Karan singh grover latest interview?

Riddss thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Karan singh grover latest interview?

This season of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa has many well known television actors showing off their dancing skills.
One of them happens to be Karan Singh Grover, known and loved by one and all, as Dr Armaan of Dil Mill Gayee.

Karan, a Hotel Management graduate was working at the Sheraton in Muscat when he suddenly thought of participating in the Gladrags Man Hunt contest. From thereon, he started a career in modelling and today he is the heartthrob of television.

Besides Dil Mill Gayee, Karan was seen in shows like Kasauti Zindagi Kii and as a host on Zara Nachke Dikha.

Over the years Karan has gathered a strong female fan base and has girls swooning over his looks and his tattoos. Rajul Hegde caught up with the hunky 'doctor' for more.

What is the response to your presence on Jhalak?

I have got a good response. I'm really happy that the viewers have appreciated my hard work.

Do you think you are getting more votes because of your popularity as Dr Armaan or for your dancing skills?

It doesn't matter. I'm just happy that I'm getting votes.

There was lot of dostana happening between you and Ram Kapoor on the sets of Jhalak. How did your wife Shraddha Nigam react to it? What is your rapport with Ram like?

It was just for fun. Even Shraddha knows about it. Ram is a close friend whom I first met on Jhalak. We are so much alike in nature and both of us like to have fun and laugh so we hit it off instantly.

Do you think you are a good dancer? Have you ever danced before?

I am not a good dancer but I must admit that I have lot of stamina compared to others because I take more time to learn the steps. All are good dancers. As for me, I have to rehearse more. I danced once for an award function and twice-thrice in my show DMG before Jhalak.

What is your equation with your choreographer?

I am lucky to have Nicole as my choreographer because she is very patient. She is sweet and humble and respects her family like I do. She is now a part of our family also and even Shraddha likes her.

Have you made friends on Jhalak?

Not really. I shoot for Dil Mill Gayee the whole day and rehearse for Jhalak too so I don't have time to mingle with anyone.

According to you who is the best and the worst dancer (even among the ones voted out)?
If you look at dancing skills then it has to be Gauhar Khan and Parul Chauhan. Hard Kaur has lots of energy while Shilpa Shukla is hardworking, Baichung Bhuita also got full marks for his performance during the last three consecutive weeks.

I think all are better dancers than me. I also think that I'm the worst of the lot because it takes lot of time to learn the steps [Smiles].

Who do you think will win Jhalak?

You have to ask the audience and the judges. I want to win so it can be me also. [Smiles]

it was reported that you slapped a security guard at Filmistan, Goregaon [a suburb in Mumbai] because he stopped your wife from entering the studio and abused her. Can you tell us what exactly happened?

I don't want to get into the details because it is very personal and concerns my wife. It was a matter of dignity. I was 10 metres away from her and overheard their conversation. So I did go to him and asked him to apologise but he pushed my hand.

I didn't go with the intention of hitting him but he said things which were disrespectful and unacceptable. So I slapped him and everything was sorted out then and there. I would have reacted in the same way even if it was someone else and not Shraddha.

How do you balance both the show (Dil Mil Gaya and Jhalak)?
It is really tough but I manage. I shoot eight hours a day for Dil Mill Gayee and at night I go to Jhalak house for rehearsals. I hardly get time to sleep.

Have you lost weight after coming on Jhalak?

I have not checked but I know that I have lost a few kilos.

Jennifer Winget has replaced Sukriti Khandpal as Dr Ridhimma. Earlier it was Sukriti who replaced Shilpa Anand (Dil Mill Gayee). Do you think it will affect the show?

If the audience accept Jennifer as Dr Ridhimma and are happy then it's not going to affect the show. I am sad that Sukriti left and at the same time happy that Jennifer has come on the show. So it's a mixed reaction as Jennifer is my closest friend. We have worked together in Kasuati Zindagi Kii.

It was also reported that you are not able to give required time for your show (Dil Mill Gayee) after you signed Jhalak. So there was lot of tension between you and the production house. Your comments.

Whoever reported this didn't bother to even confirm the news with the production house. I agree that because of Jhalak I'm not able to give the kind of time I used to give earlier for DMG. I have discussed this with the production house and settled all the details with them before I signed Jhalak.

Now I give them eight hours and the production house is fine with everything. We have a very good rapport and there is no bad blood between us like it was reported.

What kind of shows do you prefer -- soaps or reality shows? Which ones do you identify with better?
Soaps and reality shows are two different things and cannot be compared. If you love your work you will enjoy what ever you do. But if you insist then I would have to say that I identify with films. (Laughs)

You are also doing a film. Can you talk about it?
I can talk about it only after a month.

Girls find you as one of the hottest stars on TV today. What do you think about that? Did you ever imagine, five years ago, that you would become this popular? What were you doing then?

I feel really blessed that God has been very kind to me. I am happy that everyone has appreciated my work for who I am. Five years ago I was working in Sheraton, Muscat.

Which actor and actress do you find hot on TV today? Who is you are closest competitor? Any Bollywood dreams?

I have to take my wife Shraddha's name otherwise she will kill me. Among the actors it has to be Ronit Roy. I hardly watch television and whenever I am free I like to sleep so I don't know which shows are there on TV. Frankly speaking I don't bother too much about the competition.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bissu thumbnail
Thanks, but wrong section i believe.
k_anjali12 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thank u sooooooooooooooooooo   much.
-Bubbles- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks for sharign.but its already been posted in the DMG section.