Kulran || Kya Mujhe Pyar Hai (a oneshot)

Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey all! So this is a sequel to Kahin Pyar Na Ho Jaye. Read that first if you want, or don't, it's up to you.

Anyways, I'm not so thrilled with this, it could be better, but I was way too lazy to rewrite it, and frankly, I'm not sure I want to anyways. Kulran are a bit tough to write. Bhav seemed to like it when she proofread it though, so I guess it's not all bad. πŸ˜†

Enjoy!

-||-

Kiran tapped his foot impatiently as he waited on the front steps of the college. He had had enough. Kulraj had been avoided him for far too long now. He did not think she had been avoiding him at first, writing her odd behaviour off as nerves for the upcoming finals. The quiet and more studious side of Kulraj tended to emerge during the examination period, a stark contrast to the usually vivacious and loud girl he had first befriended in his first year at college. But he had learnt all the little nuances of her personality over the years, and while there were some differences in her behaviour, he had attributed them to the fact that it was their last year, and these were the most important examinations they would ever have.

But he had changed his mind as she began to avoid him slowly. He had not taken much notice of it first, also worried about his papers. But when she had begun cancelling study sessions, a yearly ritual of theirs, he had gotten suspicious. He had taken to trying to confront her but she tended to disappear whenever he approached. He had not said anything, having no proof that she was avoiding him. It was the day that she had, on seeing him coming, ducked into the toilets that he had received the proof he needed. He was hurt, having no idea just why his best friend had taken to avoiding him, but he was unable to confront her. She took pains to make sure that they were never alone together, and even when they were face to face, she hardly looked at him.

His last paper had just ended, and her class was to end in a few minutes. The hurt he had experienced on realising his best friend wanted nothing to do with him had slowly turned into a quiet anger that she would not tell him anything to his face. She had taken to avoiding him rather than confronting him with whatever problem she had with him. He had not confronted her before the exams, not wanting either of their grades to suffer, throwing himself into his schoolwork with a vengeance he had never before had. That passion and fervour for his work had died with the last paper, replaced by anticipation. Kulraj had to answer his questions today.

He spotted her before she spotted him, which gave him an advantage. Her slight frame, dressed as she was in traditional wear, was not hard to spot, as everyone else was in Western outfits. Panic filled her face when she saw him making his way towards her. She tried to spin around to flee, but luck was on Kiran's side today. She bumped into a passing student, dropping her books in the process. He hurried to her side as she picked up her books.

She looked up when his shadow fell over her. He cut an imposing figure, arms folded across his chest, the usual smile missing from his face, and his eyes dark and angry. She bit her lip, looking away.

"Why?"
was all he asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about."
She stood up, and tried to brush past him.

He grabbed her hand. She stiffened in surprise. "Don't lie to me," he growled. "I think I deserve to know why my best friend is avoiding me, for no apparent reason."

"I,"
she was flustered. "I'm sorry," she finished meekly. "I just," she sighed. "I didn't know what else to do."

Kiran abruptly let go of her hand, completely baffled by her words. "What are you saying? You had to be avoiding me for a reason."

"I – Kiran, it was easier that way."

"What was easier?"
Kiran asked. He peered at her, stunned by the sudden blush that crept up her neck. He blinked, not understanding a thing, though he figured he should, because that blush should not have him telling himself that he had never seen her more beautiful as she was at that moment.

"I have to go,"
her wide eyes, and barely contained alarm disarmed him, and she took off before he could gather his wits about him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiran threw a pebble at the second window from the left. It had taken him a few hours to absorb the events of the day, and to read between Kulraj's lines, and realise the facts that had been staring him straight in the face for a long time.

There was a flutter at the curtains, and he grinned wolfishly as he spied Kulraj's stunned face. She opened the window, and quietly called out her enquiry. He said nothing, making his way up the trellis that was conveniently located under her window. She coloured, asking him what he was thinking. He sat on the still of her window and looked at her. The open window was letting in a breeze, which blew her hair around her face. A strand landed over her face, annoying her. Before she could push it back, he reached out and tucked it behind her ear, letting his fingers stray down her cheek. Her eyes met his cheeky ones and she blushed again. Words were not needed to express the mutual understanding both had come to.

-||-

Do let me know what you think!

Love,
Radz

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourpuss thumbnail
Meh. Bhav usually likes stuff. I don't know why, actually; Bhav is kinda weird. How are you friends with her?!

How much did that amuse you? Anyway, you know I liked it.

Love,
Bhav's evil twin (:
So cute. Took Kiran a while but he figured it out!! =] And that ending - honestly di you have such a FLAIR for writing....makes us all bow our heads in shame....ok maybe not that drastic but you get my point!

--shabz
Kulran is such a cute couple. Am really missing Kiran. I loved the bit, ["Why" was all he asked.] Masterful! Oh! Magnificent writing. Loved it. Do more of them please. (And of course, Meet...:)
Big Hug:) Love:-Nonee
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
mine! πŸ˜›

Awww Radz, that was just so beautiful! πŸ˜³πŸ˜›

I loved the way you showed his indepth feelings of the confusion and hurt that she was avoiding him, and then when that one word he said, and she knew deep down what he was asking, I love the understanding! 😳

And then really that ending was beautiful!!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³

Love you loads,

Meera😳

P.S. I for one have no idea how you're not happy with it...it was so sweet and simple! πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by indiandoll89 - 14 years ago
P.Kamaljit.Sean thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
aww soo cute
loved it super
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Updated my comment!😳
missindia26 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow beautiful one-shot
Totally portrayed Kulraj and Kiran
So sweet how they understood each other at the end
Loved it x

Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sourpuss

Meh. Bhav usually likes stuff. I don't know why, actually; Bhav is kinda weird. How are you friends with her?!

How much did that amuse you? Anyway, you know I liked it. O.o I would say you had officially lost it, but I don't think you ever had it. *muses* Or maybe that's your evil twin.  *ponders deeply* πŸ˜†

Love, love you too! (yes, I mean the evil twin!)
Bhav's evil twin (:

Originally posted by: shabo24

So cute. Took Kiran a while but he figured it out!! =] And that ending - honestly di you have such a FLAIR for writing....makes us all bow our heads in shame....ok maybe not that drastic but you get my point!

--shabz

Thanks Shabz. You are too sweet.

Originally posted by: noneeM

Kulran is such a cute couple. Am really missing Kiran. I loved the bit, ["Why" was all he asked.] Masterful! Oh! Magnificent writing. Loved it. Do more of them please. (And of course, Meet...:)
Big Hug:) Love:-Nonee

Thank you so much N! Maybe I will. πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: indiandoll89

mine! πŸ˜›

Awww Radz, that was just so beautiful! πŸ˜³πŸ˜›Thank you.

I loved the way you showed his indepth feelings of the confusion and hurt that she was avoiding him, and then when that one word he said, and she knew deep down what he was asking, I love the understanding! 😳Something I liked too! Thanks. πŸ˜‰

And then really that ending was beautiful!!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³ Thank you. 😳

Love you loads, love you too!

Meera😳

P.S. I for one have no idea how you're not happy with it...it was so sweet and simple! πŸ˜ƒ Biased! πŸ˜†

@ Pooji: Thank you!

@ missindia26: Thank you so much!

Love,
Radz