|| Dhoka || Surprise One Shot!

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Before anyone assumes anything....now this isn't inspired by real life--although it'd be nice if it was...as long as it's Prem! 😊 😳 Anyways....I hope you all like it and especially the person it's dedicated for! 😃

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Her eyes were stinging with tears as she drove along sitting alone in the back of a yellow cab. When had things gotten so bad between them? She had always loved Prem with all her heart and deep down she knew he loved her just as much.

Something changed between them though last night. Actually something had changed a few weeks ago back when she had told him that she was going to intern at a fashion designer's boutique. She could still remember the expression on his face.

"You're leaving me Shifali?" He stepped away from her.

She sighed and put her left hand on his warm cheek. "Prem, I'm not leaving you. And besides I'm not going for another three weeks and the internship is only for a month."

"Where is it?" His voice had gone cold.

"In—in Los Angeles." She mumbled as she walked into the kitchen to do the dishes. She waited with bated breath as he stepped behind her.

"Across the country?" His voice had gotten angrier and Shifali wasn't even sure why.

He could go on long trips for months on end; across the globe but she couldn't go across the country?

"Prem, it's not that long," She tried persuading him to see her side but to no avail.

"You're not going and that's final." He stormed out of the kitchen then, unable to hear Shifali's soft words. "I will go."

Then as the weeks passed she noticed him becoming more and more distant. Sure they'd still spend their evenings together; they'd smile and he'd occasionally even bring her flowers but they could both feel the tension that constantly surrounded them.

"JFK airport ma'am," The driver announced pulling Shifali out of her thoughts.

"Thank you," she took a minute to compose herself, wiping away the tear that escaped her eye.

She then stepped out of the car and took her suitcase from the driver and handed him his face. "Thanks again,"

"Have a safe flight ma'am," he saluted her before escaping into the heavy traffic again.

She walked into the automatic doors and looked for her airline's check in counter. Fortunately for her there was no one in line and so she checked in her suitcase.

"Here you go Mrs. Juneja," The attendant handed her the boarding pass. "You're in 2B."

"Is that the aisle of the window?" Shifali asked tucking the pass into her passport.

"The window ma'am,"

Shifali thanked her before advancing towards the security check. While she stood in line she took out her cell phone and saw the background being a happy picture of her and her husband. She sighed as she slipped the phone back in her purse, disappointed that he didn't call or message.

After going through security she walked towards her gate and quickly took a seat by the window and took out a magazine. She didn't know how or when but she drifted back into thoughts of the person who always invaded her mind; Prem.

Their last conversation had been the most heartbreaking one. She had been waiting for him to come home and when the doorbell rang at 10pm she rushed forward and greeted her husband with a smile.

"Kaise ho?"

"Tired," he replied.

"Uh—woh my flight's tomorrow," she felt him freeze as she helped him take off his blazer. "Will you take me to the airport?"

"I can't. I have an early appointment." He had disappeared into his study then and that was the last she saw of him.

She blinked herself back to the present and was surprised when all the tears she had been holding in came spilling out. She dabbed at them with a tissue and didn't even notice when someone came and took the seat next to her.

Slowly a scent wafted around her and she turned to her left but only saw her neighbor's face covered with a newspaper in front. She smiled slowly and shook her head wondering why her heart was playing cruel games with her.

Boarding was announced then and she stood, eager to get away. Away from the pain she was in, away from the pain she had caused him. Just escape from her world for awhile.

She made herself comfortable in the plush beige leather seats before taking out her magazine again.

A person came and sat down next to her. The now familiar scent ignited her senses yet again as she pulled the magazine away from her face and saw the one person who'd always been in her thoughts and her heart. Her face erupted into a huge smile as she him give her a replica smile back.

"What are you doing here?" Relief invaded her heart as he passionately cupped her face in his hands.

"Shifs—did you honestly think I would keep you from your dream job?" Prem smiled at her.

She wasn't sure what her emotions should be right now. Firstly she was just ecstatic that they were talking normally like they always would, then she was completely over the moon about him being on the plane with her—but now she had some questions.

"Why were you so harsh when I first told you about it?" Her face fell just remembering the way she had felt that day.

"I was stunned—happy, but still Shifali you have to understand—I had no clue you were pursuing it again; not that I have any problems with it. But still,"

She sighed. "I have another question...why were you so distant around me?"

"First answer one of mine. You haven't even asked how or why I'm on the plane."

