Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

light_dark thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
                                                 Musings

From being carried over either from western stage perfomance influences the cinema halls during the seventies if most people remember had curtains covering the screen.One would find their seats with cushions of coir and god knows what else and seat themselves and give ourselves bed sores for the seats were harder than stone and one should consider himself lucky if you were not bitten by bed bugs or should i call them seat bugs or just whatever alien creatures that lived in the the netherworld of the seat.one should consider himself the most luckiest if you could go home without those pesky gum sticking to either your back seat which is a real bitch to clean or worse sticks like glue to your slippers.Gawd knows what creature thought of this real slimy trick of torturing people with gum and i am glad nowadays gum chewing is not such a fad.for many a time i got gum stuck in my slippers and went about walking and trying to scrape it away and most people thought i walked that way with feet sliding and yes those movements could have been copied and evolved into the famous moonwalk step by jackson.

A hush used to fall and those long skirts or curtains used to roll,slide or was just being unclothed by the workers and then that familiar whirr of the projecter started and beams of light used to shoot across the length of the cinema hall as if a supernova was exploding and gamma rays were streaking to farthest regions of space.It was the most incredible experience for there was so much mystery in watching films and specially those times before television came into style.Even those film division black and white dreary programmes used to be fascinating usually in tamil with the words "biharil vellam".

Heroes with orange wigs and painted skin used to pass of as whites and some with blue passed off as gods.For a long time i never understood the significance of two flowers coming together or two usually white pigeons duing foreplay.well all that changed in my college days with po*n tapes and foreplay became fourplay.well nowadays you don't have flowers coming together but rather actors practising cookery on heroines navels and etc.well that reminds me they have come to the extent of placing icecubes and assorted stuff on actresses stomachs and their broad well developd backs.that set me thinking and i did try that on a woman friend and she pointedly asked me what next chilli powder and ginger garlic paste.well that tall story is for another day.

In just a simple word development and technological advances we are stuck with a television and hundreds of channels and as is the habit skipping channels is the latest fad.Those days of black and white doordarshan days i was fascinated by even vayalum vazhvum and ulavarum oli kadhir.good old days of wonder balloon and kanmani poonga and two flowers kissing .there was so much more mystery and expectations than posters of today which us kissing scenes to lure hapless and horny audiences into the death trap of a flop film.
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Congratulations on hitting double century (reached 200 pages) đź‘ŹđźĄł
light_dark thumbnail
Sardarji is at Delhi International airport, when a young Indian woman asks him for the time? ...Read on...

As she is not wearing a watch she asks in a very American accent to a Sardar, 'Wot's dah tayme?'

The Sardar is a very patriotic man and hates Desis who put on a foreign accent. He replies in the same American accent, 'Bra-panties'. Confused the lady asks again, 'No! No! Wot's Dah Tayme?' The Sardar again answers back, in the same accent, 'Bra-panties'. Seeing the confusion, another sardar comes to the rescue, 'O papaji, tusi samajh nahin paaye? Kudi twade ko puuch rahii hai, kinna time hua!' Sardar shouts, 'Paji, tow main bhi to oonoo time hee Bata rahan hu...barah payntis (12.35)'
spain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Perusa oru sandai,

but kuttiya oru Sorry…

Chinnadha oru kovam,

but innum chinnadha oru Siripu…

Kodumaiya oru pirivu…

but - meendum inimaya oru Sandhippu!

And so it's been….

But through it all, it feels happy to be a regular reader of your posts over the years that has now accumulated to 200 pages!!

Wow! Congrats for that!đź‘Ź

Here's hoping that you will continue writing and sharing your thoughts, copying 'n pasting and keeping us entertained until you reach at least your 15th century (that's 1,500 pages!!)

No need to worry.

We will be very patient, as you have at least another 25-30 years to accomplish that feat!!

(Kootti kalichu paruga, kanaku sariya varum!)

Meanwhile, continue writing and have a nice day….

light_dark thumbnail

Thanks migan and spain.Like my post on reaching my 100th page i repeat myself saying that my blog is your blog and i continue and endure because a few of you do so.It is our blog and is filled with our lively moments,moments of anger and moments of sadness.But most importantly they are filled with our lives and precious time.I will continue to cut,copy and paste spain as you so lovingly have pointed out but i do that just to share some good stuff such as jokes,thoughts and poetry and i do that even though they are not mine.what the heck i am not writing a novel.so lets continue to endure and press on with smiles,anger and aches of heart,soul and mind.Be well.

I remain yours truly
                                                                                   satish
spain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That's sweet.

But seriously, we should fight more often -
because when a woman is in the mood to argue, it is always challenging
...but it can be quite funny too!

(Courtesy, read below. It has been 'copied and pasted'!)

Woman: Is there a problem, Officer?

Officer: Ma'am, you were speeding.

Woman: Oh, I see.

Officer: Can I see your license please?

Woman: I'd give it to you but I don't have one.

Officer: Don't have one?

Woman: Lost it 4 times for drunk driving.

Officer: I see...Can I see your vehicle registration papers please.

Woman: I can't do that.

Officer: Why not?

Woman: I stole this car.

Officer: Stole it?

Woman: Yes, and I killed and hacked up the owner.

Officer: You what?

Woman: His body parts are in plastic bags in the trunk if you want to see.

