It's because I have been loved that...

-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

It's because I have been loved that I have become stronger...

Why am I leaving you this note? I mean I will be meeting you in few hours before you arrive for your shift. Here, let me tell you the reason. A few minutes ago I was walking in the corridor reading a report when I was hit by an aroma that I have solely associated with you. You know I love you, a lot, but it takes my breath away when your essence meddles with the normalcy of my everyday life.

It's not as if this is an everyday occurrence, but when it does, it's an experience that many people can only dream of. There is a shift in the air, heaviness in the ambiance and then, there is this warmth that starts in my palms and starts spreading all over me and in the process of doing so, it defines me, our memories, my insecurity and my current state of loneliness. There is a melancholy in the way that you are not here when I actually feel your residual presence and something very romantic in the fact that I am actually writing it down. And this is when I stop writing my tangled state of mind and write something what my clear heart is dictating.

You know, Riddhima, there is this one point in a relationship when you seem to know what the other person is doing or thinking or about to say. No, it's not in the romantic context, but it is in the sense a point of clarity when you are so much intone with this other person that you just know. Is that how you know when to get me a coffee or when I need a hug?

When I had broken down, I found salvation in your arms when you hugged me. You had simply accepted me for the man that I am. There was no reasoning for your acceptance; there was no judgmental or logical explanation in doing so. It simply was. And I adore you for that.

So, Riddhima, thank you for walking with me and making spring seem lovelier and the sun seems warmer, to cut out the din of the world while letting me hear the whistles of the birds as an interlude and as foolishly unctuous as this may seem, I have nothing more than honest words to offer: I am glad we are together walking towards our futures which is horribly tangled with one another.
It was a pleasure finding you and in the process finding myself.

One last thing, before I sign off.

It wouldn't be prudent of me to assume that you would think about me all the time. But the times when I really do cross your mind, I wish that you smile.

~Sookie

Author's Notes: My apologies not posting "Under the rainbow...". I have fallen horribly sick and I will take couple of days to get back into the groove. Till then, enjoy reading this...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ttimpy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
its really really lovely......sookie...........and hope that u r feeling better now....whats happened??????????
-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
@ttipmy:  I fell down from my bike and I am bruised all over. Because of this are few repercussions - fever blah blah and double blah.

@missy: thanks!!!

~Sookie
bloodline thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Another amzing writing from u :)
What happened to you? Don't worry about updating,,,,take ur time and most importantly, take rest
Get well soon :)
.:.MONA.:. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hey it is amezing...keep it up..loved it..thank 4 the pm..
❤️MONA
hey sookie,
this is my first time leaving a comment on ur story...just read 'the darkness falls...." few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. it was mysteriously engaging ;)
As of now, i can just tell ya one thing....dude, ur an awesome writer.....ur writing style is soo different...love how u describe the small feelings in detail....great job! ur one shots are simply amazing....

ps: loved that last line of armaan's note...and and hope u feel better soon...

tc.
ania =)
Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
*Reserved*

Sookie.....honey.... that was a lovely "lonely" part....
you take care dear... do not stress yourself too much.."Get Well Soon"...
Edited by Prasanthi - 15 years ago
perfectpiscean thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Aww...that was so cute! Lol Im feeling very 'awieee' after that! =)

Once again...I loved the way u penned it...Especially this line  "It wouldn't be prudent of me to assume that you would think about me all the time. But the times when I really do cross your mind, I wish that you smile"

it would be prudent of me to say that ur less than an amazing writer!

And OMG...What happened to u? Hope ur ok! Get Well Soon! And dont worrry about ur FF....Us fans are very patient! =)

Once again...Get Well Soon!

-Marisha
rabiam thumbnail
heyyyyyyyyyy
it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
loved it.........
hope u recover soon
take care
love rabu
disisSanaya thumbnail

Heyya..........

awesome part dear........loved it totally!😆😆
great......keep it up..........thanks 4 da pm!

Sanaya😳