Shifali smiled as she realized he was right. "How?"

"I'll answer both of the questions," He smiled as she leaned her head down on his shoulder. "The minute you told me when you were leaving, I wanted to surprise you by coming with you—the only problem was shifting my base to LA for the next month. Took too much time and there were too many minor details to worry about as well,"

"I'm sorry." She said softly.

"Hey," He lifted her head up and smiled. "You're my wife. I always want to be by your side."

She grinned then—knowing he was telling the truth. The only thing still bothering her was the fact that he lied. "No more surprises okay?"

Prem holds his ears and gives her a cute smile. "Okay,"

Shifali giggled as she slipped her arm into his and leaned her head down on his shoulder again. She should've known she was worrying over everything for no reason at all. Their love wasn't just some mini affair. It had blossomed into a happy and fulfilling marriage.

Now that I read it again...I really have some issues with the ending..😆 Anyways I hope you all enjoyed it! 😊 Comment or hit the like button! 😃 Thanks! 😳

Love you loads,

Meera😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thesemoments thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Of course you will Ravss 😆 

Yayy! reserved!

Well, I loved this part. I really thought that Prem would do that to her. But no he came with Shifali to LA. I love how you described Shifali's feelings. I love how Prem just surprises Shifuu! It was so cute. Really awesome one-shot Meeraa!

Write some more!! 😳

Love youu
Anzaa
Edited by -Anza- - 14 years ago
indiandoll89 thumbnail
@Ravs: you helped with it! 😊

@Anzu: thanks!
-Jwalamukhi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Meera! You are a Heera made with Kheera! KYUN??? Why did you do this! Why did you write me a shot?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YOU WROTE ME A SHOT! I LOVED IT! I AWSOMELY LOVED IT! IT WAS PERFECT!!!!!!! *HUGS*

Meera, I LOVED it! The way you showed me all worried...and Prem being all so caring and coming to LA with me...OMG! That is just toooooooooooo sweet. His surprise to come with me and OMG! I am Mrs. Shifali Prem Juneja?? *faints*☺️

You donno HOW happy I am Meera...my feelings Oh God! They were PUUUURFECT! The way I could sense his fragrance everywhere...OMG! I loved him and oohh..him in the seat beside mine! Ahhhhhhh!

I loved it Meera! I loved it!
Edited by *Shifali* - 14 years ago
I just got home, and kinda have to leave NOW! So short comment! :)

Loved it, and Shifs is going to kill you but that's ok. So sweet of him to change everything just for her. :) Awesome.

I miss you. :)

--shabz
indiandoll89 thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Shifali*

Meera! You are a Heera made with Kheera! KYUN??? Why did you do this! Why did you write me a shot?Can you make Heera's with Kheera?😳 Oh and I did this kinda cus we were talking about the idea and it seemed to be perfect for you! 😳 

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YOU WROTE ME A SHOT! I LOVED IT! I AWSOMELY LOVED IT! IT WAS PERFECT!!!!!!! *HUGS* *hugs back* I'm glad you liked it! 😳

Meera, I LOVED it! The way you showed me all worried...and Prem being all so caring and coming to LA with me...OMG! That is just toooooooooooo sweet. His surprise to come with me and OMG! I am Mrs. Shifali Prem Juneja?? *faints*☺️ Awwww I'm glad you liked it! 😳 I wasn't sure if the Prem I had in the beginning was good enough, but then I had to make him perfect near the end, and I'm glad you liked being married! 😳

You donno HOW happy I am Meera...my feelings Oh God! They were PUUUURFECT! The way I could sense his fragrance everywhere...OMG! I loved him and oohh..him in the seat beside mine! Ahhhhhhh! *giggles* I'm so so so glad you liked it! 😳

I loved it Meera! I loved it! Thanks! 😊

indiandoll89 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shabo24

I just got home, and kinda have to leave NOW! So short comment! :)

Loved it, and Shifs is going to kill you but that's ok. So sweet of him to change everything just for her. :) Awesome.

I miss you. :)

--shabz

Awww that's okay!😃 I know shes gonna kill me but oh well! 😳 I'm glad you liked that...and believe me shabz..I miss you too! 😔
-Jwalamukhi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Why will I kill you Meera?
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Cus of your usual reactions when someone writes you a one shot! 😳
Aw this was SO cute, Meera! 😳 Loved it :) It was really sweet of him to surprise her like that; veryy nicely written :D

-sanya.