The Officer looks at the woman, slowly backs away to his car, and calls for back up. Within minutes 5 police cars circle the car. A senior officer slowly approaches the car, clasping his half drawn gun.

Officer 2: Ma'am, could you step out of your vehicle please!

The woman steps out of her vehicle.

Woman: Is there a problem sir?

Officer 2: One of my officers told me that you have stolen this car and murdered the owner.

Woman: Murdered the owner?

Officer 2: Yes, could you please open the trunk of your car, please.

The woman opens the trunk, revealing nothing but an empty trunk.

Officer 2: Is this your car, ma'am?

Woman: Yes, here are the registration papers.

The first officer is stunned.

Officer 2: One of my officers claims that you do not have a driving license.

The woman digs into her handbag and pulls out a clutch purse and hands it to the officer. The officer snaps open the clutch purse and examines the license. He looks quite puzzled.

Officer 2: Thank you ma'am, one of my officers told me you didn't have a license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered and hacked up the owner.

Woman: What!!?? And I bet that LYING idiot told you that I was speeding too!?!

light_dark thumbnail
 The darkness before dawn is good for a walk and just as good to gather one's thoughts.Well i seem to be getting up earlier and earlier and somewhere deep inside a clock has come alive and it is ticking loudly.I can feel the hands of that clock tick away louder than my beating heart louder even after my run when i am bent over sweating and gasping for breath.I leant against the lamp post and looked around as if aching to see something different.Sadly it was just the same as was the day before.Same familiar old faces,same dogs,same beach but yet the darkness was different.For the coming dawn was kind of knocking on the doors of darkness saying it was time to slip away and the pressing for light to just shine through.The inky blackness started tearing away and now the cloak of black started showing tears as if it was the clothes worn by an street urchin,tears here and there showing a little bit of his body.So was the cloak of night being torn away and son pinks and oranges lit up and started brightening gently but surely.The few minutes of catching my breath shifted my side of earth to light from dark.My heart rested and subsided from its racy pace and i looked up and faced the coming dawn and let it fall on me from orange caress to burning white and i opened my eyes and i saw the same dogs,the same old people walking briskly as if they could walk away from their lives or some sadness haunting them.So i pondered and waited for that something to trickle into me and then the light lingered and whispered gently.Night and day,darkness and light are all the same.Things are the same and you just have to close your eyes for light to become dark and open it for dark to become light.It's all in the mind and in equal and total halves.So i let the thoughts go and reined in my wandering mind and started wishing hello to the same old dogs and same old people.
light_dark thumbnail
students at a local school were assigned to read 2 books, 'Titanic' and 'My Life' by Bill Clinton.

One student turned in the following book report, with the proposition that they were nearly identical stories!

His cool professor gave him an A+ for this report.

Titanic: Cost - $29.99
Clinton : Cost - $29.99

Titanic: Over 3 hours to read
Clinton : Over 3 hours to read

Titanic: The story of Jack and Rose, their forbidden love, and subsequent catastrophe.
Clinton : The story of Bill and Monica, their forbidden love, and subsequent catastrophe.

Titanic: Jack is a starving artist.
Clinton : Bill is a bullshit artist.

Titanic: Rose gets to keep her jewelry.
Clinton : Monica is forced to return her gifts.

Titanic: Rose remembers Jack for the rest of her life.
Clinton : Clinton doesn't remember Jack.

Titanic: Jack surrenders to an icy death.
Clinton : Bill goes home to Hillary - basically the same thing 
light_dark thumbnail

ACTUAL SENTENCES FOUND ON PATIENTS' HOSPITAL CHARTS

Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.

On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it disappeared.

The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to
   be depressed.

The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.

Discharge status: Alive but without my permission.

Healthy appearing decrepit 69 year old male, mentally alert but forgetful.

The patient refused autopsy.

The patient has no previous history of suicides.

Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.

Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with
 only a 40 pound weight gain in the past 3 days.

Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch

She is numb from her toes down.

While in ER, she was examined, X-rated and sent home.

The skin was moist and dry.

Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches.

Patient was alert and unresponsive.

She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life,
            until she got a divorce.

I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy.

The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job
            as a stockbroker instead.

Skin: somewhat pale but present

The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.

Patient was seen in consultation by Dr Blank, who felt we should
            sit on the abdomen and I agree.

Large brown stool ambulating in the hall.

Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.

light_dark thumbnail
A very successful lawyer parked his brand-new Lexus in front of his office, ready to show it off to his colleagues. As he got out, a truck passed too close and completely tore off the door on the driver's side. The lawyer immediately grabbed his cell phone, dialled 911, and within minutes a policeman pulled up.

Before the officer had a chance to ask any questions, the lawyer started screaming hysterically. His Lexus, which he had just picked up the day before, was now completely ruined and would never be the same, no matter what the body shop did to it.

When the lawyer finally wound down from his ranting and raving, the officer shook his head in disgust and disbelief. "I can't believe how materialistic you lawyers are," he said. "You are so focused on your possessions that you don't notice anything else."

"How can you say such a thing?" asked the lawyer.

The cop replied, "Don't you know that your left arm is missing from the elbow down? It must have been torn off when the truck hit you."

"My God!" screamed the lawyer. "Where's my Rolex?"