kaash thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
"I play an average man who is not a metro-sexual or a retro-sexual. He is just completely sexual!" - Akshay Kumar
By IndiaFM News Bureau, October 29, 2005 - 23:42 IST
If the tag of 'action hero' is befitting to anyone, this actor is certainly one of the top contenders. Yes, we're talking about none other than Akshay Khiladi Kumar. After having proved his worth in countless action flicks, the recent past has seen him shift gradually to other genres as well. Many of his recent movies have been comedies which he handled with utter finesse. Whether it was Hera Pheri or Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, he had the audience in splits! He will soon be seen in another laughathon, Garam Masala. We spoke to the Khiladi of Bollywood, on what makes his latest film so garam!

First of all, we just spoke to John! And he has told us to say 'Hi Guruji' to you! What is that about?
I think you should ask him about this. He has always wanted to be Guruji! Actually the entire unit of Venus called him Guruji! He purposely keeps emphasizing it!

What is the Garam Masala factor in this movie?
The story is about Mr. Hot and Mr. Cool. When we both meet, what happens is Garam Masala! We date about five women at the same time. We get stuck in tricky situations and get out of them. But finally, we get stuck really badly! Basically, to date more than one woman is wrong!

Tell us about your role in the movie.
Well, I play an average man who is not a metrosexual or a retrosexual. He is just completely sexual!

We heard that there were lots of pranks on the sets of this film. Apparently, you played a prank on the three new girls.
No! That is not true. I didn't play any pranks.

What is the USP of Garam Masala?
The USP of this film is John playing comedy for the first time. He has done a brilliant job! He is the surprise package. I was shocked when I finished the dubbing because I really admired his comedy skills. He's just excellent.

Tell the audience why they should watch this movie.
Well, it is a complete entertaining film. You can take your children and full family for it. Your grandparents included! It's called Garam Masala and is about a man dating five women at the same time. But still there is simplicity in the film. You won't feel ashamed about watching the film. I am proud to be a part of it.