't handle it when you're with someone else. It physically pains me to see you smiling with someone else. I know that being happy in someone else's happiness is the right thing to do but I'm sorry I'm selfish, I don't want to have to see you constantly with someone else when the pain comes and hurts my heart," She sighed and turned away after letting out those feelings.

"I—Shabo?" Preet mumbled as he turned her to face him again. "Do you—are you?"

"I think so," she bit her lip not sure if she should have let out that whole spiel; fearing that their friendship was all over now.

"Oh Shabo, why couldn't you say any of this earlier? Do you have any idea how long I've wanted to say this to you?"

Shabo was stunned. She looked up into his eyes a question burning at her lips. "What?"

Preet sighed and let her go. "I know you think that I 'ignored' Rinki when she told me about how she felt but that wasn't true. That was the moment when I realized how I really felt about you. You were never my friend Shabo; you've always been more to me."

Shabo couldn't believe her ears. Preet, HER Preet was telling her that HE was in love with HER since years ago? Why had she taken so long in realizing it? It didn't matter now, she decided. What mattered was that they both felt the same way about each other.

"Preet—I love you," She smiled as she pulled him closer to her by holding onto the front of his jacket.

"I love you too Shabo," He put his arms around her as she slipped her arms into his jacket, keeping herself warm in the cold air. The moonlight shone down on them with the stars complimenting the entire night.

So? How was it? 😳 The idea randomly came to me while I was sitting on the plane wishing I was ANYWHERE but there and so this story was born, and then I spent about two days wondering who to do it on when I decided that Shabo was so sweet in writing me a tragic shot when I asked for it and she's always so concerned about me that I want her to know that she's special to me! 😃😳 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗Also if you don't feel like commenting, go ahead and hit the 'like' button! 😃

Love you all,

Meera😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~Rinki~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Miiinnneeeeee!!
-edited-
well u alrdy knw my comments, so i wnt babble a lot this time...*clears throat*
I LOVE IT! 😆 All becuz this is such a sweet concept, Hayyeee...And then pshhh, ad if tht Ash can ever steal Preet. *smirks* watch if i dont...ahem *angelic muh*
I love my role...becuz well, im me. I did a cameo, *poses* ask for autographs ppl. 🤣 Im joking.
But rlly, its so cute, i made him realize his love...*pats self on back* im kinda like their cupid then. 😎
Love it, love you and Chocoooo!!!
 -Rinki

ps- how much u wnna bet kimz is gnna say something abt Farid? 🤣
Edited by ~Rinki~ - 14 years ago
sourpuss thumbnail
Awwwww! Yay for Shabz!

I think the bestest love stories are those when best friends become more than that, so yeah, I loved this one! 😳 And I cannot WAIT to see what Shabz has to say about this!

Love,
Bhav (:
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Rinkz, autograph please? *angel wala smile* And I should go tell Kimmu to make a comment about Farid. *evil smirk*

Meera, this was so beautiful. The way Shabz came to the conclusion that Preet had become so much more than her best friend. It was all written very realistically.

She's going to love it!

Love,
Radz

~Rinki~ thumbnail
Radz- Ahem meet me on MSN or in a PM, ill give u millions of autographs. *laughs evilly* 😆 And hush you, as if she's not already nagging at me enough about him. *mutters to self* 😳
indiandoll89 thumbnail
She's not the only one now....I'm here too! 😛
~Rinki~ thumbnail
Meera...wud that be for me? As a little bit of a threat? *tilts head* just so you know, me and him got divorced. *nose in air* 😆
indiandoll89 thumbnail
You were married? 😲 *mouth drops open*
~Rinki~ thumbnail
Erm....i didnt tell you? *tilts head* or was that someone else...
indiandoll89 thumbnail
I can't remember...😆😳