Posted: 14 years ago
Jagjit-Chitra's daughter no more
IndiaGlitz [Friday, May 29, 2009]

Jagjit Singh and Chitra Singh's daughter Monica Chowdhri is reported to have committed suicide a few hours ago at her Bandra residence in suburban Mumbai. She was 45 years old. Monica was Chitra's daughter from her first marriage to a certain Debo Prasad Dutta. The marriage ended in a divorce after which Chitra married ghazal singer Jagjit Singh.Monica, who had modelled briefly, was said to have a very cordial relationship with Jagjit. In fact, she respected him for the way he treated Chitra.The singer couple have lost a son Vivek years ago in a car accident. After the accident, Chitra and Jagjit released an album after which she publicly declared that she'd stopped singing.

indiaglitz.com
This is terrible. First Chitra lost her son that she had with Jagjit and now this? My heart goes out to this female. 😭

I cant believ y she commited suicide?

Originally posted by Sano88

I cant believ y she commited suicide?

😲 Do you mean there was some foul play?
omg RIP .....i freakin hate people who suicide 😡

Suicide is not a solution. It's a problem. It's an epidemic. Problems are not solutions -- basic high school Science!

Suicide is a permanent end to temporary problems. Note the irony in this.

Killing yourself will not solve your problems. Your problems will still exist, only they will no longer be your own. You may not feel the burden any more, but your friends, family, loved ones, and even your acquaintances, the people who you barely know, even people who you DO NOT know, will still feel it!

It's dumb! Even for the religious, we cannot say with any certainty that we are positive what happens to us when we die. Life is a gift! Why throw it away? Do something with it! If you don't like the way it's going, CHANGE IT! Run away, stay home. Meet some new people, get reacquainted with some old friends. Listen to music, enjoy silence. Just don't brood on whatever is hurting you!

- If you're lonely, talk to people. If you believe you have nobody to talk to, you're wrong. If you only want to talk to one person, and cannot, then get over it, and talk to someone else!
- If you're conscious about your body/self image, exercise.
- If you're conscious about your intelligence, read books. Take classes.
- If you have a problem with an addiction, seek help.
- If you're feeling angry, get it out! Get a canvas, some paint, and annihilate the canvas with your emotions! Don't turn your rage inwards. Don't turn it against others. Turn it against something that's incapable of feeling pain. Use your imagination! You're so creative in thinking of ways of killing yourself, why not think of a way of getting your hostility out without hurting anyone? Including yourself?

People call suicide "the final resort" -- when there's nothing else, there's suicide.

That's bullshit. Because you know why? To be a final resort, it has to be a resort in the first place, it has to be an option.

SUICIDE IS NOT AN OPTION.

There is nobody here who wants to see you leave -- embrace life. Find out what it is about life that makes it worth living. For some, this is a life long process. For others, the despair wins out and they give up to easily. Don't give up. Never give up.

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=712937

what's the reason behind suicide? anyways RIP
ow really sorry for her and i dnt understnd y people choose dis stupid option suicide its so stupid i mean dnt people lov der life bt m nt tokng abt chitras daughter bcoz i dnt knw wat is da actual truth u knw v shud nt make our own decisions ryt
I am at a loss for words. 😔But my best wishes and prayers go out to her family. Chitra and Jagjit are both some of my favorite singers, and to see another such tragedy happen to them makes my heart sink. May Monica Chowdhri R.I.P.